Cat faced beast

Harlekin said:
Got his wings taken from him by the Marauders.
Was turned blue by Apoc with metal wings.
The original wings regrew themselves within the metal and burst it.
Fought Black Tom and was caught in his weird plant mutation. The blue was sucked out of him.

Damn, that's nuts. Thanks.

I really wish Warren had kept the blue skin and metal wings. He has pretty much no offensive abilities now.

Angel could and should be offensively creative. The strength in his wings has to be incredible to be able to lift his body weight, so how about he hits people with those?

Anyway, back to the subjact matter at hand - I think the complaints over Hank's fluctuations in appearance are just a bit ridiculous. You're talking about the guy who's gone from a guy with big hands and feet to a grey-furred monster to a blue-furred monster to a guy with big hands and big feet to a blue-furred monster to a blue-furred monster who looks a bit like a cat.

That's six grand total appearance fluctuations, people. So stop your *****ing and moaning about how he's supposed to be a blue-furred gorilla man, because his form has been so unstable over the years that he's not "supposed" to be anything but who he is, and as far as I can tell, he's the same Hank McCoy he was before.

Then Chuck Austen in his infinite wisdom decided to give Warren healing blood.

What a wonderful idea, give the useless Angel healing powers.

Should have never lost the metal wings.

Cyclops said:
Angel could and should be offensively creative. The strength in his wings has to be incredible to be able to lift his body weight, so how about he hits people with those?
I agree with the Hank stuff, his bag is basically further mutation. But Warren hitting people with his wings is pretty lame. That means he's gotta land and swat people with his wings. When he had the metal ones he could do bombing raids with a bunch of razor shards while keeping to the air. All he can do in the air now is fly and... um... yell at evil mutants to "stop, or else!" or something.

Cyclops said:

Anyway, back to the subjact matter at hand - I think the complaints over Hank's fluctuations in appearance are just a bit ridiculous. You're talking about the guy who's gone from a guy with big hands and feet to a grey-furred monster to a blue-furred monster to a guy with big hands and big feet to a blue-furred monster to a blue-furred monster who looks a bit like a cat.

That's six grand total appearance fluctuations, people. So stop your *****ing and moaning about how he's supposed to be a blue-furred gorilla man, because his form has been so unstable over the years that he's not "supposed" to be anything but who he is, and as far as I can tell, he's the same Hank McCoy he was before.

Depending on who draws kitty Beast I can like it, it's just that Quietley drew him where his head seemed WAY too big for his body (like he was about to tip over). I wouldn't mind him in Astonishing...though that costume is a little awkward for me...but I forgive it most of the time.

If I could have though, I would have rather him evolve (or devolve, whatever you like) into a giant ape. Go back to the roots of the character as far as being a very bestial creature (it may be me, but I tend to think cats as being fairly intelligent while apes are a bit more simplistic) with the mind of a genius. Coulda been fun.

And Angel used to be an incredibly fast flier. Considering his body would have to be able to stand the drag those speeds would create (much like Quicksilver and Northstar's bodies are tougher to withstand their speeds) he could dive bomb ya.

Fine. Then he needs some mad fighting skills. Because a guy with wings and perfect musculature should be a threat regardless of metal wings.

Swoop down on someone, kick them in the face or something, or grab them as he's diving upon them, and use his momentum to fling them into a wall, something, anything. A guy with wings has more combat potential than a guy with pigstickers in the backs of his hands.

He should really get his ass on a training regimen, then. He hasn't shown much skill in combat lately.

He hasn't shown his FACE much lately. Seriously. Where has he been?

I meant since he lost the metal wings. The most badass thing I recall him doing after that was basically chasing Deathverine through the city, nagging the hell out of him until he finally relented and rejoined the X-Men.

Yeah. I think writers are afraid of using him because all they see is a guy with wings who can't do a whole lot in combat. All they gotta do is use their imaginations a bit. So Scott Lobdell took his metal wings away. Figure out how to compensate and make him an ass-kicker.

He used to use rocket launchers and all kinds of crazy junk. He took Exiles Magik's sword and started using that for a while during his dominatrix period too, but I don't recall him using it very often.

Warren could swoop down and poop on villains.

TheCorpulent1 said:
He used to use rocket launchers and all kinds of crazy junk. He took Exiles Magik's sword and started using that for a while during his dominatrix period too, but I don't recall him using it very often.

I loved the way Casey handled him. He was competent on the battle-field, but he was more crucial behind the scenes pulling political and financial manipulation strings. I liked that.

I think it's best to forget anything Chuck Austen wrote, really.

My favorite Beast(s) so far
x-men-beast11_1142633074.jpg

beast43.jpg

Cyclops said:
I loved the way Casey handled him. He was competent on the battle-field, but he was more crucial behind the scenes pulling political and financial manipulation strings. I liked that.

I think it's best to forget anything Chuck Austen wrote, really.
Well, that's just because Joe Casey is a genius. :up:

TheCorpulent1 said:
Well, that's just because Joe Casey is a genius. :up:

Agreed. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" might be my favorite mini-series of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"