BvS MOS 2 and Justice League being filmed simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Dwayne-Johnson.jpg

A trusted source says that the unnamed DC film that Dwayne Johnson will be working on in 2014 will, indeed, be a Justice League movie. That’s not all, though, because this has folks wondering how the JL movie can be underway in 2014, when WB/DC are in full-swing production of BvS. Well, the current thought amongst some insiders is that Batman vs Superman and Justice League are going to be shot back-to-back, ala The Hobbit films, and the latter two Matrix flicks.
Why?

• To maximize everyone’s schedules. Ben Affleck is a busy man, Henry Cavill is in-demand, and Johnson is a workaholic. Not to mention Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and the rest of the unannounced cast are no slouches either.

• Because Batman vs Superman is going to end with an insane cliffhanger/teaser that leads right into Justice League and, like those other back-to-back productions, they want to be able to deliver the second film within a year to strike while the iron is hot. Could this very aggressive approach be how DC intends to pull the rug right out from under rival Marvel Studios? Sure could be.
This would also explain the abundance of characters we keep hearing linked to BvS, and should also soothe the fears of folks that think it’s going to be too loaded a film. In essence, all this talk of Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Flash, Green Lantern, etc might all just be leading to a single gigantic group cameo before the credits roll, starting a fever pitch of anticipation for Justice League in 2016.
As usual, take this with a grain of salt. It’s an idea that’s been formulated using a combination of insider information and good old fashioned speculation from folks who’ve been in the game a long, long time. Not to mention, the logic seems to pan out.

Fans who’ve been clamoring for Lost‘s Josh Holloway to dive into a big comic book property may be as close as ever to getting their wish. Too bad it looks very unlikely. CBM is reporting that a trusted source of their’s has informed them Holloway is being considered for a role in Batman vs Superman. I, and many others, would say that the 44 year old actor would be a lock to play the King of The Seven Seas, Aquaman.
However, logic- and our own El Mayimbe- are quick to point out that the man’s schedule is likely to rule him out. Holloway just headlined the most-watched TV premiere of the season with his CBS series, Intelligence. While it’s perfectly possible that he read for BvS before Intelligence hit the air, the fact that the series could be a huge hit and turn into a longterm commitment for him could ultimately remove him DC’s plans.
It wouldn’t be the first time a TV commitment limited an actor’s ability to leap to the silver screen. Famous examples from the past include Tom Selleck, who would’ve been Indiana Jones if not for Magnum P.I., and Pierce Brosnan who would’ve become James Bond over a decade sooner if he weren’t all ready doing Remington Steele.
And there you have it. That’s the latest scuttlebutt coming out of Batman vs Superman. As always, there’s no official word on any of this (except for Mamoa’s blunt denial) but I wouldn’t be surprised to see DC/WB come out with confirmations/denials in the near future as all-eyes are going to be on them in the months to come as production for BvS ramps up.
That sounded interesting and a "rational" plan.
Whith rumors and multiple characters casting, is WB gonna film MOS2 and JL together and premiere 1 year among them of difference?
Most of Wonder Woman appearence is going to be at the climax?
source: http://latino-review.com/2014/01/batman-vs-superman-dcs-game-changer-casting-notes/

Last edited:
I could get behind that. Makes sense rather than waiting for everyone to be available. Also holloway as aquaman is super cool, just hope he can if it's true, I suppose there's always rob Schneider .......

I'm all for getting two DC movies for the price of one (In terms of rumors, announcements, set pics, etc)

But I'm trying hard to think of many double sequels that have worked well. Not counting movies that have been split in two cough Harry Potter, Twilight.

Matrix - Godawful
Pirates - Very Meh

Back to the Future - Amazing

I'm all for getting two DC movies for the price of one (In terms of rumors, announcements, set pics, etc)

But I'm trying hard to think of many double sequels that have worked well. Not counting movies that have been split in two cough Harry Potter, Twilight.

Matrix - Godawful
Pirates - Very Meh

Back to the Future - Amazing

But what about The Hobbit? Those were really amazing.

But what about The Hobbit? Those were really amazing.

That's a trilogy. I'm trying to classify films that had a succesful first outing and then had two sequels filmed simultaneously.

i hope Nikolaj Coster-Waldau gets cast as aquaman.

I'd be down with the back to back plan , assuming both scripts are good. It would explain all the casting and character rumors. Perhaps some of the characters are introduced in MOS 2 while others are introduced in a JLA film. It could be that part of the rewrites will help bridge the gap between MOS 2 and JLA. This way at least , MOS 2 can be more of a Superman sequel featuring emerging characters in the background who play a bigger role in JLA. I also like the idea of this film being a sort of Empire Strikes back and TDK type cliffhanger climax ending.

The Lord of the Rings??? Adapted from a book. These adapted from many different stories.

Mamoa denying BvS could very well be true and he could still be involved.

Taking this with a dwarf planet of salt.

If they meant to film them together so as to release them in consecutive years and consolidate production budgets, wouldn't that mean that they mean to film the two movies simultaneously...and not simply back to back?

I don't see them doing this btw. Just another rumor dude can say he was joking about when disproved but has enough juice to it to warrant a guess.

Or its just a trial balloon. I could see WB doing it because its clear they don't want to wait as far as exploiting their properties goes. However, it may not be likely .

Ben Affleck should direct the JL scenes without Superman/Batman/Wondy, while Snyder works on MOS2. They can then collaborate after Zack is done shooting.

:word:

Or Ben Affleck directs every dialogue scene, and Snyder does the action stuff.

Or Ben Affleck directs every dialogue scene, and Snyder does the action stuff.

Ben does the dialog/characterization scenes and influences the "flow" of the movie, Zack does the action and "scale" shots and has a visual influence that is consistent throughout. I think Zack should do less "story" work, but get director credits as a reward for making this movie possible.

JLA:
Origins

Directed by Ben Affleck and Zack Snyder :awesome:

We've sussed it! Now we just need to make sure both Goyer's scripts are re-worked.

And no Solo Batman film with Affleck till what 2020?

Until I see a more competent director attached to JL (Cuaron is mighty free right now), I'm going to temper my anticipation until BvS hits. If this is all true, they must have a grand scheme which is already coming into play. If so I expect screenwriters and directors are already in the middle of talks to signing on.

From Mark Hughes at Forbes

Mark Hughes ‏@markhughesfilms 2h
Things that are true: BvsS will have some additional superheroes in it; JL is the next film; a couple of actors are in final negotiations.

Mark Hughes ‏@markhughesfilms 2h
@KnightGambit Back to back might be too strong a way to put it. I'll say that JL is coming sooner than you probably expect.

Nabbing Aronofsky, Cuaron, the Wachowski's, or someone of their ilk, would likely cement the hype train for JL all the way until 2016. I don't know if Marvel could in any way compete with something like that.

My heads going to explode here soon. Screw these rumors. They stopped being fun weeks ago. It's time to let the cat out of the bag, WB and atleast announce some news, even a title. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"