Cast an RPG!

No, that's the same actress from last time as I recall.

Sorry, but after seeing TDKR, anyone other than Anne Hathaway is a step-down in my book. :o :oldrazz:

Even....

VGBFF.jpg

Sorry, but after seeing TDKR, anyone other than Anne Hathaway is a step-down in my book. :o :oldrazz:
Okay, that's fair. But there's no intrigue in copying real casting decisions, so I went for originality. Plus, I :hrt: Cassidy. And just like The Joker must go on after Ledger (admittedly for different circumstances), so too must Selina.

If Bane ever reaches his 60's or 70's, I'm casting Patrick Stewart in the role.

jeanlucpicard.jpg

Not only do I love Stewart, but I also love the in-joke.

Ultimate DC

The Joker: Tom Hiddleston

wBpF7.jpg

Yeah, I went there. The man plays a masterful Loki, and I don't know whether or not he could do an American accent, but goddamn would he kill it as The Joker!

Harley Quinn: Gillian Jacobs

aDKV4.jpg

Harleen Quinzell has thus far been presented as Jason Todd's rational, sane love interest, but the day is coming when she'll find herself a new man, and Gillian Jacobs is absolutely the girl for the job.

Ultimate One Universe
Gotham City

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Dominic Cooper. Everything I've seen from Cooper has really impressed me, and I think he'd be a great choice for Bruce and Batman. His intensity in The Devil's Double was pretty amazing. And he portrayed a rich inventor playboy well in Captain America.

wdc.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth - Malcolm Mcdowell. This version of Alfred is a bit younger, and a bit more of a badass than the normal version of Alfred, closer to the new Earth One version. I think Mcdowell could portray the intensity in the new Alfred, as well as the love he has for Bruce.

malcolm_mcdowell_02.jpg

Lucius Fox -Keith David. I don't know if anyone could be better than Freeman, but I'm a fan of David.

keith-david.jpg

Jim Gordon - Bryan Cranston. Bryan Cranstion. As Jim Gordon. I mean...come on.

bryan.jpg

Barbara Gordon - Kate Mara. Good actress, and looks the part for Babs.

29n9owp.jpg

More from Gotham soon...

Old Man Logan

Logan - Bruce Willis. For the older Logan, I would have to go with Bruce. He looks the part at this point in time, and he's already an action hero.

bruce-willis.jpg

Ultimate DC

Azrael/Jean-Paul Valley: A few years younger version of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and with longer hair.

327-game-of-thrones-nikolaj-coster-waldau-jamie-lannister.jpg

Ultimate One Universe

Wonder Woman/Diana Prince: Lynn Collins

silverfoxfilm.jpg

Though a fairly typical choice now, I wasn't originally sold on the idea of her as Wonder Woman. My prime choice for the role was Gemma Arterton. But after seeing pictures of her in John Carter, I realized that she pretty much is Diana in that film. Thusly, some thinly-veiled logic took hold and I haven't seen anyone other than her since.

Donald Blake: Chris Pine

chrispineatcamparifjanc.jpg

My idea of Donald Blake strays a bit from the comics, in that he's more of a sarcastic loser who's kind of hit a snag in his life, despite being clearly destined to become a hero. Pine played exactly that whenever he played Kirk and he did it well. I'll get around to casting his alter-ego when that bridge is crossed.

Iron Man/Tony Stark: Bradley Cooper

bradleycooper07.jpg

I've always liked Cooper, and thought he was a good choice whenever he was in consideration for Hal in Green Lantern. But since he lost out on that, I figured he deserved a shot at another big superhero. Plus, Cooper's onscreen persona matches Tony pretty much exactly, going off The A-Team and The Hangover. Almost the fratboy, but with something more going on.

James "Rhodey" Rhodes: Common

common300z.jpg

This one was harder to cast. One of my main complaints with the Iron Man films is that I've never felt either actor to play Rhodey actually looked like Rhodey. Howard was a bit too much of a pretty boy and Cheadle seems a bit too skinny for a military man like Rhodes. Common meets the look requirement of someone a little more hard-edged while still being a decent enough actor to pull it off.

