Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread - Part 1

He was so awesome. Definitely a Nightcrawler esque show stealer.

But it's a bit contrived that he didn't tag along. Probably the most powerful mutant we've seen in these films (apart from Dark Phoenix) yet they don't need his help in their most important mission?

Whedon's definitely got a lot to live up to. But i think they'll go a different route, particularly with his personality. I think the MCU's Quicksilver will at least start off more pained, a bit more unstable. Can't fully control his powers. Be interesting to see how they choose to portray his speed though.

Exactly. He was so effective in the prison break, but they don't ask for his help again for reasons I can't figure out. They're trying to prevent a horrific, world-shattering war from happening. Why not do all you can to prevent that? I'm sure they could have convinced him to help them again.

The only reason I can think of is the filmmakers realized they'd made him too powerful and that if he was involved in the finale he would either fix things too quickly or they'd have to suddenly and inexplicably downplay his amazing abilities.

Exactly. He was so effective in the prison break, but they don't ask for his help again for reasons I can't figure out. They're trying to prevent a horrific, world-shattering war from happening. Why not do all you can to prevent that? I'm sure they could have convinced him to help them again.

The only reason I can think of is the filmmakers realized they'd made him too powerful and that if he was involved in the finale he would either fix things too quickly or they'd have to suddenly and inexplicably downplay his amazing abilities.

That could have been fixed by toning down his powers in the first place. He was ridiculously overpowered in this movie. I don't think Ultimate Quicksilver was as insanely fast as this version was. The level of speed they showed in the movie is also one of those things that really makes no sense when you stop and think about it, even when you've accepted that this is a world where a man can move RFK with the powers of magnetism. What kind of magical walkman did he have to be able to listen to a song at "regular" speed while moving so fast that only a fraction of a second passes?

He was amazing.

I think they thought they didn't need him so they let him go.

Plus he is still a teenager and has just fun with his power. What exactly should they have asked of him? He is restless so him just going along without a clear purpose would have been boring for him.

Agree, besides they didn't need him anymore at that point. Getting Mystique wasn't hard, it was later than everything got messed up because of Magneto.

When the possibility of Quicksilver being Magneto's son was first mentioned I was like ughhh no don't go there.

Now though I wouldn't mind exploring that, since the guy (Magneto that is) badly needs some kind of new angle in these movies.

I gotta admit, I really did enjoy seeing Quicksilver's interact with Magneto, even if it was somewhat brief.

I do hope that they make it an official canon thing within the X-Men franchise, that Evans' Quicksilver is indeed Magneto's son. I would give the character (Magneto) some new material to work with in my honest opinion.

Plus considering that FOX is the only studio that can actually portray this relationship, it would be a waste not to take advantage of it.

I do hope that they find a better way to dye Evan's hair. The way that they did for this film looked like a very bad/fake dye job for his hair

Most of his screentime I was smiling. Kitchen scene had me grinning with awe.

Overpowered? Illogical?

Meh, who cares, it was awesome! :D

"You see something strange here? Nothing anybody would believe if you told them."

10437506_796219560408502_1418165918673006400_n.jpg

10433945_796218950408563_3826860532410627839_n.jpg

10296834_796218943741897_5334089896609676404_n.jpg

10325338_796218963741895_2113339872085806847_n.jpg

I gotta admit, I really did enjoy seeing Quicksilver's interact with Magneto, even if it was somewhat brief.

I do hope that they make it an official canon thing within the X-Men franchise, that Evans' Quicksilver is indeed Magneto's son. I would give the character (Magneto) some new material to work with in my honest opinion.

Plus considering that FOX is the only studio that can actually portray this relationship, it would be a waste not to take advantage of it.

I think those mutants watching magneto's speech (QS, toad, etc. ) Will be magneto's brotherhood in the next film. So a QS/Mags connection might happen.

When the promo pics of Quicksilver came out, I remember agreeing with the consensus that he looked ridiculous and terrible, and that the character would be absurdly lame.

Boy, that initial consensus couldn't have been any more wrong. The ridiculous character design worked with Quicksilver's personality, and, as everyone has stated: Quicksilver was anything but lame in this movie. He had what was probably the coolest scene in any X-Men movie ever (along with Wolverine's cameo in First Class).

Joss Whedon certainly has something to live up to now. I can also imagine that DC/WB isn't too happy about this because Fox/Marvel pretty much did an awesome interpretation of The Flash before they could. :funny:

Also, I went to see the movie on Friday afternoon, so the theater wasn't very crowded. I must have been the only nerd there, because I chuckled pretty hard at the "Hm. My mom knew a guy who worked with metal" line. The "Whip. Lash." line was hysterical too.

no, he wasn't the quicksilver from the comics
yes he was super cool and my favorite speedster in any movie

my fault dash but u got beat a lil

When the promo pics of Quicksilver came out, I remember agreeing with the consensus that he looked ridiculous and terrible, and that the character would be absurdly lame.

I never understood that complaint. Quicksilver, even in the promotional material, looked like a typical 70s teenager to me.

Also, I went to see the movie on Friday afternoon, so the theater wasn't very crowded. I must have been the only nerd there, because I chuckled pretty hard at the "Hm. My mom knew a guy who worked with metal" line.

I loved that quote. When Magneto didn't recognize him I thought he simply wouldn't be his father but then came that line. I had to grin.

Hey fellow X dweebs.

So I saw DOFP last week and I've come here to eat some crow.

The movie was actually enjoyable! And Quicksilver was very cool, in spite of his appearance and impression I got from the pics.

The only downside I can think of is that they made him so powerful they now almost backed themselves up into a corner and can't use him in future movies. Because really, who can do anything against him?

Found a pretty cool Quicksilver fanart photo... Very anime!

qs_zps3973348e.jpg

Question, why did they call him Peter instead of Pietro?

After Singer's Quicksilver and Flash series that will start soon, Marvel's Quick Silver will be late to the party !

Still, want to see how whedon portrays's him in AOU. Evan Peters really nailed Quicksilver for me.

...Question, why did they call him Peter instead of Pietro?...
I guess, same reason they called, Colossus, Peter (or just Pete for short) and dropped his accent

they like to Americanize names to avoid having to explain there backstory of where from

this version of the character was American, so they gave him a more American sounding version of his name

I never understood that complaint. Quicksilver, even in the promotional material, looked like a typical 70s teenager to me.

It was 50% because he wasn't wearing a superhero costume, context didn't factor and 50% because it didn't match personal fashion styles

Hey fellow X dweebs.

So I saw DOFP last week and I've come here to eat some crow.

The movie was actually enjoyable! And Quicksilver was very cool, in spite of his appearance and impression I got from the pics.

The only downside I can think of is that they made him so powerful they now almost backed themselves up into a corner and can't use him in future movies. Because really, who can do anything against him?

They're facing apocalypse. I mean, what can QS do against him?

I liked Evan Peter's take on the character. Though that being said, he wasn't really like his comic book counterpart. Still enjoyable to watch though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"