The Winter Soldier Captain America: TWS Cinematography Thread

speno94

Civilian
Reaction score
From the trailer and all the images so far, I'm really impressed with the cinematography. It definitely gives off this 70's political thriller vibe the Russo Brothers are going for.

The film also look like it has a certain grit to it and the Russo Brothers said they want use use a lot more hand-held style filmmaking for the action scenes and use minimal CGI as possible and this could lead to the most visually sophisticated/mature out of all the MCU films yet.

I looked up the cinematographer of this film and it is Trent Opaloch who's only films he worked on are District 9 and Elysium and they are beautiful looking films and Neill Blomkamp also uses a lot of hand-held work in his films like the Russo Brothers want. So it looks like we are in for a pretty good looking film :)

What are your thoughts?

I am also glad they are using less CGI and more Bourne-esque practical effects/fights because in the first Cap film, some of the green screen backgrounds looked very 'obvious' such as the Howard Stark convention at the start of the film and the shots of Tommy Lee Jones and Peggy driving Red Skull's car down the Aircraft run way at the end.

This film though does look like a lot more location shooting than green screen backdrops (even though I understand the first one was a period piece and had to create backgrounds digitally)

I love the look of the movie from the trailer, and the cinematographers history gives me a lot of confidence.

I'm really looking forward to the hand-to-hand combat scenes. Comic book movies of late have been very subpar in that department. I can't remember a single memorable combat scene in the 1st Cap movie or any of the wolverine or batman movies. this is a shame. i hope we get to see some kickass choreography in this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"