CBS is Bringing MacGyver Back to Television

:wow: :hmr: :ilv:

When did Amy join the show?

Was announced a few weeks ago, only a guest appearance though (will play someone who has a history with George Eads's character)

Looks like the reshoots worked, cause this is a much more appealing trailer

MacGyver trailer

it's not really grabbing me... I'll stick with CBS's other show in this vein, Scorpion...

I'm looking forward to it but I don't like how much they changed Jack Dalton. It looks like they just retained Eads' "Lincoln" character but slapped a familiar name on him.

The poster sort of reminds me of an old MacGyver episode where he uses a map to patch a hole on a hot air balloon, except this is more jingoistic.

I'll check this out but not too sure about this yet. I do hope they keep the theme tune, but I have a feeling they probably won't.

I wonder if they'll ever release the original pilot.

Is there no Pete Thornton character in this?

I'll check this out but not too sure about this yet. I do hope they keep the theme tune, but I have a feeling they probably won't.

I wonder if they'll ever release the original pilot.

Is there no Pete Thornton character in this?

The theme will be back, I believe, but it will be part of a new theme. At least that's what I took from a Q & A session about the show.

Pete has been gender-swapped into Patricia Thornton, played by Sandrine Holt.

Well that sucks. Why didn't they make George Eads Pete Thornton then? He could've shaved his head. Then they could've had a female as Jill Dalton. Or Jacqueline "Jack" Dalton.

Horrible poster. I hate the smug look of the character who does not scream MacGyver to me at all.

If this poster is supposed to convince people to watch this re-make....CBS has failed miserably.:csad:
CBS is going to great lengths to screw up everything on their network and this might be another one but I'll still watch the pilot in spite of their efforts.

Are they the ones making that awful looking Lethal Weapon show too?

everytime I see that smug and arrogant look of the new Mac actor in trailers and promo spots on tv, I just have the urge to stomp him a mudhole and punch out his lights...

that one's a FOX gem... :whatever:... and a FAIL... and I hope it DOES, as well as MacGyver, just what I've seen from them both so far...

I don't think so. I think the ones who are making this show are the ones who remade Hawaii Five-0, which has done reasonably well. Apparently the show creators know that they have to retain certain classic elements of the original while updating others. So this could be in good hands if Hawaii Five-0 is anything to go by.

everytime I see that smug and arrogant look of the new Mac actor in trailers and promo spots on tv, I just have the urge to stomp him a mudhole and punch out his lights...

BRTky.jpg

[YT]_NjqkzTBdwY[/YT]

urgh, really wish they could of left the theme alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"