Cat faced beast

I'd actually prefer if he went back to wearing the vest and maybe even the jacket, too. Although I hated the cat look, I loved how his New X-Men costume made him look more distinguished.

I prefer my Beast a little more Blanka from SF looking. If we're gonna dress him in clothes, lose the jacket and keep him in a lab coat.

I never liked Blanka's design.
The Question said:
Oh yeah. How are those at all cat like?
Cats' hind legs are constructed the same way (although the joints aren't quite so bent). The difference, of course, is that they're not attached to a humanoid torso, they're attached to an elongated, feline torso.

beast-bigcostume12.jpg
Love the feet, hands and body, but I just hate the face. :down Keep the rest and change the face to --

Beast.gif

:ghost: :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
Cats' hind legs are constructed the same way (although the joints aren't quite so bent). The difference, of course, is that they're not attached to a humanoid torso, they're attached to an elongated, feline torso.

Yeah. On a cat, it looks workable. But on a humanoid body, it looks like he's a goat man. Also, I don't like Beast just wearing trunks. He's a nerdy private school graduate and PHD in biology. I think he'd have enough taste to wear a shirt every now and then.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Love the feet, hands and body, but I just hate the face. :down Keep the rest and change the face to --

Beast.gif

:ghost: :o
Actually, the costume in that pic is a pretty good compromise. It occurs to me that that's basically the X3 costume, though.

The cat look would work if it looked ferocious. The way they are currently drawing him makes him look like a house cat. Where the pic above looks like a tiger or lion. Plus the costume from above is so much better than the wierd pants he is wearing lately.

I also like the bright blue as well as the difference in his body hair and his head of hair

the cat faced Beast is the dumbest thing ever done in comics.

Hank should always be a half Wolf, half Monkey man. He had that great Feral look.

Then some wimp had to change him for no good reason. Now he looks Gay.

Doesn't look Beastly at all. Looks like some weak Disney character.:mad:

Now he looks Gay.

Nah, I'd still say he looks like he enjoys females.

I think the new Beast looks infinitely better than the older one - he's got much more physical presence and personality.

He did pretend to be gay for a while tho.:o

I've always enjoyed the new cat look for Beast. It does everything that he used to do and more, and it's brought out some of the best Beast scenes and characterizations that he's had in a long time.

And come on, it's not like the ape-look was drawn all that great all the time. It always depends on the artist anyway.
pc_fera.gif

The new look grew on me over time, and now I like, most of the time. It's not bad, and now I really don't want him to switch back. They pulled that crap on Archangel as well, way too many times (who should've stuck to the blue IMO).

A little off-topic but I've always wondered how Warren went from a white guy to Apoc's horseman with blue skin to an X-Man with blue skin to an X-Man with white skin.

if they were gonna mutate Beast further he should have been made more ape like. In the grand scheme of things is there really a need for another Xmen with claws and enhanced senses.

Colossal Spoons said:
A little off-topic but I've always wondered how Warren went from a white guy to Apoc's horseman with blue skin to an X-Man with blue skin to an X-Man with white skin.

to my knowledge he gained a second mutation, a healing factor. A pretty good one too, he can use his own blood to heal others.

Colossal Spoons said:
Got his wings taken from him by the Marauders.
Was turned blue by Apoc with metal wings.
The original wings regrew themselves within the metal and burst it.
Fought Black Tom and was caught in his weird plant mutation. The blue was sucked out of him.

Wasn't big on the redesign when New X-Men started, but I love how Cassaday draws him. I think he looks great. Don't change.

Harlekin said:
The new look grew on me over time, and now I like, most of the time. It's not bad, and now I really don't want him to switch back. They pulled that crap on Archangel as well, way too many times (who should've stuck to the blue IMO).

Maybe they got sick of having so many blue-skinned mutants running around.

and where's Hobbes?:mad::(

First time I saw cat-Beast it just didn't seem right at all, but now I really like it, especially in Astonishing. What the hell does his sexuality have to do with anything?

I too wasn't sure about it at first, even though I never was a big beast fan before....but like Brian says, I really think it brought out the best in the big blue guy. It actually made me give a damn about his character. Before, more than being a beast, he was basically just a blue wolverine (visually I should say).

I don't know, I just think it brought out much more personality.

On a note similar to what Harley was saying, I prefered Angel as Archangel, the only time he was ever useful/interesting.

Abaddon said:
Maybe they got sick of having so many blue-skinned mutants running around.
I will agree there. Nightcrawler, Archangel, Beast, Maggott. A little blueish overkill.

and where's Hobbes?:mad::(
Hobbes will inevitably return. :)

Harlekin said:
I will agree there. Nightcrawler, Archangel, Beast, Maggott. A little blueish overkill.

Hobbes will inevitably return. :)
We all need our Hobbes fix. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"