Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Nov 26, 2013.

1. aaliya_7

aaliya_7 Registered

I realize now that my post could have come off in completely the wrong way because of how I wrote it. I was not implying that psylockolossus didn't know Hugh Jackman lives in NY, nor that he needed to know that bit of information or that anybody else on this forum is required to know that bit of information. It was more of a general statement that I wrote mindlessly after reading a bunch of comments on that twitter/IG picture Hugh Jackman posted of himself in NY, and many of the fans replying were asking how long he is in NY for. I guess it just surprised me because they follow him on twitter, and he refers to life in NY on twitter a lot.

#551 aaliya_7, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Got my Blu Ray and re watching now. My memory is a little jogged here but what explanation was given officially or what did we come up with for Wolvie having the bone claws at end of Wolverine and him having Adamantium in the future at the beginning of DOFP?

3. Snikt

Snikt Registered

Bryan singer has stated in a few different interviews that Magneto helped out Wolvie in the futures and re-forged his adamantium claws

4. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

I thought so, I remebered hearing about that. Thanks for the reminder:word:

5. hoy-small-fry

hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

Definitely should have had a throwaway line in there. Maybe when Past Magneto said about them being metal one day, Wolverine could have said that he did that for him in the future

6. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I'm seeing Hugh tonight. He's doing a NY Times Talks Q&A with the director of his new play, and a friend got me tickets. :woot:

7. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

take me with you

8. aaliya_7

aaliya_7 Registered

Hugh had his 3rd skin cancer operation last week. Sending well wishes his way!

Hope you had fun! I watched it online.

9. Infinity9999x

Infinity9999x Registered

Got to see Hugh perform live for the first time in the River tonight. It was a blast! And I got to talk to him briefly and shake his hand outside the stage door. Definitely a fun night :)

10. Typhoon22

Typhoon22 The Golden God

I recently bought the BR of DOFP and watched it thinking it was my fav superhero film of this year until the last 15-20 minutes. I think it lost steam during the Magneto's solo. I was expecting a bigger spectacle but most of all I was hoping for a [email protected] Wolverine action scene which never really happened. Like really ? That annoyed me so much. I felt that, like always, it was about Magneto. I also recently re-watched Avengers and what MADE that movie for me was Hulk and his little action-fun scenes. I think DOFP missed that with Wolverine. He is, in essense, kind of like Hulk. Probably the most badass character in XMen universe and they gave him a lot of screen time but never utilized him properly. Magneto controlling metal is getting so annoying because there isn't much you can explore with that, there are no 2 sides to it. Wolverine has bone claws goes against Magneto thinking finally he'll get the upper hand but no, instead he gets a 1 sided beating. Yes Wolverine had to be defeated to set up Apocalypse but they could have re-routed that while still giving Wolverine a great action scene or 2. Look at Hughs body for DOFP. How did they not utilize that more with a bigger action scene for him with at least a sentinel or 2 or Magneto. So whats next in Apocalypse...Magneto is going to defeat Wolverine again with his metal controlling ? Ughh.

That was the only, and major thing, that bothered me with DOFP.
    Kind of reminded me of Singers Superman Returns in a sense. There's a lot of things Singer does well but I feel there's 1 aspect that could benefit a lot more to his movies if he were able to achieve that.

So all in all I think Captain America was my fav SH movie of this year followed by GOTG and 3rd DOFP. Up until the last 20 minutes I really thought DOFP was going to be my fav SH film of this year.

Out of all actors, I have by far the most respect and admiration for Hugh. His love for Wolverine is unmatched by any actor ever. To be 45 and still in the craziest physical shape shows dedication that few actors can achieve. After god knows how many years he's still here like it's his 1st role, that dedication and enthusiasm. Which bugs me when he gets critisized for his films, such as Origins. Because Hugh deserves a great Wolverine film(s). I hope for his last Wolverine film they'll make an exception and make it R rated. I know it won't happen but it'd be a dream come true. Imagine Wolverine tearing enemies up by limb. Going on a final suicide mission. Either way the studio should go all out for Wolverine's last solo movie and make it the best SH film they can possibly make out of respect to him and the character. Hugh deserves that, at the very least.

11. danoyse

Awesome! I'm finally seeing it on Saturday, I can't wait.

12. Infinity9999x

Infinity9999x Registered

They have 35 dollar day of tickets, and there's not a bad seat in the house. It's so intimate. The show itself is interesting. It's very slow, and sometimes a bit overly cerebral I felt, but all the actors do a great job. And you'll be within spitting distance of Hugh no matter where you sit :p

13. danoyse

I’m looking forward to it. I’ve been staying away from the reviews to stay spoiler-free, since it sounds like something you have to see for yourself. I have no idea if my folks will like it or not, but my mom loves Hugh so they’ll be fine.

That theater is so tiny! I saw the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and the Rocky Horror Show there.

14. danoyse

Saw The River today. I think I liked it better than the last play he did with Daniel Craig. You’re not quite sure where this one is going until you get to the end, and it was pretty sad when it got there, but the whole cast was amazingly good, so I really enjoyed it.

15. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger