Sequels Cast the new movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rihanna has a great look for Storm. I don't know about her acting abilities, but the look is perfect IMO (in a couple years, as I said).

Carrie Underwood can play a character with attitude. Just check out her "Before He Cheats" video. She has a good look for Rogue, and she could probably manage a southern accent. :oldrazz:

Maggie Q, I chose because I love her fighting style - I think she'd be great in Mystique's action scenes. Plus, she's a good actress outside the action scenes, as well, especially with dark characters - which, of course, Mystique is.

Rhianna would look like the spitting image of Storm, allthough I am sure she can't act.

If you dont know they're acting ability, why suggest them? We're talking about a movie not a photoshoot.
Ever heard of a screen test? If you know of someone who has the perfect look for a certain role, but you have no idea what her acting abilities are, there are ways to find out. If it turned out she didn't have the acting skills to pull it off, then of course someone else should be chosen, but I think Rihanna definitely should be considered for the role should they do a reboot down the road.

Besides, this whole topic is fantasy - why not have a little fun with the "what-ifs" and the visuals? ;) I just downloaded some photo manipulation software, and I wanted to show it off a little! lol

Catherine Zeta-Jones as Scarlet Witch:

catherine1ss3.jpg

Ever heard of a screen test? If you know of someone who has the perfect look for a certain role, but you have no idea what her acting abilities are, there are ways to find out. If it turned out she didn't have the acting skills to pull it off, then of course someone else should be chosen, but I think Rihanna definitely should be considered for the role should they do a reboot down the road.

Have they screen tested for you? Your on a message board, the basic concept of which is too debate/discuss. As far as Rihanna and Carrie Underwood theres absolutely nothing to discuss. They arnt actors. Why find someone with no acting ability because of a passing resemblance when theres plenty of actors who have both look and proven talent. Plenty of people around here have put some actual though into they're casting suggestions.

Besides, this whole topic is fantasy - why not have a little fun with the "what-ifs" and the visuals? ;) I just downloaded some photo manipulation software, and I wanted to show it off a little! lol

It may be fantasy and just visuals but they're are actual actors you could have used.

Have they screen tested for you? Your on a message board, the basic concept of which is too debate/discuss. As far as Rihanna and Carrie Underwood theres absolutely nothing to discuss. They arnt actors. Why find someone with no acting ability because of a passing resemblance when theres plenty of actors who have both look and proven talent. Plenty of people around here have put some actual though into they're casting suggestions.
Sorry I thought outside the box and didn't adhere to your casting rules as you'd like. I guess Will Smith, Mark Wahlberg, Queen Latifah, Ice T, Ice Cube, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Trace Atkins, LL Cool J, Mandy Moore, etc. had better get out of the acting business.

It may be fantasy and just visuals but they're are actual actors you could have used.
Gotcha. :cwink:

Rhianna would look like the spitting image of Storm, allthough I am sure she can't act.

Rihanna wouldnt sound like Storm we would get some weird ass accent. Shesfrom Barbados and already has a thick acccent i doubt she could pull of an african one. We went down that road of she looks the part type casting with Halle Berry and that turned out not so good. If Rihanna wanted to dress up as Strom for halloween i wouldnt be opposed but she is definitely no Storm in my book. I will be posting a reboot of my cast ideas soon.

Sorry I thought outside the box and didn't adhere to your casting rules as you'd like. I guess Will Smith, Mark Wahlberg, Queen Latifah, Ice T, Ice Cube, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Trace Atkins, LL Cool J, Mandy Moore, etc. had better get out of the acting business.

Why should they get out of the acting business? They have proven themselves to some extent except Mandy Moore. She should definitely get out of the game. How are they similar? Because they were once music performers. These people are also accomplished and experienced actors who must have wowed a casting director, but they arnt going to come to the board and give us one. You might as well have chosen 2 women at random if your going to pick Rihanna or Underwood.

