Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread - Part 1

no he reminded me of his Evolution version
still cool though

Exactly. He was so effective in the prison break, but they don't ask for his help again for reasons I can't figure out. They're trying to prevent a horrific, world-shattering war from happening. Why not do all you can to prevent that? I'm sure they could have convinced him to help them again.

The only reason I can think of is the filmmakers realized they'd made him too powerful and that if he was involved in the finale he would either fix things too quickly or they'd have to suddenly and inexplicably downplay his amazing abilities.

I think it had more to do with the fact that there is a good possibility that the character was only included because of Marvel's plan to use him in the Avengers so Fox wanted him in their movie. Therefore they found a way to insert him into the film with a big scene without playing a larger role in the movie.

That being said I was admittedly not thrilled with the initial idea of Quicksilver in this movie, but after seeing it I was a fan of the portrayal. Although, again, he didnt have a giant role. I do hope they bring him back.

I loved the scene where he was watching Magneto's speech with a look of horror. I feel that can be used to set him up like the comic. If they do reveal that Magneto is his father he could easily have the "work with magento because of family loyalty rather than belief in his cause" characterization that is found in the comics.

Exactly. He was so effective in the prison break, but they don't ask for his help again for reasons I can't figure out. They're trying to prevent a horrific, world-shattering war from happening. Why not do all you can to prevent that? I'm sure they could have convinced him to help them again.

The only reason I can think of is the filmmakers realized they'd made him too powerful and that if he was involved in the finale he would either fix things too quickly or they'd have to suddenly and inexplicably downplay his amazing abilities.

Quicksilver is a teen and I doubt his mom would've allowed him to travel to a foreign country with a bunch of strangers. She probably had no idea he was assisting in a prison break, either.

They didn't really need him anyway. Their plan hinged on being able to convince Mystique not to shoot Trask, not force her to stop, and Magneto was there to remove the gun or stop the bullet if need be.

I loved the scene where he was watching Magneto's speech with a look of horror. I feel that can be used to set him up like the comic. If they do reveal that Magneto is his father he could easily have the "work with magento because of family loyalty rather than belief in his cause" characterization that is found in the comics.
I always got the angle as the son who couldn't make dad proud. heartbreaking.

I think it had more to do with the fact that there is a good possibility that the character was only included because of Marvel's plan to use him in the Avengers so Fox wanted him in their movie.

Apparently Evan Peters had already been cast as Quicksilver before Disney's plan with the character broke. The only reason i even want to see Avengers 2 is the inclusion of Pietro and Wanda (even as the pictures so far doesn't promise a lot, especially for Wanda), so i don't mind two versions of QS.

I think it had more to do with the fact that there is a good possibility that the character was only included because of Marvel's plan to use him in the Avengers so Fox wanted him in their movie. Therefore they found a way to insert him into the film with a big scene without playing a larger role in the movie.

That being said I was admittedly not thrilled with the initial idea of Quicksilver in this movie, but after seeing it I was a fan of the portrayal. Although, again, he didnt have a giant role. I do hope they bring him back.

I liked that his mom was also watching. The look on her face told me that she knew exactly who he was hint hint. :cwink:

Plus Michael has said in numerous interviews that Evan is his son in the film and that he loved seeing Evan's scenes in the film, so while they weren't overt about Pietro being Magneto's son, their familial relations are definitely intentional and I'm sure we'll see it addressed in full during Apocalypse.

And yeah, I don't think they could've prepared all those Quicksilver scenes that quickly if it was done as a reaction to Whedon's use of the Maximoff twins in AoA. Like, all the of finding suitable people for Pietro, casting Peters, creating his look, writing him into the story, location scouting, casting his family etc would more or less take a lot of time and couldn't be scrapped together just to spite MS. I'm sure they just didn't want to announce him and have him be a surprise but once Whedon announced him they just went ahead and announced Peters' casting too.

Of course, Bryan facetiously tweeted "Before he was an Avenger..." which ticked off a bunch of people so that's on his end, but I really don't think Fox's use of Quicksilver was done to spite MS at all.

I think that that was simply him trying to get a rise out of people. Also, my head-canon is that the little girl that he was holding while watching TV is little Polaris.

Of course he's joking a bit, but I don't think he'd be saying that if weren't totally canon. I hope it's Lorna too! It might be a cool way to differentiate the Fox universe from the MCU if they use Pietro/Lorna versus Pietro/Wanda. But I don't know if they would ever use two mutants with the same power sets because it'd be redundant but who knows. Hopefully they do more with relations in the future X-men films. I was super bummed about not having Nightcrawler mentioned in this film.

I wonder if we'll ever find out on how logan originally met peter in the original timeline. His comments in the film sugggets that wolverine only knew him when peter was much older

Maybe his older self will be in The Wolverine 3? I'm not entirly sure how W3 will work now lol

Really wish they had a scene with Quicksilver distracting or fighting Sentinels. Maybe show how Sentinels have to adapt at fighting him, and try to find ways to track or predict where he will be.

I wonder if we'll ever find out on how logan originally met peter in the original timeline. His comments in the film sugggets that wolverine only knew him when peter was much older

Yeah this intrigued me too. When did he have the opportunity to meet this guy, and what use was old man Quicksilver? Would be a great story to tell in Wolverine 3 if it's set after The Wolverine

Yeah this intrigued me too. When did he have the opportunity to meet this guy, and what use was old man Quicksilver? Would be a great story to tell in Wolverine 3 if it's set after The Wolverine

If Peter really does become officially established as being Magneto's son within this franchise, then I'm assuming that wolverine probably didn't know (in the original timeline) that Peter was Magneto's son since this is something that he would have mentioned to Charles and Beast.

I think that that was simply him trying to get a rise out of people. Also, my head-canon is that the little girl that he was holding while watching TV is little Polaris.

If that's Polaris, and she's also Magneto's daughter, I wonder how he doesn't know about Quicksilver's existence.

Quicksilver's power piece has 1.026 million views at the moment.
The only mutant to have million views, he's so popular :D

I thought using Quicksilver might seriously impact on his character appear in Age of Ultron - people comparing the two and such.

I don't think this all be an issue - based on the scene from Winter Soldier, Whedon is going in a different direction with the character.

I think he will have more of an impact on any future movie involving the The Flash.

I have a question: about how old are Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch in the comics? Magneto was born in 1928 (I think) and Magda was close to his age. Even if they waited until they were middle-aged to have kids (unlikely), that would mean the twins would be in their forties. The comics don't seem to portray them that old, though.

If the books were to uphold the ages of the characters relative to present day, the twins would probably be close to sixty years old. I say that because Jean Grey's tombstone, seen after her death in the Dark Phoenix Saga, denotes her as being born in 1956, and she was probably close to their age when she joined the X-Men, if not younger.

That makes sense. Magneto and Magda probably waited a few years after their escape from Auschwitz in 1945 to get married, then Magda got pregnant with the twins when their first child was four years old. So the twins were probably born in the mid-1950s.

It's silly for me to try to figure out what age they should be realistically. I guess what I really want to know is, what age do the writers pretend they are?

By the way, Jean being born in 1956 makes no sense if she was a teenager when she debuted in 1963. They should have never written that. Unless the comic was set sometime in the vague future? Shrug.

Thank You Bryan Singer for learning me this song from the best scene in the movie by far...:yay: It's really old song, but I have it on repeat from the day I watched DoFP! Sadly Jim Croce died in a plane crash the same year, 1973, when this song came out. :(
[YT]dO1rMeYnOmM[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"