Endgame Captain America/Steve Rogers - Chris Evans

Really thought Cap was gonna bite it when Thanos was smashing that shield up.

Random thought: Of all the mortal characters to ever wield Mjolnir (e.g., Dargo, Beta Ray Bill, Jane Foster), Cap's the only one whose physical appearance isn't altered in the process to reflect Thor's likeness somehow. That's kind of interesting. It's as if the hammer considers Cap an equal to Thor, not just in strength of mind and spirit but also in physicality.

thor400_worthy.jpg

Eric Masterson aka Thunderstrike

thunderstrike-eric-masterson-710edf9a-8021-4335-a0a2-ace79891424-resize-750.jpeg

Jane Foster Thor

the-unworthy-thor-drops-his-hammer-on-the-moon_and-jane-picks-it-up-photo-u1

So... This confirmed theory of two Steve Rogers existing in the MCU at the same time...
Was that casket scene at Peggy Carters funeral intentional or just damn good coincidental luck that there's an old man Roger Stevens carrying her casket as well??? Seems too perfect to me.

Chris Evans shares one of his favorite scenes in Avengers Endgame

So... This confirmed theory of two Steve Rogers existing in the MCU at the same time...
Was that casket scene at Peggy Carters funeral intentional or just damn good coincidental luck that there's an old man Roger Stevens carrying her casket as well??? Seems too perfect to me.
I don't know if I would consider the writers agreeing with the funeral fan theory as creating something that is absolutely "confirmed" for CA:Civil War when the writers are at odds with the directors/they give contradicting information on what happened when Steve in the past. If all the creators (writers and directors) agreed on this, that would be one thing. But the conflicting statements from them, with the Writers stating the closed loop theory/Cap was always Peggy's husband (which disregards the rules of time travel as they set in the movie) and the Directors who state he lived in a branched off timeline (which is consistant with what we're told in the movie, and where he wouldn't have to sit back and watch horrible things happen/could do what he could knowing his original/prime timeline won't be affected)?

Given the information presented in the movie, Personally I'm with the directors. Steve lived in a branched off timeline and so, in the funeral scene in CA: Civil War, there was only one Steve Rogers present.

(just the way I take it/see it - I know others will disagree)

It is a bit confusing... But then this would mean they've had this seed planted since CA:CW and I'm just not buying that they planned the payoff to be in End Game. They just got lucky since they had to explain all this time travel stuff away...

It's a convenient ret-con explanation. Although I don't think that's the case because Peggy talk with Steve before she suffers from her condition seemed to imply that she did have a life and was regretfully that he didn't get to have one himself.

I think the writers kinda wrote themselves into a fix and the two Steve angle is just to save face.

I personally believe the life Steve got to have in the past with Peggy is an alternate version where he made it a better place to live in and lived a wonderful Life .

It's a convenient ret-con explanation. Although I don't think that's the case because Peggy talk with Steve before she suffers from her condition seemed to imply that she did have a life and was regretfully that he didn't get to have one himself.

I think the writers kinda wrote themselves into a fix and the two Steve angle is just to save face.

I personally believe the life Steve got to have in the past with Peggy is an alternate version where he made it a better place to live in and lived a wonderful Life .

Exactly... And unless she's suffering from Alzheimer's here, she's not exactly giving off the vibe that she's had a life with his past self... Man this is loopy just typing this out!

Time travel is a paradox that unfortunately is open-ended and it's up to the writers interpretation that determines the end result. Marcus and McFeely have their own idea as do the Russo brothers and we the fans. Unless Marvel Studios wants to explore what happened. We are left with our imagination to determine what happened to Steve Rogers.

Like I said It's an alternate version in which he got to live a life with Peggy, probably with a family of his own. And I gather both he and Peggy made damn sure the world was safe by continuing to work.

He probably cleaned up S.H.E.I.L.D. with Howard, maybe even became Commander .found Bucky saved him from becoming the winter soldier. Among other things.

I can see a Steve & Peggy series coming on Disney + as we speak...

I can see a Steve & Peggy series coming on Disney + as we speak...

It's very possible, unfortunately Chris Evans is tied up in various projects films. And Haley is doing European theatre Broadway productions

The writers and directors can say whatever they want but at the end of the day it's Kevin Feige who decides what's canon and what's not.

The complete Steve Rogers fight montage in the MCU films from the First Avenger to Avengers Endgame! Enjoy

Time travel is a paradox that unfortunately is open-ended and it's up to the writers interpretation that determines the end result. Marcus and McFeely have their own idea as do the Russo brothers and we the fans. Unless Marvel Studios wants to explore what happened. We are left with our imagination to determine what happened to Steve Rogers.

Like I said It's an alternate version in which he got to live a life with Peggy, probably with a family of his own. And I gather both he and Peggy made damn sure the world was safe by continuing to work.

He probably cleaned up S.H.E.I.L.D. with Howard, maybe even became Commander .found Bucky saved him from becoming the winter soldier. Among other things.
Personally what the directors have said, and the film they helmed, are right now for me the last word. If there is one of a handful of flaws in AEG I think that they leaned on "poetry" over "prose" with the return of Steve as an old man would be one.

I get the whys and it is a great scene and moment, but with a bit of a tweak it would not have opened up all these questions. All they had to do was show Steve returning to the pad in the same quantum suit, carrying a large case. When he takes the helmet off he is now old and the scene plays out the same. He hands the shield which was in the case to Sam and then leaves back to his new reality. It doesn't do anything radical to the film's end except side step all the fan questions.

Very disappointed with the home release and the lackluster BTS... ALL of which has already been online for a while now...

My guess is when they do the eventual release of the Infinity Saga boxset it will feature a whole bunch of new extra set of featurettes.

As for Steve Rogers, Joe and Anthony Russo have stated that Chris Evans isn't done yet with the role. So it sounds like he could return at some point in the near future.

Seems the development team from square Phoenix has taken some of their inspiration for Cap's fighting style combat technics from what Chris Evans did in the MCU films.

Concept art of the iconic moment from Endgame with Cap designed by Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"