Last edited:
Professor X- Patrick Stewart
Cyclops- James Marsden
Jean Grey/Pheonix- Famke Janssen
Storm- Gina Torres
Gambit- Ian Somerhalder
Rogue- Eliza Dushku
Wolverine- Hugh Jackman
Beast- Kelsey Grammer
Nightcrawler- Joseph Gordon Levitt
Emma Frost- Julie Benz
Havok-Ryan Phillipe
Iceman- Jensen Ackles
Colossus-UNDECIDED
Kitty Pride/Shadowcat- Summer Glau
Jubilee- Brenda Song
Angel- Jude Law
Banshee-Mark Walhberg
Bishop- Morris Chesnut
Magneto- Ian McKelen
Quicksilver-Christian Campbell
Scarlet Witch- Neve Campbell
Mystique- Rebbeca Romajin Stamos
Pyro- Sean William Scott
Sabertooth- Gerard Butler
Toad- Ray Park
Avalanche-Taylor Kitsch
Juggernaut- Vinnie Jones
The Blob- Kevin Durand
Lady Deathstrike- Kelly Hu
Bastion-Julian Mcmahon
Polaris- Charisma Carpenter
Marrow- Rosario Dawson
Callisto- Michelle Rodriguez
Apocalypse- Laurence Fishburne
Deadpool- Ryan Renolds
Stacy X-Dania Ramirez
Chamber-Jonathan Rhys Myers
Cable-Kurt Russell
Siryn- Christina Hendricks
Forge-UNDECIDED
Magma- UNDECIDED
Banshee-UNDECIDED
Wolfsbane-UNDECIDED
Dazzler-UNDECIDED
Illyana Rasputin-UNDECIDED
Omega Red-UNDECIDED
Sinister-UNDECIDED
Multiple Man-UNDECIDED
Northstar-UNDECIDED
Aurora-UNDECIDED

Screw it. I don't care how old the woman is. She looks great, and, after seeing her on ER, I still think Angela Bassett would make an awesome Storm.

Screw it. I don't care how old the woman is. She looks great, and, after seeing her on ER, I still think Angela Bassett would make an awesome Storm.

Angela is a good choice better than Rihanna thats for damn sure and is probably my second choice, but if push came to shove Gina Torres is more experienced in the Sci-Fi genre and shes pulled off an African accent well enough to make me believe she can do it.

ginatorres03up5.jpg

Gina_torres_firefly_promo_xvncR5A_527.jpg

Why should they get out of the acting business? They have proven themselves to some extent except Mandy Moore. She should definitely get out of the game. How are they similar? Because they were once music performers. These people are also accomplished and experienced actors who must have wowed a casting director, but they arnt going to come to the board and give us one. You might as well have chosen 2 women at random if your going to pick Rihanna or Underwood.
I knew that someone would bash Mandy Moore, lol. They're similar because until they got that first role that made them actors, they were "just musicians," too. Many casting directors have at least a little bit of an open mind in that they allow people who haven't already proven themselves, a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise, the people I listed would have never had a chance to show what turned out to be their greatest talents (you have to admit, at least, that Mandy Moore's acting is better than her singing, lol).

I knew that someone would bash Mandy Moore, lol. They're similar because until they got that first role that made them actors, they were "just musicians," too. Many casting directors have at least a little bit of an open mind in that they allow people who haven't already proven themselves, a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise, the people I listed would have never had a chance to show what turned out to be their greatest talents (you have to admit, at least, that Mandy Moore's acting is better than her singing, lol).

Thats great for casting directors. But you do not have the same situation on a message board, so I cant possibly see how someone could suggest someone without knowing their capabilites.