Loki Odinson/Laufeyson: Malcolm McDowell/Tom Hiddleston

40411pro.jpg
tomhiddlestontomhiddlesk.jpg

Yes, Tom Hiddleston, but I have a reason why. My idea of Loki is that he's perpetually shape-shifting and kind of a hyper magician who's never comfortable staying in the same form. He's a God, after all, so I thought it'd be fun to have him running around with a different age every time he appeared. In my first post with him, I pictured McDowell. In my second post, Hiddleston. I could have even more actors eventually tagged in, just for the sake of variety.

Oh, and to avoid confusion with Carnage's casting for Alfred, Loki could be just impersonating Alfred for reasons that are never explained. :o

Oh, and to avoid confusion with Carnage's casting for Alfred, Loki could be just impersonating Alfred for reasons that are never explained. :o

That's cool, I was actually meaning to recast Alfred anyway. With the way I'm portraying him, the following guy makes more sense. Dunno why I didn't think of him originally.

Alfred Pennyworth - Timothy Dalton

timothy_dalton_birthday.jpg

Let's bring this old favorite back...

I concur!

DC Year One:

Superman/Clark Kent:Matt Bomer

tumblr_mn6l4xFUJy1sos4mfo1_500.jpg

Dude has got the right look for it, and has the advantage of having played Superman before (albeit in the not-particularly-good Superman Unbound). While Bomer's had a fairly decent career, he's not what I would consider a 'superstar,' which is in keeping with casting a relative unknown as Superman.

Lois Lane: Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Mary+Elizabeth+Winstead+Dresses+Skirts+Little+SUZKJF-tg9il.jpg

Beyond merely being attractive, Lois needs to have a 'take-no-****-from-anyone' attitude to her while still being a likable person. And Winstead brings pretty much all of those things.

Jimmy Olsen: Matt O'Leary

Matt+O+Leary+Premiere+Walt+Disney+Pictures+nS5uSImhjSjl.jpg

Jimmy's a massive nerd who thinks he's the coolest guy in the world. Look at that picture and tell me that's not what's going on there.

Lex Luthor: Y'know what? Screw it, I'm going to go with Jesse Eisenberg

Jesse_Eisenberg_-_La_red_social_-_Madrid_-_2.jpg

The one casting choice out of BvS that pretty much everyone hates so far is actually the one I'm totally okay with. Lex Luthor is a megalomaniacal evil genius, yes, but he wouldn't get anywhere if he looked like a megalomaniacal evil genius, would he? I mean, I love Clancy Brown's Lex as much as the next guy, but I'd never go into business with him, because as soon as he opens his mouth, you just hear "I am obviously a super-villain." Eisenberg's a very good actor, and I think he could do a great job of being a manipulative bastard who's got everyone fooled into thinking he's just a harmless little nerd who only wants to build neat little gadgets for people.

DC: Year One

luke-evans-gives-an-update-on-the-crow-134144-a-1367910189-470-75.jpg

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Luke Evans
It took a while for me to produce this choice because, well, how do you really cast Batman again? I was almost tempted to go with Sebastian Stan, but given he's firmly planted in Marvel as Bucky, I had to find someone else. Evans is someone I managed to come across by accident, and he ended up being very fitting, given he's about to play Dracula in an upcoming film and The Crow in another. The actor playing Bruce needs to have a darker quality to them, like they could become unhinged, and Evans seems to fit both that and the physicality of the role very well.

emmy-hugh-laurie-pap1.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth - Hugh Laurie
My template for Alfred is obviously the Earth One version. Someone very tough and very stern, who's seen enough war and tragedy in his life to never be willing to bend over backwards just to please an amateur like Bruce in his (seemingly) insane crusade. Well, who the bad place in television history fits that bill more than freakin' Gregory House? The man is stern, he can shoot eye-daggers, he walks around on a cane, and as a bonus, his actor's actually British. All he'd have to do is play House with his natural accent and be put in a cave setting. It'd be perfect.

