Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty - (Chris Evans)

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by The Caped Knight, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

2. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

[​IMG]

Those curves. :ilv:

3. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

4. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

5. Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

That last one! :lmao:

6. hafizbat Registered

Damn.

He seems much more comfortable with all the muscle now, he's been maintaining his current shape since shooting TWS, right?

I remember he used to complain about being too big in TFA, and he was a lot slimmer in TA. Seems to have finally found the right balance because he's definitely at his peak.

7. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Right after Civil War he dropped about 15lbs of muscle to make Gifted. He seems to have most of that back but he's not as big as he is when he starts a Marvel film.

8. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

9. ScarlettW Registered

It's not damage control. This interview is from the same day he talked about Nat, that is, he didn't even know about the drama that was going on about what he said.

10. Slushy Registered

11. Raiden Wakanda Forever

This is from NFL? I didn't know they're doing the marketing with Marvel.

12. Voltron Registered

The same could be said about Bucky, Peggy, and Sam in their first appearances. I and many others in the SC thread have raised this stating that she was shortchanged in TWS and wasn't developed more.

Who's fault is that?

I was referring to this gif. This is what came across as fake to me because it sounded like he didn't mean it.

[​IMG]

Like what I said earlier:

Same day, but not the same time. A Marvel publicist could've had a word and corrected him straight after the press conference, you never know.

13. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Not Chris Evans', so what's your point? That he should lie and say this is an important relationship to his Steve Rogers? Or that this is the relationship he sees as the best or most interesting one or his character?

Why ever would a Marvel publicist tell him he shouldn't prefer Black Widow as a current romantic interest for Steve Rogers? Maybe they should give Mackie and Stan the same memo about their own characters. If he was being forced to tow some Marvel agenda then he'd have been told to choose Sharon. He didn't.

He's answering two different questions and gave two different answers.

1) Who does he think Steve should be with now (note Peggy is dead) and 2) In real life which character would he Chris Evans choose

#963 TalismanRing, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  14. Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

Wait I'm sorry but what kind of priorities do people think publicists have? :funny:

"Grrrr, you picked the wrong love interest! :argh: "

15. onyxrose81 Registered

I'm thinking people still don't realize the MCU and the comics are two completely separate entities at this point and what happens in one doesn't mean it'll happen in the other.

16. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

http://www.alphamagazine.ae/features/chris-evans-is-back-as-captain-america-1.1809824

17. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

18. MarvelMayhem Registered

I have been super impressed with the marketing for this movie as well as the dedication of the actors to promote the film. It appears that they have been enjoying themselves and it makes these junkets fun for fans.

19. Voltron Registered

The point is that it's not necessarily Evans fault. It was the russos who pushed for BW to have a bigger role in TWS.

This is a straw man argument because I never mentioned that, you're putting words in my mouth. I was only referring to that gif where he talks about BW and it came across as fake to me.

Hence when I said "you never know" implying it could've happened, it could not have. Of course Evans has his own opinions, and I can't help but be disappointed because what he said is reflective of how poorly the MCU has handled Sharon and Staron.

Well they are trying to sell this movie and that includes selling the Steve and Sharon relationship and like I said, "you never know". No doubt Evans and Renner got spoken to after they jokingly called BW a ****e where Evans even issued an apology.

20. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

You complained that Evans isn't showing his comic book knowledge like Emily (erroneous in itself) and that he should be doing a better job selling it even he has to lie. So yeah, you are blaming him for not waving the Steve/Sharon banner.

Again your supposition about the publicist making him change his tune makes absolutely no sense. If he was forced to change his tune he'd have been forced into choosing Sharon - which he did not do.

Why do fans insist on imposing their shipping stuff on to actors. This is like the Clintasha, BuckyNat, Romanoger etc fans angry with Ruffalo and even Scarlett for talking at all positively about Brutasha as if they personally offended or betrayed them. Or Stucky fans upset at Chris & Sebastain for saying they think they love each other like brothers. I've read a few angrily calling them homophobic. It's ridiculous.

21. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Arriving at the BBC for an interview

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Chris needs to do a musical

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

23. onyxrose81 Registered

Yes to all of this. At first, I thought it was amusing but it's gotten ridiculous. I think we all know what Steve/Sharon was to each other in the comics. However, I didn't like their relationship in the comics and there is nothing written that says Chris has to be in favor of it either, especially when it doesn't seem to play a part in the MCU. Again, it's ridiculous.

24. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Chris on the weather in Singapore

25. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

London Press Conference: On strained muscles, helicopters & Dr. RDJ

[YT]vkGtJ4rBKUU[/YT]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.