Cyclops- James Marsden
Storm- Gina Torres
Gambit- Ian Somerhalder
Rogue- Eliza Dushku
Wolverine- Hugh Jackman
Beast- Kelsey Grammer
Emma Frost- Julie Benz
Havok-Ryan Phillipe
Iceman- Jensen Ackles
Colossus-UNDECIDED
Jubilee- Brenda Song
Angel- Jude Law
Banshee-Mark Walhberg
Bishop- Morris Chesnut
Magneto- Ian McKelen
Pyro- Sean William Scott
Toad- Ray Park
Avalanche-Taylor Kitsch
Juggernaut- Vinnie Jones
The Blob- Kevin Durand
Bastion-Julian Mcmahon
Marrow- Rosario Dawson
Deadpool- Ryan Renolds
Stacy X-Dania Ramirez
Cable-Kurt Russell
Forge-UNDECIDED
Magma- UNDECIDED
Banshee-UNDECIDED
Wolfsbane-UNDECIDED
Dazzler-UNDECIDED
Omega Red-UNDECIDED
Sinister-UNDECIDED
Multiple Man-UNDECIDED
Northstar-UNDECIDED
Aurora-UNDECIDED
what do you guys think of my cast list?

Was the undecided necessary?

The bold I agree with 100%

The original casting is good but I have been doing so based on reboot and I doubt any of them would return.

Your Emma, Storm, Kitty, Pyro choices could work, Bishop might.

Walhberg as Banshee is such a crazy choice, and not so crazy it just mioght work kinda way

Cyclops- James Marsden
Storm- Gina Torres
Gambit- Ian Somerhalder
Rogue- Eliza Dushku
Wolverine- Hugh Jackman
Beast- Kelsey Grammer
Emma Frost- Julie Benz
Havok-Ryan Phillipe
Iceman- Jensen Ackles
Colossus-UNDECIDED
Jubilee- Brenda Song
Angel- Jude Law
Banshee-Mark Walhberg
Bishop- Morris Chesnut
Magneto- Ian McKelen

Pyro- Sean William Scott
Toad- Ray Park
Avalanche-Taylor Kitsch
Juggernaut- Vinnie Jones
The Blob- Kevin Durand
Bastion-Julian Mcmahon
Marrow- Rosario Dawson
Deadpool- Ryan Renolds
Stacy X-Dania Ramirez
Cable-Kurt Russell
Forge-UNDECIDED
Magma- UNDECIDED
Banshee-UNDECIDED
Wolfsbane-UNDECIDED
Dazzler-UNDECIDED
Omega Red-UNDECIDED
Sinister-UNDECIDED
Multiple Man-UNDECIDED
Northstar-UNDECIDED
Aurora-UNDECIDED
The bold ones are good choices. I had most of the cast in a reboot figured out, but I couldn't think of anyone to play Pyro. I love the idea of Sean William Scott!

hit the arrow for X-Men part 1

X-Men part 2
xmen2nq4.jpg

Magneto- Rutger Hauer
Graydon Creed- Ray Liotta
Omega Red- Vladimir Kulich
Toad- Michael Pitt
Avalanche- Michael Marsden
Mimic- Dominic Purcell
Bastian- Udo Kier
Mystique- Rose McGowan
Stacy X- Ashley Scott
X-Man- Ben Barnes
Bishop- Shemar Moore
Wither- Jamie Bell (i know I casted him older)
Hellion- Justin Chatwin (I know i casted him older)
Northstar- Olivier Martinez
Beast- Scott Patterson
Warpath- Mark Dacascos
Gateway- Robert Guillaume
Blaquesmith- Doug Jones
Sebastian Shaw- Michael Ironsides
Pyro- Robert Pattinson
Rictor- Santiago Cabrera
Corsair- Timothy Dalton
Penance/Hollow- Summer Glau
Mastermind- Jonathan Pryce

X-Men part 2
xmen2nq4.jpg

Magneto- Rutger Hauer
Graydon Creed- Ray Liotta
Omega Red- Vladimir Kulich
Toad- Michael Pitt
Avalanche- Michael Marsden
Mimic- Dominic Purcell
Bastian- Udo Kier
Mystique- Rose McGowan
Stacy X- Ashley Scott
X-Man- Ben Barnes
Bishop- Shemar Moore
Wither- Jamie Bell (i know I casted him older)
Hellion- Justin Chatwin (I know i casted him older)
Northstar- Olivier Martinez
Beast- Scott Patterson
Warpath- Mark Dacascos
Gateway- Robert Guillaume
Blaquesmith- Doug Jones
Sebastian Shaw- Michael Ironsides
Pyro- Robert Pattinson
Rictor- Santiago Cabrera
Corsair- Timothy Dalton
Penance/Hollow- Summer Glau
Mastermind- Jonathan Pryce

Why does everyone see Rose Mcgowan as Mystique. She really cant act all that great. Her delivery comes out forced and awkward.

