Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Is Killer Croc

TheOneWhoKnocks

Civilian
Reaction score
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to Play Killer Croc in WB’s ‘Suicide Squad’
Adewale-Akinnuoye-Agbaje_killer-croc.jpg

After playing dual roles in “Thor: The Dark World,” Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is switching sides and moving from Marvel to DC, as he’s set to play Killer Croc in WB’s “Suicide Squad,” TheWrap has learned.

David Ayer is directing “Suicide Squad,” which is set to star Will Smith as Deadshot, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Jay Hernandez as El Diablo and Jared Leto as The Joker, as TheWrap first reported.

Jesse Eisenberg is also expected to reprise his upcoming role as Lex Luthor, while Scott Eastwood is set to appear in a small role that is rumored to be Wonder Woman’s love interest.

Killer Croc’s real name is Waylon Jones, and the character is among Batman’s rogue’s gallery of supervillains. He has a reptilian appearance and made his first appearance in Batman #357 in March 1983.

“Suicide Squad” reunites Akinnuoye-Agbaje with Smith, as the duo will soon be seen in Ridley Scott’s football drama “Concussion,” in which the “Lost” and “Oz” alum plays NFL veteran Dave Duerson.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje is well known to fans of comic book movies, having played both Algrim the Strong and the villainous Kurse in Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World.” He recently appeared in Sony’s “Annie” remake and will soon be seen on HBO’s “Game of Thrones” and in the Bryan Cranston drama “Trumbo.”

Mr. Eko is Killer Croc? Great. I really want Joker to make the new shoes joke from Arkham Asylum.

This is starting to feel like an X-Men movie...

Judging by the responses, would it be safe to assume that The Wrap is a trustworthy site?

Awesome! Never thought I'd see Croc in live action. And AAA is an awesome actor (Not even going to try and spell his name).

You can't stop the hype train!

Judging by the responses, would it be safe to assume that The Wrap is a trustworthy site?

They're not quite on the level of THR and Variety, but they're still a fairly reliable trade. They first reported Leto was playing the Joker and he were are.

Anyways, CROC!!!!!!!! :awesome:

Now the question; which Croc are we getting? Bouncer type with a mild skin condition as per Bermejo's rendition? Lizard-like as per Lee?

I'm personally hoping for a faithful and more horror-esque adaptation of BTAS:

latest

Muh homie Waylon Jones getting dat live action treatment. Finally....
latest

Wait....so this isn't official yet?
goddamnit

Shooting starts really soon. Like almost 2 weeks. This is probably going to be confirmed within that time frame or the day of filming. Anyways, I'd give more credence to this than if it was from Eh Maybe and Latino-Review.

YES!! Wasn't expecting this, but it's awesome.

Now the question; which Croc are we getting? Bouncer type with a mild skin condition as per Bermejo's rendition? Lizard-like as per Lee?

I'm personally hoping for a faithful and more horror-esque adaptation of BTAS:

latest
And in terms of characterization, if we'll get "Killer" Croc or "Protector" Croc.

I really hope there is a break out of Arkham at the end of this film that leads to Batman having capture many of his rouges in the next solo film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"