CBS is Bringing MacGyver Back to Television

Pretty fun episode with Mac helping Murdoc get his son back from his even more devious ex. Murdoc is back in federal custody (in exchange for his son going into protective custody) so it looks like it'll be a while before he's out to cause Mac any more grief.

That is until he escapes prison... again. Probably before the end of the season.

Pretty fun episode with Mac helping Murdoc get his son back from his even more devious ex. Murdoc is back in federal custody (in exchange for his son going into protective custody) so it looks like it'll be a while before he's out to cause Mac any more grief.
This show is made by the same team which had Wo Fat blow down the walls of a supermax prison stateside in time to die in Hawaii 5-0's 100th episode.

So we now know that Matty was married or at least engaged but he went on a deep cover CIA mission and hasn't been heard from since. I'm betting a future episode will be dealing with them trying to find him.

So it looks like the show will be losing George Eads. Was wondering was up with him since he's been notably absent a few episodes. Sounds as if he's been trying to leave since S1 due to the show filming in Atlanta rather than in LA when he initially signed on. Either they'll replace him with another character who can protect Mac and Co. or they'll just continue with Mac, Bozer, and Riley as the main team with him occasionally guest starring.

George Eads To Exit CBS’ ‘MacGyver’

Last edited:
I had no idea he was wanting to leave but now with this report it's been from the beginning apparently. No word on what the "altercation" on set was that was the final straw.

So tonight's episode was the last one with George Eads' Jack as part of the main cast. He's rejoining the military to hunt down a terrorist leader they thought was dead but is still alive. Jack mentioned to Mac that his replacement has already been chosen and referred to that person as her, meaning the team will be getting another woman added.

Based on some BTS stuff of the show's filming, it looks like an actress named Levy Tran has been filming on episodes 15-18 so far and supposedly is playing an ex-CIA agent. I would have preferred a guy replacing Jack since with female agents, this show just doesn't seem to know how to write for them (i.e. Isabel Lucas' Cage and Reign Edwards' Leanna) without making the characters seem a little too Mary Sue-y and/or have dull personalities. Hopefully she's either just a temporary fill-in for the rest of the season because Eads' departure caught them off-guard or she's developed properly and turns into a likable and useful character.

Last edited:
I think we're all ok with this.

Even though the ep was a bit weak I thought it was a great introduction to Desi, I was never a big fan of Jack anyway so she's already an upgrade for me, Levy Tran was good in the role, she struck a good balance of badass/professional/enigmatic/likable.

Even though the ep was a bit weak I thought it was a great introduction to Desi, I was never a big fan of Jack anyway so she's already an upgrade for me, Levy Tran was good in the role, she struck a good balance of badass/professional/enigmatic/likable.
they went too far into making jack seem too dumb compared to his(George Eads ) CSI the original series Role .

I do like the new agent she'll be interesting/fun to watch and under stands tech & science.

Tristin-Mays-170020cfbde596f07.jpg

Tristin-Mays-23c61cdd7e681542d.jpg

Tristin-Mays-39091172e3904f89c.jpg

Tristin-Mays-4382e47d76f6ca52b.jpg

Tristin-Mays-503f832ffbd69f651.jpg

Tristin-Mays-6.jpg

Tristin-Mays-7.jpg

The stuff at the seed farm in Greenland in the last episode was great, and this weeks upcoming episode looks pretty good.

Interesting given he is so much older than MaCgyver. Weller has been directing episodes of Hawaii Five-0 and a recent Magnum and I see he's directed a couple of eps of MacGyver so no surprise to see him end up in the show as well as they all have the same producer.

I assume by "evil twin" he is going to be a creative genius like MacGyver only for the bad guys.

Oh this I like.

He sounds one step away from Spacey territory.

This show seems to have lost its footing. I miss Jack and the whole forced romantic relationship between Mac & Desi was unnecessary.

This show seems to have lost its footing. I miss Jack and the whole forced romantic relationship between Mac & Desi was unnecessary.

I actually prefer Desi as the teams ass kicker but the romance with her and Mac doesn't work, especially when you know it's just a vehicle to get to Mac and Riley who he has actual chemistry with.

Mac & Riley make a unique pairing that i never took into account that they could have romance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"