Captain Marvel costume thread

A8nSf7m.jpg
Very nice!

Yeah, color/design-wise, that's very close to what I'd want. But I also really hope they play around with textures/materials to get it (and Mar-Vell's, of course) to seem like a truly alien military uniform.

Something along the lines of her current uniform is what I would like to see.

Captain_Marvel_Right_Portrait_Art.png

Remove the ugly double yellow stripe across her collarbone and the one running down her stomach and you're good to go. I'm not averse to piping and a bit of yellow/gold as a third color could look really good but not the way it's presented on this outfit.

But I like the collar, I like the boots and the emphasis on blue (not a big fan of red here either). And I hatehatehate the mohawk mask.

Though I'll be very surprised if it doesn't end up much like this.

I agree about the one running down her stomach, but I like the one above the star on her chest. It helps prevent it from looking a Star Trek uniform, for starters. It also reminds me of Chevrons for some reason.

Remove the ugly double yellow stripe across her collarbone and the one running down her stomach and you're good to go. I'm not averse to piping and a bit of yellow/gold as a third color could look really good but not the way it's presented on this outfit.

But I like the collar, I like the boots and the emphasis on blue (not a big fan of red here either). And I hatehatehate the mohawk mask.

Though I'll be very surprised if it doesn't end up much like this.

But then it just looks like a Star Trek: DS9/ Star Trek: Voyager uniform, especially if the majority of the jumpsuit is black instead of blue.

If it were just one thin stripe instead of the double one, is what I mean. Someone did a manip a few months ago and it looked a lot better to me. I don't know why it bothers me so much.

Last edited:
And I'm super-frustrated that I can't find that previous discussion with the manip to show you what I'm talking about. Grrr!

So you want Carol to look like every other SHIELD agent or female movie character in a generic dark jumpsuit?
I don't want her to look silly and the bright blue, yellow, red screams of that. That manip above IMO looks ridiculous as if she's a Spidey cosplayer

The point about the Avengers is that their costumes shouldn't all look unified. Some of them can look jarring alongside each other and out of place with the rest of the group. Iron Man's armour doesn't exactly fit in with Cap's US-flag inspired costume, Thor's Asgardian armour or Hulk's green skin. And none of them fit in with the SHIELD agents.
and they don't. Carol with a more subtle color scheme doesn't make her have a unified look with the team bc as you mention they all have differences. Hers isn't reminiscent with anyone elses' and she has her own distinguishing elements like the starburst and sash

Also, the movie Avengers don't work for SHIELD anymore. SHIELD as a giant organisation is disbanded, and the only remaining ones are a renegade group. with a director all the Avengers think is dead. The Avengers are their own organisation now. There is no need for Carol to look like SHIELD.
I haven't watched SHIELD so Im not up on their current status. I am trying to catch up though

We are not still in Bryan Singer's X-Men era with the black leather jumpsuits that are the only thing that make sense for any hero and would be the most practical. Otherwise why not have Iron Man in a black leather jumpsuit too since his armour could easily have thought to have been to garish and silly looking before his movie came out? And in fact people did think Iron Man's armour would look like a walking academy award and would need to be seriously redesigned or its colour scheme changed. Iron Man can just be a metaphorical name to refer to his strength or character or iron will in the face of adversity. :o
yet that's exactly what they did with Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Thor when adapting their onscreen looks. You don't see Hawkeye in his traditional gear, Falcon in red feathered wings, Thor in his classic bright blue and yellow, etc... That stuff wouldn't translate onscreen as well and all had alterations to their looks whether it came to changing their color schemes, or completely changing the costume for a modern interpretation. Ditto on Cap A, who's new costume in TWS looked a heck of a lot better than the bright colorful one from Avengers 1. Iron Man's in armor so its not quite the same as it doesn't look as silly as a grown man in bright spandex would

Last edited:
Captain Marvel's current costume can translate very well to the big screen, and I'd be very surprised if they didn't use it.

Captain Marvel's current costume can translate very well to the big screen, and I'd be very surprised if they didn't use it.

with alterations of course. If its a dark navy instead of bright blue, it would look much better and I think changing her top portion to blue instead of red as well, would make it look a bit more serious. And Id change the star from yellow to white

The red is what makes the costume 'pop' in my opinion. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it helps break up what is otherwise a plan blue costume, save for the logo and gloves/boots.

Mind you, I quite like this design:
loki_vs_ms__marvel_by_keliane-d7gs1qx.png

Keliane on DevinatArt

with a little photoshop, this is what I had more in line with

tTDPfYs.png

Last edited:
As long as they keep the starburst and the sash I don't mind too much what they do, as long as the colour scheme is still there. The sash is what I associate with her visually in the same way other characters have their individual features.

tTDPfYs.png
Make that black a dark blue instead and I'd be on board. I'm sick of black as a "real world" version of these costumes, especially in the MCU when we have such faithful adaptations of Cap and IM's costumes, which are much flashier than Carol's. I know her Warbird look was black, but this isn't even reminiscent of that costume, so the black seems kinda pointless to me.

