Homecoming Cast & Discuss the Iconic Redhead: Mary Jane Watson

marijuanawatson

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

I think this forum is way past due for an updated, new, and improved Mary Jane casting/discussion thread & poll. Talk about an ancient artifact!!

So, that's exactly what I want this thread to be. Go on and pluck your very own ideal version of MJ from the plethora of young actresses for the new Homecoming franchise!

Discussion points/criteria/things to remember, etc, etc...

• Cast MJ for Spider-Man: Homecoming sequels
  • Actress should be able to act, be roughly in the same age
    range as Tom, semi fit the mj persona, and be attractive/look like MJ
    (however, whatever floats your boat. be free!)
  • Should Zendaya be Mary Jane?
  • Should MJ be a woman of color?
  • Should she pop in high school or college?
  • Who would you have cast as MJ for Raimi's and Webb's films, respectively?
  • Does MJ have to be a redhead?
  • Will Mary Jane even appear at all in this franchise?
  • What are some key elements from MJ's character/personality, her storylines, her appearance, her life, friends, etc.
    and her relationship with Peter and his supporting cast do you want to see portrayed on screen and how?
  • What should be avoided when it comes to her character? And what should be added/updated?
  • How should her first introduction be handled?

Face it tigers, this had to happen eventually. Go get em!

ads_ha10.jpg

P.S., as the suggestions for actresses float in and out , the poll will edited.

Last edited:
You are in the denial stage. There will be no Mary Jane Watson in this universe.

I want Ellen Wong. Amazing in Glow and Scott Pilgrim. Jackpot.

To start off the crazy, here's the list of actresses who aren't on the poll yet but are soon to be. Maybe. To be continued....

Annalise Basso
Auli'i Cravalho
Haley Lu Richardson
Katherine Langford
Alisha Boe
Alycia Debnam Carey
Becky G (Rebbeca Gomez)
Dove Cameron
Camila Mendes
Lili Reinhart
Yara Shahidi
Liza Soberano
Nicola Peltz
Amandla Stenberg

Mary Jane should look and act basically like she does in the comics (otherwise what's the point?)

Look guys, Zendaya was obviously supposed to be MJ and the higher-ups are backpedaling now because of fan reaction. I do not think we'll see her OR Gwen Stacy until AT LEAST the third film. For either of these, I don't really care who is casted as long as they do the role well. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they avoid these characters entirely. They seem to have little respect for Peter's supporting cast in general and that is part of why the movie felt so fresh.

Yeah..........she's not popping up any time soon. At least not in the HS trilogy. Zendaya is the 'MJ' we're getting like it or not

After seeing HC, I frankly don't want to see Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, or frankly ,the Osborns/Goblin Saga at this point. Let's focus on the newer characters like Ned, Michelle, and the rest of Peter's classmates, and lets focus on potential new love interests as opposed to rushing into Raimi and Webb ground again.

Let the story breathe a little before jumping head first into Mary Jane Watson. That's my view.

real MJ is a must for me. i'm fine with michelle being his first LI if that's the route they're taking, but if we never get mary jane watson... then there's no way this can be a definitive adaptation. imo, of course.

that being said, hailee is my choice.

As much as I would love to see her, I have a feeling Mary Jane Watson won't be in this series. If she were introduced, I can see people throwing fits about racism — especially since Zendaya has already been advertised as this series' "MJ" to the average moviegoer. Fiege is smarter than that.

I would like to see Katherine McNamara in the role.

rm3529849088

As much as I would love to see her, I have a feeling Mary Jane Watson won't be in this series. If she were introduced, I can see people throwing fits about racism — especially since Zendaya has already been advertised as this series' "MJ" to the average moviegoer. Fiege is smarter than that.

shrugs

I am multiracial, and I would love to see Mary Jane in the movies.
I am not fan of Zendaya MJ.

If people throw fits about racism over it, then they have issues.
Mary Jane is too iconic to be replaced by Zendaya MJ.

Regardless if Zendaya is or isn't MJ, "Mary Jane" is not going to show up in the movies. Zendaya is being set up as the love interest and there not going to dump her to bring in the "real MJ".

I think we will get both Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy eventually. But not sure if in the first MCU trilogy. I can definitely see Holland playing Spidey for at least two trilogies, if not more.

I really like Zendaya's Michelle but with Harrier's Liz leaving, I think Betty will come to the forefront with her. But maybe there's room for Mary Jane, so who knows?

This Youtube girl who does cosplay makeup guides

I'm more than fine with Zendaya being this series MJ. She was boldly entertaining in Homecoming. I have confidence that she can be set up as an unconventionnal love interest and become a great take on MJ down the line, a take that goes beyond the traditionnal limitations associated with these types of characters.

And then again, I feel like if they intended Zendaya to be MJ, and then backpedaled in the face of alleged fan outrage, they would have cut the MJ line from the movie, plain and simple. For all intents and purposes she IS MJ in these series, maybe it's time to deal with it and move on.

Last edited:
This thread needs to die, because Mary Jane won't be appearing in these films. Accept it.

Last edited:
You are in the denial stage. There will be no Mary Jane Watson in this universe.

As sad as it is for me to admit, I have to agree with this.

Unless something comes up down the line, Mary Jane as we know her ain't popping up in the MCU. Just accept it, guys.

Nah, she'll appear later on.

. . . in a movie where reality goes sproing, and we see the alternate timeline where Miles Morales is Spider-man, and his love interest MJ. *eg*

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"