Captain Britain Omnibus

Adam3482009

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I love reading anything written by Alan Moore. I think he's a genius.

I'm looking forward to the Captain Britain Omnibus (the comics originally came out in the early '80's but are now hard to find) that's supposed to come out this February.

Here's the Synopsis (as pasted from Amazon):
Product Description
This is one of the Marvel Universe's most staggering sagas from two of Britain's most remarkable writers, reprinted in total for the first time! Captain Britain fights to save a universe...and fails! But a single reality is small change in the game Merlyn's playing against Mad Jim Jaspers, who's rewriting reality so he's the center of the universe! Worlds collide, heroes and villains die, and Captain Britain's beside himself - except when he's fighting himself...to the death!This title is featuring the first appearances of the metamorphic Meggan, Opal Luna Saturnyne, the Captain Britain Corps, and more! Plus, Psylocke joins the X-Men, and the X-Men join Captain Britain on a cosmic quest into the secrets of life and death! The fiendish Fury, the horrific Horde, and the malevolent Mojo are only a few of the adversaries who await within! Also guest-starring the New Mutants and Captain America! This title collects "Marvel Super-Heroes" (UK) Numbered 377-388, "The Daredevils" (UK) Numbered 1-11, "Captain America" Numbered 305-306, "Mighty World of Marvel" (UK) Numbered 7-16, "Captain Britain" (UK) Numbered 1-14, "New Mutants Annual" Numbered 2, and "Uncanny X-Men Annual" Numbered 11.
http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Britain-Moore-Davis-Omnibus/dp/0785137602

17645120.jpg

Last edited:
I can't wait to check it out. This is one of the works by Alan Moore I haven't been able to read. All his other stuff is extraordinary.

I just hope Marvel doesn't decide to keep pushing the date back come February (like what seems to happen with most collected editions in order to build up pre-orders).

Edit:
Hmmm...

There's a huge Alan Moore fan that's posted up all his upcoming works for 2009 (and even beyond). He lists the Captain Britain Omnibus as coming out in March!?

Oh well, this must be the actual cover (the image below is "Cover A"; not sure if the image in my post above is for the back cover or some sort of alternate cover):

GN6237.jpg

This hardcover edition is going to include 680 pgs. according to:
http://glycon.livejournal.com/10446.html (this is the site I mentioned with a list of new Alan Moore stuff coming out).

The first cover is the direct market variant since Marvel likes to give cover options of their hardcover releases.

I've also read a few complaints (don't know much these are true) that in the past Marvel hasn't glued their bindings very well. Hopefully this issue is settled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"