DC: Year One

K38Yh7R.jpg

Samuel "Slam" Bradley- Holt McCallany

A big, physical guy who has convincingly played a boxer and a thug in all kinds of movie. A good actor and intimidating looking. An ideal choice for Slammin' Sammy.

AaronJohnson6.jpg

Barry Allen/The Flash - Aaron Taylor-Johnson
I know, I know. He's Quicksilver. But his turn as Kick-ash shows that he can play the nerdy superhero well, and that's what I'm going with here with Barry

image_zps2047163a.jpg

Iris West - Megan Boone
As I sit here watching The Blacklist, I'm struck how Boone is basically the perfect cop foil for my Flash. Strong, confident, beautiful, and kickass when the time calls for it.

GW309H400.jpg

Grodd - Ron Perlman
I mean...who else?

About time I pulled my finger out and responded in the thread I resuscitated...

Ultimate DC: Year One

Charlie Szasz/Vic Sage/The Question: Dominic West

Dominic-West-011.jpg

Yeah... I know. McNulty. But guy's got just the right amount of crooked and enough charisma to keep him sympathetic even when he acts dickish.

Aristotle Rodor - Sam Waterston

sam-waterston-march-2013-payleyfest-newsroom-5.jpg

Old, kind hearted voice of reason.

AllStar Marvel

Fred Myers/Boomerang - Nash Edgerton

Nash.jpg

Look into those eyes... Look at them! You tell me there's not a god damn killer behind them!

...or a stunt-man-slash-director. Same thing.

Ultimate One Universe - Genesis: Gotham Pt 1

Bruce Wayne/The Batman - Dominic Cooper

normal_dprome37.jpg

Yea, I know he was my choice before, but I'm sticking to my guns. He's already got a taste of the billionaire super heroics as Howard Stark, and if you've seen The Devil's Double you know the guy can turn on the intensity when he needs it. Plus, the guy just has the Bruce Wayne look.

Alfred Pennyworth - Jeremy Irons

havel5.jpg

While I have little problem with Batflek, Jeremy Irons as Alfred is possibly my most anticipated casting DC has done for a movie since Neeson as Ra's.

Lieutenant James Gordon - Bryan Cranston

bryan-cranston-11.jpg

Another one I'm sticking with from before. Cranston can do the melancholy work of the current Gordon, as well as the revitalized Gordon once Batman's fight really starts to take hold.

Oswald Cobblepot - Alan Rickman

AR23.jpg

Penguin in this reality is a coniving, scheming bastard who's really only looking out for himself. Rickman is really good at playing coniving, scheming bastards.

Don Carmine "The Roman" Falcone - John Goodman

john_goodman.jpg

Goodman is possibly at his best when he's playing an evil dude, and he'd be a threatening presence in Gotham's underworld.

I always thought Dominic Cooper would make a better Nightwing than he would a Batman. He seems pretty slight to be Bruce.

With that being said, that might be because the definitive version of Bruce in my mind is square-jawed and heavyset like in Batman: The Animated Series.

Matt Murdock - Garrett Hedlund

MV5_BOTk1_MTI4_Mjk4_NV5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_Ft_ZTcw_ODE0_OTc2_OA.jpg

My version of Murdock doesn't go to college and leave bad place's Kitchen, his father isn't murdered (technically), and as such, despite being a good guy at heart, Matt is left with a lot of rage with little idea where to direct it. Garret Hedlund has definitely made some questionable casting choices over the years, but when he's used well he shows he has some real acting chops. (See: Inside Llewelyn Davis)

"Battlin'" Jack Murdock (Deceased) - Tom Hardy

MV5_BNDYw_ODE0_Mz_A1_OF5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_Ft_ZTgw_NDgx_ODI3_Mj_E.jpg

Jack Murdock is what boxing is all about. Once a promising boxer in his own right, alcoholism brought an abrupt end to Murdock's boxing career. Given a second chance by Ted Grant Murdock rises up from Grant's sparring partner to eventually challenge him. The fight ends tragically when Murdock dies in the ring. Hardy has the raw physicality needed to be Jack Murdock as well as coming across as conflicted enough that one can convincingly imagine Jack having serious demons.

