First Avenger Captain America: The First Avenger DVD Thread

iGiFF

Civilian
Reaction score
It's never to late to start a thread for an inevitable DVD release. No news is out yet about when the DVD will be released but my theory is November 2011. So far all the lead up films have been released four months after there theatrical runs.

Iron Man: Released May 2008, DVD Released September 2008
The Incredible Hulk: Released June 2008, DVD Released October 2008
Iron Man 2: Released May 2010, DVD Released September 2010
Thor: Released May 2011, DVD Release September 2011

There is my reasoning for why Cap will hit November 2011. For the date I am going to guess November 25th because they will probably release it as late as possible so Christmas sales will be higher. Thoughts?

Late November or early December is my guess.

Anyone have ideas for the box cover? Im betting this will be it. It captures the film best of all the posters.

captain_america_poster1.jpg

I want the poster iGiff posted as the cover. This film has so much replay value and it's going to look glorious on Blu-Ray.

I'm guessing the release date for Cap will be either in December or January .

I have a feeling like the Iron Man and Thor Blu Ray/DVD covers, that it's going to be the International or the more recent one with Cap standing in front of everyone. Not the poster with all the Howling Commandos.

I have a feeling like the Iron Man and Thor Blu Ray/DVD covers, that it's going to be the International or the more recent one with Cap standing in front of everyone. Not the poster with all the Howling Commandos.

I absolutely HATE those posters. They look so photoshopped. It bothers me.

I'm hoping the cover art for the blu-ray is this badass poster.

Yeah that's the one I was talking about. I'd almost bet money either that one, or something close with be the cover. And the first poster shot will be like the Special Edition or 3D version. That's how they have always done it. :csad:

^^^that's what I was thinking too. The only problem is, which one to get :/

I don't care anymore. Since Concorde Home Entertainment lost the rights for distributing MCU movies on the German speaking market and we no longer get those great looking and uniform steelbox editions with a lot of bonus material, but instead we are stuck with a single DVD with hideous cover art by Paramount, I might as well wait until 2013, hoping that we might get a MCU collectors BR edition. And I hate BR. But I want matching covers for my MCU movie. Seriously, how hard can it be for Marvel to at least have their DVDs/BRs with matching artwork?

@ Marvel

Wow, thanx for that info!

I knew that that the Hydra Valkyrie was based upon an actual superbomber that the Axis powers were trying to develope, but I did not know about that other stuff.

do you guys think it needs a directors cut? do you think a direcotors cut would help the film or hut the film?

Last edited:
Anyone have ideas for the box cover? Im betting this will be it. It captures the film best of all the posters.

captain_america_poster1.jpg
I guess that'll be the cover for the special edition while the other more action packed poster will be for the normal 1 disc version

I hope they have the shield on the dvds

do you guys think it needs a directors cut? do you think a direcotors cut would help the film or hut the film?

If they took out ALL the present day scenes and left the Johnson-directed stuff in, then we'd have a PERFECT film IMO. All the present-day stuff/Avengers stuff should have been post-credits .. it's likely not gonna happen but it'd be nice.

Last edited:
If they took out ALL the present day scenes and left the Johnson-directed stuff in, then we'd have a PERFECT film IMO. All the present-day stuff/Avengers stuff should have been post-credits .. it's likely not gonna happen but it'd be nice.

You see to me, present day stuff =/= Avengers stuff. Cap getting frozen is part of his story and even if they weren't making an Avengers film I'd still expect it to be in there.

JJ directed the end scene with Fury.

JJ directed the end scene with Fury.

REALLY? I thought Whedon did .. my bad :doh:

That being said, THAT scene should have been the post-credits scene and the final scene being the kid with the trash can lid shield

I think they should have left that end scene with Nick Fury for The Avengers movie. Somehow it just didn't fit. Scene in the beginning of the movie should have been the only present day scene. They should have continued that scene in The Avengers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"