Cats or Dogs?

I'm sorry to hear that, Cali.

Thanks. She was a sweet little dog who loved nothing more than to curl up next to us. I'm really glad she had the pups. The other day, her daughter, Shortstop, was curled up on the back couch pillows at my mom's house (she likes it up there because she can put her head next to mine) and she looked exactly like her mom (but champagne colored like her dad). It made me really happy to know that we still had a little part of her with us.

Shortstop.jpg

That is the meanest looking cat I've ever seen. S/he don't look so happy. I would move out of the way and take my dogs with me (they wouldn't need any encouragement LOL).

I’ve had cats since I was 10 years old and never wanted or liked dogs. My ex-wife whined until we got two dogs. They made me love cats even more than before.

Cats all the way.

Interesting tattoo...

257964057_4359958640796753_8524202489669906085_n.jpg

Interesting tattoo...

257964057_4359958640796753_8524202489669906085_n.jpg

Needs more scratch marks. I had a cat with an extra claw on its front feet. I've heard it's not that uncommon.

Needs more scratch marks. I had a cat with an extra claw on its front feet. I've heard it's not that uncommon.
Polydactyl. It's actually permitted in purebred Maine Coons (the extra toes give them big snowshoe feet in order to cross deep snow in colder climates).

Cats but I like both. I know very few IRL who feel the same way as me though.

Someone should start a Cat thread.

Why not both? They are equally cute. However, if I have to pick, I will keep a cat because I don't need to walk it.

If I were forced to have one as a pet, I'd pick cats because they're much more savvy, independent, and less high maintenance than dogs. But ultimately I like dogs better.

Why not both? They are equally cute. However, if I have to pick, I will keep a cat because I don't need to walk it.
LOL. Reminds me of the post above.

Who's smarter? Based on this highly scientific video, I say cats. But you could argue that the cat is a reckless idiot and the dogs are being sensibly cautious.

Who's smarter? Based on this highly scientific video, I say cats. But you could argue that the cat is a reckless idiot and the dogs are being sensibly cautious.

Science tells us that dogs are probably smarter based on the number of neurons in their brains, but that isn't 100% conclusive. My dog, a long legged miniature poodle, for example, figured out how to open the back door and get into the house when the female was in heat. He also figured out how to lift and open the latch on the cage we had her in. When we wrapped wire around the latch, he tried to bite through it and pull it off so he could open the latch. In other words, he was smart enough that I have my Avatar on the hype.

Cats are better at being cats and dogs are better at being dogs. It's probably a mistake to look at intelligence in completely human terms.

My dog, a long legged miniature poodle, for example, figured out how to open the back door and get into the house when the female was in heat. He also figured out how to lift and open the latch on the cage we had her in...

Impressive smarts. :toth

But take this fellow. They tried to thwart him by installing a water hazard. Didn't work. :cwink:

gYW2j95.gif

Impressive smarts. :toth

But take this fellow. They tried to thwart him by installing a water hazard. Didn't work. :cwink:

gYW2j95.gif

That's the kind of handle we have on our backdoor. He was tall enough to reach up with his paws, pull it down and push the door open.

when I was a little kid my black lab mix could open the screen door of our side porch if the outside door was open he would stand up on his rear legs and press his paw against the inside release latch by pushing on the 'peddle' thus opening the door we would have to let him back in but the fact he could let himself out was pretty damn awesome not gonna lie.

when I was a little kid my black lab mix could open the screen door of our side porch if the outside door was open he would stand up on his rear legs and press his paw against the inside release latch by pushing on the 'peddle' thus opening the door we would have to let him back in but the fact he could let himself out was pretty damn awesome not gonna lie.

Love Labs. They have the nicest disposition. I had a Yellow Lab (American version) when I lived down by the beach in Santa Cruz. He's sit on the front porch and wait for me to come home and walk him down to the beach. I'd take a tennis ball and throw it as far out into the ocean as possible. He'd go crashing through the waves and swim, literally 60 or so yards back repeatedly. Very athletic. Man, he loved his tennis ball and was extremely athletic. I have a picture of him about 6 or so feet in the air catching the ball and will post it when I get a chance. I used to call him "Air Moe".

Their tails are deadly weapons. I can't count the times I had to pick up something off the floor (often liquid) that was swept off the coffee table.:hrt::hrt::hrt: I'd give anything to still be doing that. :csad:

A couple of my mini poodles this Xmas.

Shortstop and tree.jpg

Clyde's Couch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"