Homecoming Will Mary Jane be featured in the new movies at all?

dkamphaus43

Civilian
Reaction score
As some people here may or may not know, I've had a feeling for a while now that Mary Jane might not be featured in these new movies at all. Of course nobody knows anything for certain at this time, and word has it that both Kevin Feige and Tom Holland are big fans of the character, so that could very well help in making her appear eventually.

But on the other hand, I've kind of gotten the impression that this new character being played by Zendaya is being set up to become the new love interest (they've said that her part will become more important in later installments) and movie franchises have been known to change things during new incarnations in order to differentiate them from the previous ones, so that could be another reason why she may not end up appearing.

Now again, I don't know anything for sure and neither does anybody else who isn't involved with the production, so I thought I'd do a poll and see what everybody else thinks about whether she will or won't show up in future films.

I think so but I guess it depends on how many movies they do. If they eventually move Peter to college, I think she will surely appear

I think Zendaya's character will be Peter's love interest for all the future Holland SPM movies, and in case she's NOT MJ it's hard to imagine MJ will be introduced NOT as a love interest.

So I guess if Z's character is not MJ then MJ won't appear.

I just hope if/when she appears she's not some amalgamation of other characters like some of the HS cast has been

I just hope if/when she appears she's not some amalgamation of other characters like some of the HS cast has been

I personally think that would be worse than not featuring her at all.

MJ is being teased/alluded to in Homecoming so I'm gonna say yes.

Last edited:
what if her character is introduced but, she doesn't actually meet Peter, yet... like, they keep having these just missed each other moments

then maybe set up the "face it tiger..." scene as like the last shot of the third movie

Last edited:

Doesn't necessarily mean she's going to show up. I mean let's not forget, the comics division has always done crap like that only for it to never go anywhere.

Exactly. Marvel wouldn't tease her and not bringing her at some point.

And I really don't understand why so many people think Zendaya is going to be the main LI of the trilogy.

Peter/Michelle dating could definitely happens but Liz/Peter also had a thing and Liz was not the main LI of the serie either. Let's not forget that Betty and Cindy are also here.

If Zendaya is indeed the daughter of Toomes then I see more of a Harry/Peter relationship happening.

Whose playing the so called red head in the film? if its a bit part actress or extra then don't expect it to come to anything but a cameo wink.

She might appear in the 3rd movie but i suspect they don't have a current plan for her.

And I really don't understand why so many people think Zendaya is going to be the main LI of the trilogy

Probably because she was casted so early, she had a screen test with him, her role has been said to be expanded on in future movies, and she's hinted to have a crush on Peter from various promotional material. Liz is a senior, meaning after Homecoming she's likely to graduate and leave Peter behind, leaving room for 'Michelle' to take over as the new love interest.

With Marvel's Harry Potter-esque plan for Spider-Man in the MCU, it's understandable if they give Peter a different love interest for the HS trilogy and maybe have MJ become his more prominent love interest afterwards (probably in college)

Whose playing the so called red head in the film? if its a bit part actress or extra then don't expect it to come to anything but a cameo wink.

Pretty much everyone is aware that the stunt is gonna be a wink at MJ at best. Why would we expect more than a cameo when we don't even have an actress for MJ.

If she's not Michelle(which I still think she could be), she would show up somewhere down the line. Whatever happens, I truly doubt we would have another ASM situation. Mary Jane will be in the MCU sooner or later.

Big definitely. Either she is zendaya or some girl we don't know

Probably because she was casted so early, she had a screen test with him, her role has been said to be expanded on in future movies, and she's hinted to have a crush on Peter from various promotional material. Liz is a senior, meaning after Homecoming she's likely to graduate and leave Peter behind, leaving room for 'Michelle' to take over as the new love interest.

With Marvel's Harry Potter-esque plan for Spider-Man in the MCU, it's understandable if they give Peter a different love interest for the HS trilogy and maybe have MJ become his more prominent love interest afterwards (probably in college)

If she does appear, I hope they wouldn't wait that long.

If Michelle is going to be a love interest to Peter and if they are really good together, I'd rather have them stay together for the whole saga, instead of arbitrarily breaking them up just so that Peter can be with canonical girlfriend. I love 616 Mary Jane, but the flow of the story is more important to me than faithfulness to the comics.

If Michelle is going to be a love interest to Peter and if they are really good together, I'd rather have them stay together for the whole saga, instead of arbitrarily breaking them up just so that Peter can be with canonical girlfriend. I love 616 Mary Jane, but the flow of the story is more important to me than faithfulness to the comics.

Y'know I wonder, maybe Michelle's character is going to play the role of Gwen in these movies due to the fact that they've already used Gwen in the other movies?

Y'know I wonder, maybe Michelle's character is going to play the role of Gwen in these movies due to the fact that they've already used Gwen in the other movies?

Yeah Michelle reminds me of Gwen in Spectacular and Ultimate!Kate and both of them ended up being Peter and Miles GF. I don't think they will kill her off.

If there are indeed 2 trilogies, then I don't mind Betty or Michelle being the love interest during his HS years. As long as MJ is teased and appears in the second or third movie :woot:.

I think the sequel will likely need to course correct when it comes to supporting characters and not just MJ. I would hope that Peter could move back to his old school where the more recognisable supporting characters like Harry, Gwen and MJ are. I hope at least this new trilogy doesn't just skip over Spidey's supporting cast in a blind 'new is better' approach.

Right now I'm voting no. Marvel may use her down the line but right now I don't see them bothering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"