Justice League Casting Non-whites in Justice League

thorstone

Civilian
Reaction score
What characters would you do a race-swap in casting?

1. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Captain Marvel
647_stream.jpg

the-rock-dwayne-johnson-2013-588x400.png

2. Zoe Saldana as Hawk Woman
Earth-2-Hawkgirl-concept-art-Brett-Booth.jpg

vibevixen-zoe-saldana.jpg

I think the word is 'visible-minorities'.

Anyways.

If Batgirl ever appeared in future nolanverse movies, I'd want Cassandra Cain, raised by the league (Lady Shiva, Talia's successor). Have Barbara Gordon only as oracle.

well, we've got john stewart, john jones (sorta), cyborg, kyle rayner, and jaime reyes. i suppose, idris elba would be a kick ass bruce wayne.

I could actually live with that Hawkwoman you have there.

OR they could do what the cartoon did and tie the Hawks to ancient Egypt and cast Egyptian actors for the roles. I would rather not see the characters in the first JL, but if it happened I think that would be cool.

Don't see the Rock as Captain Marvel really. He's got the build but not the personality. Remember, he still acts like a kid when he's in Shazam mode (or is that only in the cartoons?)

There's also Ryan Choi as Atom.

actually, i think I'd say his personality has more going for him then his physique does. his shazam would dwarf cavill's supes.

I always picture Captain Marvel having a larger build than Superman. And I would do Billy Batson as an adult; with Dwayne Johnson's head placed on a smaller actor's body like we saw in Captain America.
I would just explain Hawkman as the father to the current Hawk Woman.

In a potential Captain Marvel film; as a sequel to Justice League, I would cast Wesley Snipes as Black Adam.

1984169-faces_of_evil_black_adam_01.jpg

wesley-snipes-muscles_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg

Having black guys for superheroes called "Black _____". I don't know.

Black Lightning
Black Manta
Black Panther

Power Rangers got sued for having a black guy as the black ranger and an asian as the yellow ranger, and they've never had that since. ;)

Wouldn't Wonder Woman count too? There are dozens of terrific actresses out there, like Zoe Saldana or Gina Torres that could make a great Diana Prince.

Or wouldn't that count because her character is 'exotic'?

god I hate that word 'exotic', haha.

Is Greek considered a visible minority...?

What is 'white?', anglo-saxon?

I say no to race swapping already white characters.

I'm fine with using non-white members who were established in the comics (John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg).

I say no to race swapping already white characters.

I'm fine with using non-white members who were established in the comics (John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg).

Exactly. Some other guy suggested using a black actor for Hal Jordan to which I asked why not just use John with Hal's backstory and personality like the Flash of DCAU?

Black Bruce Wayne would make no sense and black Superman would be the biggest mistake of decade. The backlash would be monumental :funny:

Diana actually being Greek would be great, Egyptian Hawks, Ryan Choi Atom, Red Tornado's human form can be a minority, and if they wanted to push for an African American female, I guess they could use Vixen?

i think you can get away with casting some latinos (the way some have suggested edgar ramirez as bruce) since latino isn't a race but i think some people would be bothered by it.

Black Bruce Wayne would make no sense and black Superman would be the biggest mistake of decade. The backlash would be monumental :funny:
:whatever: you have a fantastic imagination.

He's technically not incorrect. Bruce Wayne is supposed to be the old rich of Gotham, and Will Smith turned down the role of Superman because he didn't want to be the guy who was the "black Superman".

i know those things. the point is, this isn't an actually hollywood production meeting where these sort of things could actually happen.

I think the word is 'visible-minorities'.

Anyways.

If Batgirl ever appeared in future nolanverse movies, I'd want Cassandra Cain, raised by the league (Lady Shiva, Talia's successor). Have Barbara Gordon only as oracle.

"Minority" is a relative term and depends on where you are geographically. Maybe a better term is diversity. It's not just race that should be considered in the casting but also gender, age and economic background.

Last edited:
ЯɘvlveR;25442411 said:
i know those things. the point is, this isn't an actually hollywood production meeting where these sort of things could actually happen.

Yeah but regardless, he was not wrong. It would have a big backlash and you don't really need a good imagination to see that.

thanks for reiterating a point i wasn't actually arguing against in the first place.

ЯɘvlveR;25442723 said:
thanks for reiterating a point i wasn't actually arguing against in the first place.

You're welcome. He said that the backlash would be monumental, and you inserted a rolleye smiley and said he had a fantastic imagination. That made it seem like you disagreed with him and you were being sarcastic.

i was being sarcastic, because this isn't getting out of this thread. what's the point of even bringing what the general audience might think in the first place.

Because the GA is a big part of these movies. Every mainstream movie, actually. And of course this discussion is hypothetical, but the backlash is the most probable outcome from that situation.

i had no idea that i stumbled onto a production meeting. who should do the score? who should be the cinematographer? what about catering?

sigh.gif

Oh look, more unnecessarily cynical, nonsensical and completely unwarranted sarcasm. What a treat. Let me play along.

Who should do the score for JL? Personally, I'd like Giacchino to tackle it.

No idea about the cinematographer since I don't know enough about that to name anyone. Also not interested in something as trivial as catering.

Someone new hired for the score but using Zimmers themes for Batman and Superman when it's appropriate.

I'll gladly do catering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"