I would hope DC/WB's Wonder Woman costume would inspire confidence in a comic accurate Ms Marvel costume.Of course,given that they didn't even make Mockingbird's costume have a white stripe on AOS,I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Marvel will continue to be gunshy on any female costume that isn't a black jumpsuit.

Make that black a dark blue instead and I'd be on board. I'm sick of black as a "real world" version of these costumes, especially in the MCU when we have such faithful adaptations of Cap and IM's costumes, which are much flashier than Carol's. I know her Warbird look was black, but this isn't even reminiscent of that costume, so the black seems kinda pointless to me.
That is dark blue

I would hope DC/WB's Wonder Woman costume would inspire confidence in a comic accurate Ms Marvel costume.Of course,given that they didn't even make Mockingbird's costume have a white stripe on AOS,I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Marvel will continue to be gunshy on any female costume that isn't a black jumpsuit.
It's not like WW is a comic accurate version of her look. It isn't even a variation of her iconic star spangled red/white/blue.

They could like this Captain Marvel concept art for inspiration. I really like A, C and D

msmarvel3.JPG

I think C would work the best although I'd get rid of the blue as it doesn't seem necessary. Changed to a yellow or red to match the rest of the look would be better. I could also do without the mask

Last edited:
That is dark blue

It's not like WW is a comic accurate version of her look. It isn't even a variation of her iconic star spangled red/white/blue.

They could like this Captain Marvel concept art for inspiration. I really like A, C and D

msmarvel3.JPG

I think C would work the best although I'd get rid of the blue as it doesn't seem necessary. Changed to a yellow or red to match the rest of the look would be better. I could also do without the mask

I would say C with the lower half of A. I like the red part of the top half of her legs. Also, the black part of her legs is a nod to the thigh high boots but wouldn't actually be boots but simply part of the design of the lower half of her costume where, as you can see, it partly divides her thighs with the inner half being red. I like the top half of D as well.

tTDPfYs.png

Far too close to Steve's suit.

msmarvel3.JPG

Pretty much any of those except E. C & D are the best.

Last edited:
There's only 1 viable option

captain_marvel_by_uncannyknack-d7zb93w.jpg

- Boots much reach the knee

- Dark blue

- LINES!

- emphasis on shoulder pads, I think it looks better in gold than red

- NO MASK!! Unless they manage to make it look good.

I hate Carol and I'm bitter Monica will never get her chance to shine:cmad:, but I'm so happy for her movie. I'll be surprised if they manage to keep her hairstyle consistent :oldrazz:

Going through 4 pages, this is my favorite manip/rendition of the current suit. Hopefully they go with something like this.

I'm well aware, thanks, but that's not going to stop me from taking the piss out of some of the over-the-top reactions from posters who can't even bother to clearly read the post they suddenly find themselves infuriated by.

Wow, I have no idea what post or what poster you're talking about. Did it happen in this thread?

yet that's exactly what they did with Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Thor when adapting their onscreen looks. You don't see Hawkeye in his traditional gear, Falcon in red feathered wings, Thor in his classic bright blue and yellow, etc... That stuff wouldn't translate onscreen as well and all had alterations to their looks whether it came to changing their color schemes, or completely changing the costume for a modern interpretation. Ditto on Cap A, who's new costume in TWS looked a heck of a lot better than the bright colorful one from Avengers 1. Iron Man's in armor so its not quite the same as it doesn't look as silly as a grown man in bright spandex would

Iron Man isn't different because it's armor. Cap's uniform in Avengers and AoU looks fracking boss. It's different because, like for those characters, it flows out of the story. The challenge with Captain Marvel is that there's not a costume that seems to naturally flow out of the story, unless you put Mahr Vehl in the ubergeneric jumpsuit.

You know what, I want. Put Carol in the Ultimate Mahr Vehl costume.

241694-148661-captain-marvel.jpg

That would make me say, yes, she's totally badarse. A lot of these other repaints of a silver age costume don't actually improve on her current design, which is the optimum way to allude to Mar-Vell and keep bits of her 'iconic' Warbird costume with the sash and such.

Another way that would make me not just bang my head against the wall with the silver age genericness of her costume is if the story made that silver age genericness part of the character, integrate it into the Kree mythos, into who Mar-Vell is so when we see her being sort of that generic colorful spandex red and blue costume with a symbol on the chest, we (I) don't think it's an adherence the spirit of the silver age, but carrying on the spirit of Mar-Vell. Not that Mar-Vell should be all 'Gee Whiz, Chum.' But... maybe he should. That would be certainly make him fun.

If you put it in front of someone without a caption,people would still know it's WW.In the case of Ms Marvel,her eventual movie costume will likely be mistaken for BW,Mockingbird,Sif,or any of the other marvel women with generic jumpsuits.

They better make durn shore her ankles is covered up all the way. If 'lil Pete sees something like that he's liable to start spendin all his time out behind the barn agin.

Yeah.Have we learned nothing from WW's costume?

"Bare legs!Stripper!Stripper!":wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"