BvS MOS 2 and Justice League being filmed simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WB making a crossover movie will be their best chance of making 'Avengers Money'. It was marvels best chance...Ergo the real reason why Batman is in this next film.

Interesting to note just how many of these new age films Man of Steel beat out box office wise, including Batman Begins, the film that similarly rebooted DC's "biggest draw". For some reason MOS isn't afforded the same perspective.

You want to make avengers money, you throw a bunch of heroes together and release a marketing storm around the film.

Notice how the majority of marvel films perform without the crossover novelty element. (not as good as MOS).

Pay attention to the boost in Ironman revenue pre vs post avengers and what such a thing would mean for the BvS crossover.

All vaild points but most will ignore them and carry out their same old pro Marvel arguments.

If WB really wanted to cop marvel's successful strategy, they should have had MOS end with Batman's chair spinning in the cave, given how much buzz the batman announcement caused on premise alone...would have no doubt given MOS a few extra bucks. Sadly wb isn't so shrewd, that would be the competition.

True, Kevin Feige has shown incredible business sense..he is one of the reasons why Marvel are so successful right now.

Let's not Forget that Iron Man 1 and 2 didn't have the 3D to boost ticket sales, so when you get down to it, the Avengers didn't give it that large of a boost

IM3 was pure mediocrity. That movie made money because it had a 1.5billion dollar advertisement (aka Avengers) and RDJ's quips. IMO of course...

And Iron Man was also very popular, 3D and The Avengers were just the final boost it needed, but even without TA it would have made more that the previous films thanks to the addition of 3D

Probably. But 3D can't account for all that cash. I'd say Avengers and RDJ account for most of it.

WB also holds the rights for live-action Bleach from what i remember. That may be of interest to you, Juha Bach :word:

Now that is one property WB cannot possibly ruin no matter how hard they try.

Because there is nothing to ruin that already isn't. :p

Iron Man 3 > Man of Steel

Watching Man of Steel, it is hard to believe that the guy who directed it also directed one of the best comic book films of all time, Watchmen. Peering further into the matter, it becomes obvious that the problems of Man of Steel are not Snyder's fault, but the studio's. They never should have green-lit the piece of garbage that Goyer supplied. The best way to describe it is to use a Hype connection: it reads like an answer to one of those threads named "How Would You Have Done (Film X)?" In this context, it was, "How Would You Have Done Superman II?" The result is an infuriating mixture of unoriginal (Superman II) and fan-fiction extreme deviation (Superman killing Zod.) I can overlook the inconsistent cinematography, but, not the script.

Snyder has earned his place in Adaptation Cinema: he did a fine job with Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a glorious job with Watchmen, and managed to make a Frank Miller story a part of popular culture. Goyer, on the other hand, seems to be going the route of Jeph Loeb: he hit his peak with Batman, but is on a downhill slide, with no end in sight. Loeb can be excused because his son died---but, what's Goyer's excuse? It's the writer's equivalent of Ridley Scott and George Lucas: they made the studio so much money, that nobody bothered standing up to them.

In context of Justice League, if Snyder is directing, I hope it is with a different screenwriter and director of photography/design team. Justice League needs to have visual richness and intricacy of Watchmen; Snyder's already done one victory with his casting (everyone in MoS was perfectly cast. Not one bad note.) I just hope he's given some adequate material to work with, so that DC level the playing field with Marvel.

Now, I recognize that the two films are not being filmed back to back, and am commenting on hypothetical scenarios, like everyone else.

Iron Man 3 > Man of Steel

Watching Man of Steel, it is hard to believe that the guy who directed it also directed one of the best comic book films of all time, Watchmen. Peering further into the matter, it becomes obvious that the problems of Man of Steel are not Snyder's fault, but the studio's. They never should have green-lit the piece of garbage that Goyer supplied. The best way to describe it is to use a Hype connection: it reads like an answer to one of those threads named "How Would You Have Done (Film X)?" In this context, it was, "How Would You Have Done Superman II?" The result is an infuriating mixture of unoriginal (Superman II) and fan-fiction extreme deviation (Superman killing Zod.) I can overlook the inconsistent cinematography, but, not the script.

Snyder has earned his place in Adaptation Cinema: he did a fine job with Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a glorious job with Watchmen, and managed to make a Frank Miller story a part of popular culture. Goyer, on the other hand, seems to be going the route of Jeph Loeb: he hit his peak with Batman, but is on a downhill slide, with no end in sight. Loeb can be excused because his son died---but, what's Goyer's excuse? It's the writer's equivalent of Ridley Scott and George Lucas: they made the studio so much money, that nobody bothered standing up to them.