Ted "Wildcat" Grant - Jeff Bridges

MV5_BMTkw_NTQ2_Mjcx_NF5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_Ft_ZTcw_Mzg1_OTg5_Mg.jpg

Ted Grant is getting up there in years, whilst still possessing at least the appearance that he could cause you physical harm if it came down to it. A long and illustrious boxing career comes to an end after he unintentionally kills his good friend Jack Murdock in the ring. He vows to bring Matt up as his own to atone for his sins. Bridges is one of Hollywood's finest living actors and only seems to be getting better as he ages, capable of the joviality and the sense of loss that Ted has.

Franklin "Foggy" Nelson - Richard Sommer

tumblr_n3cyvigkdz1t1xi2ao2_5001.jpg

Best known as Harry Crane in Mad Men, since it's "Ultimate One Universe" I thought I'd find a still of Sommer looking slightly more contemporary and less clean cut than he does as Crane. For the most part Sommer plays stuffy characters and my version of Foggy acts as a constant counterweight to Matt's impulsiveness, so I thought it was a good fit. Foggy is slovenly, absent-minded, and often too cautious for his own good. Sommer was the first actor that came to mind. (Technically it was "Harry Crane", but I think even the most devoted Mad Men fan can forgive me for not knowing the actor's name offhand)

Angela Del Toro - Odette Annable

MV5_BMTI3_Nj_My_Mjcy_OF5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_Ft_ZTcw_ODgz_NTAw_Mg.jpg

Angela Del Toro is Matt Murdock's girlfriend of several years. They live with one another in the apartment that Del Toro mostly owns and Matt contributes what he can to make rent here and there. Angela is an attractive young researcher for The Daily Bugle. Once I settled on Hedlund as Murdock, I needed a younger Del Toro (as I'd initially imagined Rosario Dawson, oblivious to the fact he recently signed on for Marvel's upcoming Daredevil show on Netflix) and Annable meets all the criteria.

Last edited:
Ultimate One Universe - Genesis: Gotham Pt 2

The Riddler/Enigma/Mister Reese - Walton Goggins

119695626_a_p.jpg

Goggins is a pro at playing morally ambiguous characters, and that's my Riddler to a tee. He's a criminal, but when he's dealing with Batman he at least seems like he wants to help.

Katherine Kane - Lauren Cohan

Supernatural2.jpg

Don't know why, but she's the first person who came to mind when I thought about it.

Renee Montoya - Michelle Rodriguez

MV5BMjE0OTcyMjcyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTY.jpg

No other choice, in my opinion.

Harvey Bullock - Denzel Washington

DenzelWashington.jpg

Maybe a bit too much star power for the role, but I think Denzel would be a kickass Bullock.

Harvey Dent - Matt Bomer

e6x4i0.jpg

A good foil to Batman/Bruce. The straight man in Gotham, not the vigilante.

Selina Kyle/Catwoman - Natalie Dormer

natalie.jpg

I know neither Selina nor her alter ego have shown up yet, but Dormer is my choice here. She is the perfect seductress/powerful woman in Game of Thrones, and she'll show off her action chops in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.

Ultimate One Universe - Genesis: Metropolis Pt 1

Clark Kent/Superman - Henry Cavill

Henry-Cavill-Man-of-Steel.jpg

Not an original choice, but I thought Cavill was good in the role, though the script didn't do him many favors.

The Ultra-Humanite - John Hurt

JohnHurt.jpg

Hurt has the gravitas and the ability to portray the Humanite. He's got that intelligence factor that can show the extreme IQ of the former villain as well as the warmth to show his desire to help the world he once tried to conquer.

G. Gordon Godfrey - Stephen Colbert

normal_stephen-colbert-interview-af.jpg

No one plays the loud mouth a-hole like Colbert. Sure he does it as a satire on his show, but there's no reason he can't do the same thing with a more straight delivery for Godfrey.

