CC vs Ads!

I thought it was hijack software at first, because anytime I clicked anything, it took me to the John Wick Itunes page.

We're talking about it in he staff area (message sent to the boss)....I too had found that changing your screen size keeps it from happening for me.....so try that for now.

Me too at least in edge.. this John Wick ad is a pain

Yeah John Wick is taking over the whole site, it's nearly impossible to get around

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one the John Wick 2 ad hardly lets me click anything even with no ad over it and it takes me to the Itunes ordeal for John Wick 2.

If I just buy this damn John Wick 2, will I be able to navigate the site again???

The John Wick 2 ad prevents browsing with Micro$oft Edge, but not Firefox. Stick with the latter, if you use it.

Mirko is aware of the problem, has people looking into it.

Until then....I say again....for me, upping my screen size has solved the problem.

We're talking about it in he staff area (message sent to the boss)....I too had found that changing your screen size keeps it from happening for me.....so try that for now.

It does, but it's still really frustrating. Hell, I had to resize the page just to click the quote button.

I know it's being looked into now but before that it was the Hong King one. Citizen Watch one. On my work computer it's fine because I use Opera but at home I'm on Chrome because of Mac. I just don't know why SHH is always have these ad issues.

The Hype has sold it's soul :csad:

Infuriating.

30u33pl.png

Someone made an executive decision to eliminate popups, pop-unders, rollovers, and all that other annoying crap for logged in members on this site.

I'll see what's it like when I'm at home later. :up:

I'm having a minor annoyance. Mobile ads (at least on my device) load about two seconds after the actual site, and when they do, they push the screen down. That has led me to open unintended threads many times.

There's not that many ads are there? Much worse out there for sure

I'm having a minor annoyance. Mobile ads (at least on my device) load about two seconds after the actual site, and when they do, they push the screen down. That has led me to open unintended threads many times.

are you logged in when this happens?

Yes. If it's any help, here are screenshots describing what is happening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170607-090416.png
    Screenshot_20170607-090416.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 8
  • sketch-1496816209101.png
    sketch-1496816209101.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 8
Seeing a bunch of ads, popups even with Adblock plus on my issh.

No, I dont want to buy a goddamn hyundai.

Seeing a bunch of ads, popups even with Adblock plus on my issh.

No, I dont want to buy a goddamn hyundai.

^This exactly. Started happening today. Seems to be ******* with my sig too.

Edit: Interesting - just edited this post and the sig returned to normal.

2nd Edit: No, it's gone again

Last edited:
Nor do I want to sail to the Statue of Liberty! :wall:

Last edited:
Started having problems with ads, both on my macbook at home this weekend and on my Windows7 at work this morning (browsing in Chrome on both, and both have AdBlockPlus). The biggest hangup seems to be with the 'video' ads at the bottom of posts:

tumblr_ooarqr7f1j1tlns7wo3_r1_1280.jpg

That absolutely kill/slow down everything (see all those SHH tabs along the top, before the ads started showing up I could open those all up no problem, now more than half of those are "oops - Chrome ran out of memory" - also, I only have that many SHH tabs open when I'm 'catching up' first thing in the morning - especially if I've largely stayed offline during the weekend).

The weird thing is, I right clicked on that ad to 'inspect element' to see if I could figure out something I could put into the AdBlockPlus filter to get it to go away and now suddenly, it's gone (as are all other ads...even when I refresh the page). Whether you guys did something at the exact time I 'inspected element' clicked that, or something else weird is going on, I don't know) - I'll accept the reprieve whatever the cause. But seriously, all the ads are annoying, but that video ad spot is the worst (at least for me)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"