Cast Zarana even though she's not in the film

echostation

Superhero
Reaction score
Which actress would make for the best Zarana... the buff, tough strong, ass kicking chameleon Dreadnok?

This character at least to me quite possibly is the toughest of the female characters in the GI Joe world... I remember a comic issue I had where she jumped on two other Dreadnoks and completely beat em down with help from another Dreadnok...

Ideal choice? I think Keira Knightley would be perfect but impossible to get. Instead, what do you think of Taryn Manning? Apparently, she does kickboxing, Tae Bo and Karate, and was a former state champ in Karate. Plus, her tendency to play 'trashy-looking' characters lends well towards looking like Zarana, no?

taryn-manning-picture-1.jpg

Hey That is spot on casting... she looks tough, gorgeous and has that trashy sorta look she could pull off on Zarana totally!

Great choice there!!!

Juliette Lewis?
JulietteLewis_N.jpg

Rosario Dawson? If any character could be a different race it is one of the dreadknocks.
SinCityBoccaPoster.jpg

Neve Campbell?
wthings_campbell.jpg

And if directed properly...

Julia Stiles?

I think Julia Stiles mad, pissed-off, and yelling would give audiences a handful.

Just remembered of an alternative who's a pretty good fit, at least from the looks department. What do you all think about Kate Nauta? She's the girl from Transporter 2.

protectedimage.php
3686449_gal.jpg

All fantastic choices so far!!! What about Zoe Bell?? I could be very far off on this one but I think she'd be great... she's got a thick build, is pretty strong, can do some crazy kick ass moves and isn't she aussie?

Zoe-Bell-and-Jeannie-Epper-ComicCon-2004.jpg

she did do Aeon Flux... plus she's defn got the physique for it

I cant beleive some of the chocies...Zoe Bell? No way!!

Manning? Even worse!!!

Those are choices that Sommers would make....terrible ones.

The best choices for Zarana (in a well made G.I. Joe flick) would be either

Kate Nauta or Pink.

Pink is the PERFECT choice!
74603.jpg
zarana.gif

Unless they get Gwen Stefani.​
gsfmain2.jpg

The only problem is due to practicality. Pink and Gwen Stefani are probably expensive to hire (given their fame) but have limited exposure to acting. So, hiring them might be a 'waste' of money since Zarana would likely be a very side character (cost vs benefit issue).

The only problem is due to practicality. Pink and Gwen Stefani are probably expensive to hire (given their fame) but have limited exposure to acting. So, hiring them might be a 'waste' of money since Zarana would likely be a very side character (cost vs benefit issue).

Yeah, a little known actress would probably be best.

Gwen could never pull off Zarana becasue she dosen't have that crazy badass attitude Pink has. Also Pink has been trying to get into films for YEARS from her as Janis Joplin in the trainwreck of a biopic, apperaing in Rollerball and to her turn in the horror film Catacombs, the problem is, her reps never seem to get her into any GOOD films that seem to either materialize or actually get off the ground.

Money isn't always an issue with some of these people and as much of a fan of Pink as I am, I don't see her actually breaking the bank to be in this as some suggest.

Just remembered of an alternative who's a pretty good fit, at least from the looks department. What do you all think about Kate Nauta? She's the girl from Transporter 2.

protectedimage.php
3686449_gal.jpg

I gotta say i don't understand this board at all one minute you are screaming your heads off for a good actor to play in every part but when you get one(Murray) you ***** and moan. Now you are casting the most atrocious actor to play in a Action movie since Jean Claude Van Damme are you kidding me? The only thing she can act like is a stiff.

I gotta say i don't understand this board at all one minute you are screaming your heads off for a good actor to play in every part but when you get one(Murray) you ***** and moan. Now you are casting the most atrocious actor to play in a Action movie since Jean Claude Van Damme are you kidding me? The only thing she can act like is a stiff.

Which is why I specifically mentioned my suggestion was for her looks (I think she's got a pretty good resemblance to a live action version of Zarana). Plus, most acting deficiencies can be aided by good directing, editing and of course, classes.

As soon as I read this, I thought of Zoe Bell until I saw a pic of the woman from The Transporter 2. Either one of them would be perfect.

Zoe Bell?!? Is everyone injection heroin into the tip of their penis? She should play 1 of 2 things: a man or a tranny (and not one of those mean "ha ha I tricked you good" ones, I'm talking "you can see the adams apple bobbing up and down from across the room" type).

I will say this though, she'd make a WAY more convincing Duke then Tatum

Zoe Bell?!? Is everyone injection heroin into the tip of their penis? She should play 1 of 2 things: a man or a tranny (and not one of those mean "ha ha I tricked you good" ones, I'm talking "you can see the adams apple bobbing up and down from across the room" type).

I will say this though, she'd make a WAY more convincing Duke then Tatum

Well, Zarana isn't exactly the essence of femininity either.

No but she can pass for a woman. Remember she is a master of disguise and when not in disguise, should look like a totally hot bad ass punk chick.

I do agree that Pink would be like big and buff enough to play Zarana so that's a solid choice... but Zoe Bell so fits that profile as well... girl's strong as an ox and she could totally pull off the fighting and action involved as well

I think you guys are getting too caught up over her 'toughness' that you're forgetting Zarana can be soft too. As you've pointed out, she's a master of disguise. And there has been many a time where she disguised as people who are decidedly very feminine. For example, anyone remember her from the animated movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"