Whilst working on a Helena post in Ultimate I decided to come up with visualizations after reading this thread to which I came up with:

Linda Cardellini as… Helena Bertinelli

Zachary Quinto as… Tony Angelo – The former bodyguard of Helena’s during her teenaged years and one of the men who trained her in martial arts/self-defense. He is a student of Richard Dragon and a (currently distant) friend of Ben Turner.

Al Pacino as… Franco Bertinelli – Helena’s father.

Joe Piscopo as... Carlton Duquesne – Introduced to the Bertinelli Crime Family in late eighties who initially operated as an everyman for the family’s desire for subtlety. Since then he has climbed the ranks of the family and operates as a sub-boss.

Alexandra Daddario as… Kathleen “Kath” Duquesne – Childhood friend of Helena Bertinelli and the daughter of Carlton Duquesne. She is currently a student at Gotham University as she majors in art studies.

Milo Ventimiglia as… Santo Cassamento – The Bertinelli Family's de-facto enforcer currently.

Paul Giamatti as… Stefano Mandragora – A ruthless mob boss who operates as an advisor and consigliere of Salvatore Maroni. He is the man who ordered/hired the man to kill the Bertinelli’s and inspire a mob war between the Falcones and Bertinelli’s to increase Maroni’s power in the criminal playground of Gotham.

Jon Polito as... Claudio Panessa – Helena's uncle through her mother and a member of the Bertinelli Crime Family.

Lisa Kudrow as… Dr. Evelyn Rosen – A psychologist and therapist who works out of Arkham Asylum. Her relationship towards Helena is that of a doctor to patient.

Brie Larson as… Jessica Sharp – A friend of Helena's that she met during her time at Brentwood Academy and an aspiring journalist who idolizes Victoria Vale and Cat Grant.

Jeffrey Donovan as… Dr. Bradford Thorne – A close friend of Helena’s and the son of Matthew Thorne. He is an accomplished surgeon at Gotham General Hospital who follows in his father’s shoes as the medical advisor for the family though has done so discreetly without notice of opposing mobs. His uncle is Rupert Thorne—a career banker who also owns several businesses in Gotham as well as a criminal connection for the family.

Stanley Tucci as… Salvatore Valestra – The second-in-command after Franco Bertinelli of the family. Described as a cowardly (or cautious) man.

I might go into the why's with an edit, but I have some post progression to think about.

I do admit Linda is getting along in the years so it'd take some makeup to make her look appropriately in her twenties.

Last edited:
Rise of Marvels: Captain America pt 1

Stephanie Carter/Captain America - Jennifer Lawrence

hb-jenniferlawrence-110412-AkrqvV-mdn.jpg

Yes, this is 100% not a surprising answer, and is probably as stereotypical as one can get with casting, but sometimes the most obvious choice is the best choice. Lawrence represents what I'm looking for in my Cap. She's strong, talented, has great emotional range, and has shown through her time with the X-Men series and the Hunger Games she can do action damn well. Her time as Mystique could be problematic, but Evans himself came from another comic book series before taking up the shield, so I don't see why she couldn't do the same.

The Falcon/Sam Wilson - Michael B. Jordan

0902-michael-b-jordan_sm.jpg

Yea, yea. Another actor that will soon be portraying another comic book character soon. But considering I see the new Fantastic Four going over like a lead balloon, I think Jordan will be free. He's a great actor, and would have the ability to portray some of the finer details I haven't even got close to revealing for Sam Wilson in this game.

Nick Fury - Tom Cruise

TomCruiseDec08MTV.jpg

Hey! Someone who hasn't portrayed a comic book character! (Shut up I know Edge of Tomorrow was based on a graphic novel)

Cruise is a great spy. Throw an eye patch on him and some grey in his hair, and Cruise would kick butt as Fury.

Sharon Carter - Lucy Lawless

LUCYLAWLESS.jpg

Who else to play Captain America's badA, CIA agent mother?

The Red Skull - Kevin Spacey

My version of Red Skull, based on our dear, lost Johnny Blaze's vision, is basically a neo nazi Frank Underwood. Who better to take that role than the man himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"