Cara Delevingne IS Enchantress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now see here sir or ma'am, i am just a humble poster and i have done nothing wrong a'ight? :o

At any rate, I'm done with this discussion. Its not particualrly interesting to me. I think her comment was somewhat hypocritical, but so what? Its not the end of the world.

If actresses don't like the industry, complaining about it on twitter is going to do jack ****. Actresses' quitting in droves or refusing to work, that would change it. But most of them don't feel strongly enough about it to forgo millions of dollars in cash. That's not dismissing their complaint, it is putting it in perspective. Just as they themselves have done.

Trust me, I've spoken out against sexism in the film industry a number of times on these boards.

The burden shouldn't be on women to fix sexism. Women shouldn't have to give up their jobs in order to fix a problem that they themselves did not create.

Anyways, like I said in a previous post, I personally don't have a problem with Enchantress' outfit, it doesn't appear sexualized to me in large part because it's quite gritty/dirty (could they have fully clothed her, absolutely, but I'm not insanely pressed about her look tbh). I'm assuming everyone who visits this particular board is a fan of SS, so here's hoping it turns out to be to your liking.

At any rate, I'm done with this discussion. Its not particualrly interesting to me. I think her comment was somewhat hypocritical, but so what? Its not the end of the world.

Yeah Phanty you need to start preparing for your finals instead of engaging in this discussion, LAWD.

The burden shouldn't be on women to fix sexism. Women shouldn't have to give up their jobs in order to fix a problem that they themselves did not create.

It shouldn't be but that's reality. To think otherwise is naive.

I personally don't have a problem with Enchantress' outfit, it doesn't appear sexualized to me in large part because it's quite gritty/dirty (could they have fully clothed her, absolutely, but I'm not insanely pressed about her look tbh). I'm assuming everyone who visits this particular board is a fan of SS, so here's hoping it turns out to be to your liking.

I think its clearly sexualized, but to me that's different from saying it is sexist. Women can choose to wear sexualized clothing because sexuality isn't necessarily a bad thing...

Sexism would be if the woman was reduced to her sexuality. There's no indication that this is happening in Suicide Squad.

25.gif
I like this design a lot. An ancient evil sorceress indeed. I like the dress and the skin paintings and how unclean and dirty she is. I can see this design fitting her character perfectly in the film. And I think this look is much better than what I've seen in the comics, where she looks like "just another cb character". Her character brings the an opportunity to do something more and creative than taking the appearance right from comic book and we're done. And I'm really glad they've taken this opportunity. Here she looks unique and original, she is instantly recognizable, she does not look like "another thin girl in a super-hero outfit from the other blockbuster", which is very good thing, imo.

009.jpg

Cara spending her time off in a hotel steam room while being creeping is funny.

"Sorry, bit weird!"

I'd love to walk in on her doing creepy **** in a steam room.

She's wearing a veil? I thought all of that what was suppose to be her hair.

At the point where the half moon starts to that back, but then again this is what I heard Randolph say.

I don't mind sexy hypocrisy. lol

She talks smack about WW and then goes up to Gal and takes pics with her, she then shows up in a bikini. TIs' all gravy.

Also, if ya'll go through her insta, it seems like she chose Superman over Batman. :cwink:

She's wearing a veil? I thought all of that what was suppose to be her hair.

Actually, it looks like it could be witch's real hair with scalp she ends up wearing like a wig after possession. I am pretty sure those metal parts that make witch's costume are the only thing that survived through the centuries, given that they are made of metal, while any cloth got decomposed.

This just came to me earlier... Young woman possessed by the soul of an ancient evil sorceress and a ronin with a mystically empowered sword that can trap souls in the same film. That can't be coincidental.

This just came to me earlier... Young woman possessed by the soul of an ancient evil sorceress and a ronin with a mystically empowered sword that can trap souls in the same film. That can't be coincidental.

Oh, crap.

"I'd advise not getting killed by her - her sword traps the souls of its victims."

Are you saying that Cara might... die ?

84803-Man-of-Steel-Superman-screamin-mdLM.gif

I hope you're wrong and that's just a coincident. :woot:

Oh, crap.

"I'd advise not getting killed by her - her sword traps the souls of its victims."

Are you saying that Cara might... die ?

84803-Man-of-Steel-Superman-screamin-mdLM.gif

I hope you're wrong and that's just a coincident. :woot:
Maybe the sword could extract a person's soul with making physical contact with them.
3236353-1376341191234.jpg

Ooh, I like that. I don't really think she'll die, to be honest, but what KRYPTON pointed out makes sense.

Cara specifically singled out how hard it would be to fight in certain costumes in relation to her "sexist" comment.

I doubt Enchantress will be doing much in the way of hand to hand combat.

And I seriously, seriously doubt that Enchantress is anywhere near "sexist" as a character.

Not seeing much in the way of hypocrisy.

As has been pointed out, there's a difference between "sexualized" and "sexist".

Last edited:
As has been pointed out, there's a difference between "sexualized" and "sexist"

Yeah, try to tell that to neo feminists.

I could see that being Waller's plan but maybe Flagg and the others try to find a way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"