I thought about Shemar but i thought morris Chesnut looked like him a little bit more.

Its funny because it took me a while to come up with Michelle Rodriguez for Callisto. but once you see it it seems so obvious

Why does everyone see Rose Mcgowan as Mystique. She really cant act all that great. Her delivery comes out forced and awkward.

I dunno. I liked her in Grindhouse. She was badass and sexy. Mytique is bad ass and sexy. I thought she was funny in Grindhouse, with different writing it could come off flirtacious and/or arrogant just like Mystique does.

I thought about Shemar but i thought morris Chesnut looked like him a little bit more.

I dont really like Chestnut that much. HEs pretty good and got a great look for Bishop but so does Shemar and i think hes pretty impressive on Criminal Minds (when I actually catch it)

Its funny because it took me a while to come up with Michelle Rodriguez for Callisto. but once you see it it seems so obvious

She was actually was the name I kept coming back to but was unsure about so I kept looking for a better one but now Im pretty confident in Rodriguez.

I dunno. I liked her in Grindhouse. She was badass and sexy. Mytique is bad ass and sexy. I thought she was funny in Grindhouse, with different writing it could come off flirtacious and/or arrogant just like Mystique does.

Aside from that its just her voice its not deep and alluring enough and i dont think she could pull it off. but meh. i like a majority of your casting though.

Aside from that its just her voice its not deep and alluring enough and i dont think she could pull it off. but meh. i like a majority of your casting though.

Third and final (mostly because I am out of ideas) set
xmen3qu9.jpg

Colossus- Kellan Lutz (but height is an issue)
Shadowcat- Amanda Bynes
Rogue- Evan Rachel Wood
Gambit- Peter Facinelli
Dazzler- Samaire Armstrong
Jubilee- Julia Ling
Aurora- Audrey Tatou
Pyslocke- Maggie Q (shes still in Kwannons body right?)
Sage- Carrie-Anne Moss
Sabra- Bahar Soomekh
Senator Kelly- Stephen Weber
Rev William Stryker- David Morse
Matthew Risman- Max Martini
Jefferson Pierce- William Fichtner
Exodus- Lambert Wilson
Dr. Cornelius- William Peterson
Malcolm Colcord- Gary Cole
Fantomex- Clive Owen
Bret Jackson- Dylan Moran
John Sublime- Tim Matheson
Lady Deathstrike- Tia Carrere
Arcade- Brad Dourif
Blob- Ethan Supplee
Walter Langowski- Matthew Modine
Karima- Sheetal Sheth

I like your choice for Rogue, shes an awesome actress.

I liked most of the casting, but if you want a reboot in a couple years, here is my cast:

I'm still working on several haracters, but here are a few:

Marie D'Ancanto/Rogue - Carrie Underwood

carrie1ej4.jpg

carrie2xb8.jpg

Ororo Munroe/Storm - Rihanna

rihanna1ng3.jpg

rihanna2an4.jpg

rihanna6sc5.jpg
I got a crazy suggestion, how about we cast actual actors?:wow: Crazy, I know.

:p in all seriousness though, no. Carrie could probably work for dazzler or somethin,g nothing else. And maggie would make a much better psylocke, i just couldnt picture an asian actress as mystique.

And maggie would make a much better psylocke, i just couldnt picture an asian actress as mystique.
You know what? You're probably right. I think I'll find someone else for Mystique. Who do you like for the role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"