Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread - Part 1

It's a great time to be a Quicksilver fan. What's that like 10 people?

Well people blamed fox for annoucing QS for DOFP as some kindof of one-up-manship for AOU. Same applies to Marvel now for including them in TWS ahead of DOFP.

So why aren't you on a crusade to defend Marvel like you've been doing for Fox all this time? It's funny how you get defensive whenever someone calls Singer out on it, but the moment someone suggests MS might be doing the same you're perfectly happy to encourage it. Double standard much?

The whole thing is stupid and will be resolved by the quality of the characters themselves anyway, not some imagined rivalry conjured up by fans on a movie site.

It's a great time to be a Quicksilver fan. What's that like 10 people?
:pal: THIS.
I always thought that Quicksilver was kind of a boring character. Didn't really know he had so many fans.

Well people blamed fox for annoucing QS for DOFP as some kindof of one-up-manship for AOU. Same applies to Marvel now for including them in TWS ahead of DOFP.

Of course they will attack Fox and Singer for daring to quicksilver In DOFP
while they are ok with Disney/MS putting post credit scene just to spit
X-Men.

I always thought that Quicksilver was kind of a boring character. Didn't really know he had so many fans.

Don't get me wrong I do like the character (as I do with most of Marvel's roster) but he was never held in high regard. So it's pretty funny to see that everyone cares about him all of a sudden. In fact I'll be surprised if the general audience even knows they're the same character.

fans will care when its any excuse to get the pitch forks out :p

I think that there would be still this nerdrage, but to a lesser degree if Whedon wasn't already using the character in AoU.

I never really appreciated Quicksilver as a character either. But I do enjoy that his powers and personality go hand-in-hand for the most part. He's very quick to judge and impulsive. Based off of what Evan Peters said at Comic-Con, it appears they're really using his powers to flesh out his personality (which is good!).

I must say, I always liked the X-Men Evolution Quicksilver.

X-Men.

Good lord, give it a rest. No one is upset Quicksilver is in DOFP - he has every right to be in an X-Men movie per the contract between both studios.

People aren't fond of his look - big whoop. At the end of the day, those same people are still going to see DOFP in the theater anyway so who cares. And you know what, if Peters plays a good Pietro than guess what? Despite his silly appearance they may end up still liking him.

This whole war you're trying to play up between groups of people is so juvenile.

Good lord, give it a rest. No one is upset Quicksilver is in DOFP - he has every right to be in an X-Men movie per the contract between both studios.

People aren't fond of his look - big whoop. At the end of the day, those same people are still going to see DOFP in the theater anyway so who cares. And you know what, if Peters plays a good Pietro than guess what? Despite his silly appearance they may end up still liking him.

This whole war you're trying to play up between groups of people is so juvenile.

nvU2r6D.gif

I never really appreciated Quicksilver as a character either. But I do enjoy that his powers and personality go hand-in-hand for the most part. He's very quick to judge and impulsive. Based off of what Evan Peters said at Comic-Con, it appears they're really using his powers to flesh out his personality (which is good!).

Peters is really a good actor. I'm sure he'll do fine.

X-Factor Quicksilver circa mid 90s was awesome.

X-Men.

For someone who likes to accuse others of starting Marvel vs X-Men/FOX arguments…every time I enter an X-Thread you seem to always be the one starting these arguments.

He runs fast. What's not to like?

He runs fast. What's not to like?

He'd make a helluva adulterer. Husband opens the door and sees his wife in bed with Pietro, he not only has time to finish in bed but to get out, get dressed and run out of their before the husband can take his first step into the room

He ought to run down to the beauty parlor 23 times until they fix his hair.

He ought to run down to the beauty parlor 23 times until they fix his hair.

Hahaha!

Personally I'm looking forward to both interpretations of Quicksilver and I'm not expecting Whedon's version to look all that comic accurate either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"