Endgame Captain America/Steve Rogers - Chris Evans

Fun fact Chris Evans was the original choice Jeff Fowler wanted to Star in #SonictheHedgehog film instead of James Marsden. Here's a concept art design sequence from the film that features our very own America's Ass Christopher Evan's as the character of Tom with Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog . Enjoy
Check this delightful Easter nugget from the film a minor story note that occurred in the film spoiler warning view at your own risk.

If Captain America did get with Sharon Carter in Winter Soldier or Civil War, then how would he explain to Peggy Carter about that when he went back in time at the end of Endgame? It could've been very awkward.

Smart men always, apropos nothing, mention the previous women they've slept with to the woman who is their current SO. :o

Smart men always, apropos nothing, mention the previous women they've slept with to the woman who is their current SO. :o

It’s obviously not just “previous women apropos of nothing”, it’s her niece.

You're married, no? :o

So... If you had for whatever reason slept with your wife's niece, grand niece, step niece, whatever... LITERALLY out of nowhere (AKA: APROPROS NOTHING.) you would offer this information up?

Wow. Leaving morals aside, real world... That just sounds so incredibly stupid. :o

This of course is leaving aside the obvious to anyone with an actual sense of humor what the :o meant in my first post, (Hint: sarcastic observational humor... Please follow. ) but more to the point, if we actually wanna take this hypothetical with any seriousness applied to a real world situation... Again, you'll forgive me for assuming our hypothetical playa Cap would have more common sense than God gave the average jar of mayonnaise. :o

Last edited:

Is Sharon still her niece or grand niece in the MCU? Peggy seems a little old and would've been about 90 when she died.

Yeah I think she was her Aunt and not her great Aunt. Sharon mentioned her mom in relation to Peggy and I always inferred that's because they were sisters.

And to your original point, A) I doubt we're supposed to infer Steve ever went further with Sharon than a kiss and B) there's no reason he'd keep that a secret from Peggy for 70 something years. There's no reason to.

Yeah I think she was her Aunt and not her great Aunt. Sharon mentioned her mom in relation to Peggy and I always inferred that's because they were sisters.

And to your original point, A) I doubt we're supposed to infer Steve ever went further with Sharon than a kiss and B) there's no reason he'd keep that a secret from Peggy for 70 something years. There's no reason to.
When did Sharon mention her mom in relation to Peggy? Also, for Sharon to have the Carter last name (unless her mom just happened to marry someone who also had the last name Carter or she decided to use the Carter last name just because - which would seem odd since in her eulogy she expressed that she *didn't* want people to know she was related to Peggy) her parent (or grandparent) would more likely be Peggy's brother (not sister)

As for whether it's aunt or great-aunt. I don't think it's outright stated anywhere (someone is free to correct me if I'm wrong on that), but given the time frames/what we know of Peggy's family (via Agent Carter), the most common belief is that it's great-aunt and that Sharon is the grandchild of a brother to Peggy. As for some of the plot points from Agent Carter (I'll put under spoiler tags just in case there's anyone that hasn't watched it yet and doesn't want spoilers)
The three theories I've seen as to the brother conundrum (since season 2 showed us a flashback at one point indicating that her only (at least only at the time) brother Michael had been killed in action). There could have been another/younger brother that was born/adopted into the family after the loss of Michael. Michael could've fathered a child before he left on his last mission and that child became Sharon's parent. Or, given that the writer's revealed what their plans had been for the season 3 that never happened, Michael faked his own death/was still alive, leaving him available to father a child later in life (which, again, that child would go on to become Sharon's parent)

When did Sharon mention her mom in relation to Peggy? Also, for Sharon to have the Carter last name (unless her mom just happened to marry someone who also had the last name Carter or she decided to use the Carter last name just because - which would seem odd since in her eulogy she expressed that she *didn't* want people to know she was related to Peggy) her parent (or grandparent) would more likely be Peggy's brother (not sister)

As for whether it's aunt or great-aunt. I don't think it's outright stated anywhere (someone is free to correct me if I'm wrong on that), but given the time frames/what we know of Peggy's family (via Agent Carter), the most common belief is that it's great-aunt and that Sharon is the grandchild of a brother to Peggy. As for some of the plot points from Agent Carter (I'll put under spoiler tags just in case there's anyone that hasn't watched it yet and doesn't want spoilers)
The three theories I've seen as to the brother conundrum (since season 2 showed us a flashback at one point indicating that her only (at least only at the time) brother Michael had been killed in action). There could have been another/younger brother that was born/adopted into the family after the loss of Michael. Michael could've fathered a child before he left on his last mission and that child became Sharon's parent. Or, given that the writer's revealed what their plans had been for the season 3 that never happened, Michael faked his own death/was still alive, leaving him available to father a child later in life (which, again, that child would go on to become Sharon's parent)

I'd agree with the above. The time frame does seem too great for Peggy to be Sharon's aunt. There's a generation gap in there if Sharon is in her late 20s or early 30s. There should be someone in there in their 60s or 70s, not going from 30s to 90s. BTW how old was Peggy exactly when she died? Or how old was she in Winter Soldier when Steve was visiting her while she was suffering from dementia?

I suppose it's possible Peggy's sister married someone also named Carter, but that seems a bit of a stretch. But then she could've married someone with a different surname, had a son, gotten divorced and reverted back to her maiden name and then also changed her son's surname back to Carter. That does happen sometimes in real life.

But the simpler and most straightforward explanation would be that it's simply Peggy's brother's grandchild.

Just looked it up and yup, the consensus is that she's Peggy's great-niece:

Sharon Carter

I took her quote to Cap in Civil War as implying they were sisters but I stand corrected:

"My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting, but not Aunt Peggy. She bought me my first thigh holster."

James the Box Office artist has done it again. This time it's 100 representation of Captain America through History from the MCU, to the comics and beyond.

Cool pic. You can see some of his early suits make him look quite lean, but from Civil War onwards, his shoulders broadened out, and he became more imposing.

Oh this was a defining moment in history that will probably never happened again.

This scene and what follows (Portals) is the best cinematic experience I've ever had. I will forever cherish and miss seeing this at the midnight screening.

Audiences here in the UK are usually quiet but everyone went crazy when Cap lifted Mjolnir. It was amazing.

The only thing that comes close to this experience was seeing Thor arriving in Wakanda on my midnight Infinity War screening.

Thank you, Russos! Thank you for delivering the two finest CBM's ever. Two sides of the same coin, yet different enough to be their own beasts.

Nothing will come close to the IW/EG hype for at least the next 5 years.

I was perfectly happy with Cap's ending. It's better than the cliche Thanos kills him idea people seemed to want.

Marvel did such a great job with Cap I can't believe it. Watching his development and popularity shoot up was great. After TWS came out I saw more people wearing Cap merch than ever before. Nice send off. I know Endgame was it for Steve but I wonder will we get a scene of him dying or sick on his death bed like Peggy got in TWS in future films. I'm not ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"