• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Carrie remake with... Megan Fox?!

Um, guys, what if the movie is taking place in an opposite world?

Where the beautiful people in our eyes are the ugly ones and the ugly ones are seen as beautiful.

Sometimes you guys have to think about these things before you bash something you havent seen yet. These are PROFESSIONAL Hollywood movie makers people.

They know what theyre doing.

:huh:

And what gave you the impression that they were tackling it this way?

All we have to go on is the basis for the original film and novel. There's no reason to assume that they would take it in some bizarre, reverse society direction unless they come out and say so.

Last edited:
It's based off of a book by Stephen King, so it CAN be remade.

I never said it couldn't be remade. I asked why they feel compelled to remake the movie when the original movie already did a pretty good job of adapting the source material. It feels pointless to revisit material that has already been adapted into film-form twice (yes a remake already exists), unless they're going to put an interesting spin on it, which we all know they're not. That would require, you know, effort.

I love how no one waits for the people planning to make the film to announce who they've cast, or even a list of actresses they'd be interested approaching, before they start complaining.

It's all just talk and speculation on the chance that she is cast.

A. The De Palma original already pretty much nailed it, and the TV movie a few years back was all in good fun. Another adaptation? Unnecessary.

B. Under no circumstance would Fox be a good choice for this role. Not in looks or in acting ability.

C. I've also seen the name Lohan brought up.... Sawyer mad. :cmad:

I'd get behind this if it happened with an R rating.

The New Carrie May Have True Grit

Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld rumored for title role.

June 1, 2011

Teenage actress Hailee Steinfeld, who won an Academy Award nomination last year for her breakthrough role in True Grit, is rumored to be up for title role in Screen Gems' remake of Carrie.

CinemaBlend claims that "that Carrie's producers are eyeing Hailee Steinfeld as a top candidate for the part of the tormented high school girl played by Sissy Spacek in the original. That doesn't mean, of course, that Hailee has it… or even wants it. The script is still being written and they won't make any decisions until it's done, nor are the film's producers likely to confirm which direction they're leaning. For now just consider Hailee as a possibility, a really good kind of possibility."

There were some rather flimsy rumors circulating recently that former Transformers starlet Megan Fox was lobbying for the role, but at 25, she may be too old to play a high school student. Not that that's ever stopped Hollywood before, mind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"