In context of Justice League, if Snyder is directing, I hope it is with a different screenwriter and director of photography/design team. Justice League needs to have visual richness and intricacy of Watchmen; Snyder's already done one victory with his casting (everyone in MoS was perfectly cast. Not one bad note.) I just hope he's given some adequate material to work with, so that DC level the playing field with Marvel.

Now, I recognize that the two films are not being filmed back to back, and am commenting on hypothetical scenarios, like everyone else.

In every measurable way, IM3 is superior to MOS. Higher box office. Higher critical reviews. So it's really hard to call IM3 medicore and MoS as gold without looking silly, unless you prefix it with 'IMO'

"Imo" is usually implied on this site.

MoS > Iron Man 3. The latter movie had a weak plot , a vanilla narrative structure, and put me to sleep.

I think it comes down to whether or not quips are important to you. If they are, then you wil consider IM 3 a well written film.

Last edited:
Now that is one property WB cannot possibly ruin no matter how hard they try.

Because there is nothing to ruin that already isn't. :p

I see what you did there, but let's be fair, Bleach is on the very least entertaining.

"Imo" is usually implied on this site.

MoS > Iron Man 3. The latter movie had a weak plot , a vanilla narrative structure, and put me to sleep.

I think it comes down to whether or not quips are important to you. If they are, then you wil consider IM 3 a well written film.

I concur.

The quips are better than the cringe inducing dialogue in MoS. Goyer can't write dialogue if it meant the firing squad ("He's hot!", "Welcome to the planet.", "A good death is its own reward.")

The quips are better than the cringe inducing dialogue in MoS. Goyer can't write dialogue if it meant the firing squad ("He's hot!", "Welcome to the planet.", "A good death is its own reward.")

Out of everything you could have picked from you pick these two which are not bad at all?

You do understand that the movie had alot more dialogue than just that right?
Alot more...

If only great dancers were known for their so called 'moments of failure'

^^^^^ LMAO your hate is too obvious!!!
quips are silly, stupid and nonsense.
I wonder what problem had Welcome to the planet (that had double purpose by Lois) and one of the best phrases of the movie itself sayed by Faora?
Unbelievable :lmao:

Last edited:
Indeed. I'll give you "he's kinda hot," but the other two were good lines.

Nothing wrong at all with Welcome to the planet a double meaning for Clark and Lois.

I'll accept the kinda hot line yeah.

Out of everything you could have picked from you pick these two which are not bad at all?

Alot more...

His trolling was so lame that he didn't believe his own post... Great way to embarrass himself :lmao:

Last edited:
I hated the movie but even I kinda liked "Welcome to the planet".

Some people's just have eyes for comedy movies and jokes in cmb. If another one doesn't have that kind of things is not worthy.... :whatever:

Alot more...

I am aware that dialogue should not be the only aspect of a film to be considered in evaluation. However, I was responding to the poster who had written, "I think it comes down to whether or not quips are important to you. If they are, then you wil consider IM 3 a well written film."

For instance: Batman Begins has a great script, a near perfect cast (except for Holmes, who drained the vitality of every scene she was in,)and some nice action sequences (I love the dock raid.) However, Goyer's dialogue rams up the cheese factor to irritating levels, with lines such as "I gotta get me one of those." I can see why people like them, but I find them to be cheesy, and in excess in the film. A more problematic line happens with the people who were watching the water mains: the audience knows(and is seeing) what is happening; there was no reason to include them in the script, let alone cutaway to them, when the screentime could have been used better.

Thus, a good film is compromised by the cheesy dialogue. Compared to Man of Steel, however, the dialogue in BB sounds like it was written by Tom Stoppard.

^^^^^ LMAO your hate is too obvious!!!
quips are silly, stupid and nonsense.
I wonder what problem had Welcome to the planet (that had double purpose by Lois) and one of the best phrases of the movie itself sayed by Faora?
Unbelievable :lmao:

The problem with the line is that it is on the nose. As for Faora's line, it's cliched,and belongs in a SyFy Original, instead of a two hundred million dollar film. To be fair, the character (not the actress) belonged in a Syfy Original. She was about as developed as the the Homeless Man in Batman Begins. The only reason the fans elevate the character to iconic status is because the actress is attractive. I do not rate the actress's performance because the material was pitiful: even Judi Dench could not elevate the material, without a drastic script rewrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"