Casting breakdown for the look-alikes

Compi716

The SHH! Jew
Reaction score
http://www.superherohype.com/news/watchmennews.php?id=6140
President Richard Nixon: 35-45. We'll be aging him up for a variety of scenes that occur from 1960-1985. The President of the United States, profane, paranoid and panicky. Looking for someone who really resembles and can closely impersonate him

McLaughlin: Circa 1985 and at age 60. The host of The McLaughlin Group, a cable roundtable newschat show, McLaughlin introduces a debate on the likelihood of nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union

Eleanor Clift: Circa 1985 and at age 45. (She's older than 45 in the photo, but you can get the idea). One of the pundits on The McLaughlin Group, she comments on the protective power of Dr. Manhattan

Pat Buchanan: Circa 1985 and at age 47. One of the pundits on The McLaughlin Group, this conservative commentator is convinced the Soviets would never attack the United States

John Lennon: Circa Early 70's and at age 37. Non-speaking role. Key sequence in movie

Yoko Ono: Circa Early 70's and at age 44. Non-speaking role. Key sequence in movie

Dick Cavett: 39. Non-speaking role. Key sequence in movie. Interviewing John Lennon and Yoko Ono in early 70's.

Can someone tell me what in the HELL Yoko Ono and John Lennon are doing in this movie? Captain Carnage, would you mind enlightening me?

For Nixon I'd suggest Gregory Itzin, who played President Logan on 24 last season. He doesn't look exactly like him, but I think there's a resemblance. He's definitely got that Presidential vibe, and with the right hair, makeup (prosthetic nose?) he could look like him. Plus he's a fine actor. This suggestion mainly stems from me thinking to myself "that guy looks like Nixon" when I first saw him on 24.
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/45/16/0000034516_20061021002017.jpg

And I don't remember the Lennons being in the book... although my memory's pretty sketchy.

Can someone tell me what in the HELL Yoko Ono and John Lennon are doing in this movie?

What´s the big deal?, it says they have a non-speaking role so what´s wrong with them being in it?

I want to see Lennon and Yoko turn into skeletons during the execution of Veidts plan :(

For Nixon I'd suggest Gregory Itzin, who played President Logan on 24 last season. He doesn't look exactly like him, but I think there's a resemblance. He's definitely got that Presidential vibe, and with the right hair, makeup (prosthetic nose?) he could look like him. Plus he's a fine actor. This suggestion mainly stems from me thinking to myself "that guy looks like Nixon" when I first saw him on 24.
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/45/16/0000034516_20061021002017.jpg

And I don't remember the Lennons being in the book... although my memory's pretty sketchy.

Very good choice - lengthen the nose, beef up the cheeks. I like it :up:

I'm sure they'll cast unknowns, people who we've never even seen before.

I'd like that alot better and it'd be cheaper.

For Buchanan, after looking at some pics of him, Kevin Dunn (Ron Witwicky in Transformers) comes to mind. Although he could be played by anyone really.

Any chance of surviving political pundits (Buchanan, McLaughlin) playing themselves? I highly doubt it, especially considering the political nature of Watchmen.

i got a friend who looks a lot like lennon. he's a huge music nut too, like an encyclopedic knowledge of music, lennon is his hero....my friend also plays a mean guitar, like seriously, one of the best guitarists one can find in modern rock...and no one even knows about him.

They should just cast Sean Lennon to play his father.

For Buchanan, after looking at some pics of him, Kevin Dunn (Ron Witwicky in Transformers) comes to mind. Although he could be played by anyone really.

Any chance of surviving political pundits (Buchanan, McLaughlin) playing themselves? I highly doubt it, especially considering the political nature of Watchmen.

McLaughin from 1986; Elenor is the younger woman.
[YT]NzbEqlHUraU[/YT]

I've been for Itzin for awhile. Seems the Nixon role has been beefed up.

Well, I for one am excited to see Lennon in Watchmen, even though he wasn't in the comic at all. I don't understand why anyone would be upset. Sean doesn't look much like his dad... Also Lennon wasn't 37 in the early 1970s. He was 40 when he was shot, so he was 37 in 1977...

for a second when i read the thing about lennon, i was thinking he'd appear in the present time of the story, 1985, which is 5 years after his real life death. and i thought it was another cool alternate 80's thing such as nixon still being president, but lennon never having been shot and killed. such a beautiful idea.

Yeah, I don't want to derail a Watchmen thread about Lennon, but I agree that Jullian looks more like his father. I wonder how Lennon fits into the movie, he may be in it for only a few seconds. Nixon on the other hand, plays a significant role. I agree with Meg than an alternate future with Lennon alive would be cool. I wonder who they will cast. There are a lot of Beatles tribute Bands out there, but their John's don't really look like John (or even sound like him sometimes)

Now that I think about it, Lennon's role may actually be in a flashback, around the time of the passing of the Keene Act. I see him leading some sort of protest against the increasingly strict Nixon administration.

Deadringer, but can he do the voice?

Deadringer, but can he do the voice?

If you watch enough tapes of Nixon perhaps. He would have to talk in a deeper voice.

Frost/Nixon
[YT]lJs80eBGYlM[/YT]
Fox/Itzin (24 spoilers)
[YT]Zj_ySPJ-_oQ[/YT]

Antonello Blueberry made that and posted it in the casting thread.

when the hell did they make a watchmen thread?
its bout time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"