Cell Arc 1 or 2 movies?

Water Wagon

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was wondering if the movies are a big success and got as far as the Cell Arc would it be adapted into 1 or 2 movies.

I could see the Saiyan, Freeza and Buu sagas being into 1 movie, but with the Cell saga theyd have to introduce Trunks, Androids, Cell and everything else jammed in.

But i think they could also set up Cell for the next movie.

lol you see cell in maybe 2 movies but buu not?lol
buu is longer and have more hings in it like fusions and stuff
cell can do 2 movies but he fully transform in the second then,,
btw i would love to see cell in real live action, more than every enemy of goku!

Buu could very easily be done in 1 movie, i have a feeling if it got as far as Buu theyd leave Goten and Trunks out of it.

Save the fusion for Vegito

End of Movie 3 (Freiza) Trunks shows up with the Z-Fighters and says, "Where's Goku?"

Then movie 4 is all Cell. I think it could work keeping him in one movie. I mean, as long as its interesting, a long movie could work if needed.

the buu saga is very long but there are ways to shorten it in a feature film.

im sure they can shorten the buu saga theres lots of stuff you can take out that has nothing to do with the story.

They should condense each arc to one movie. But have it be as long as 180 minutes at the most and 190 at the most.

I'd say 1 movie. i also think if they can manage to adapt the whole story of z than freeza would have the longest movie.

...even tho when they say namek will be gone in five minutes, it'll mean 5 MINUTES

End of Movie 3 (Freiza) Trunks shows up with the Z-Fighters and says, "Where's Goku?"

Then movie 4 is all Cell. I think it could work keeping him in one movie. I mean, as long as its interesting, a long movie could work if needed.

The prob is that the androids/cell saga does a double bluff that the other sagas don`t.

Piccilo saga is straightforward. Piccilo turns up, wants dragonballs, fights goku and is defeated.
Same for the saiyen saga. Raditz warns them. They train. Vegeta turns up. Wants dragonball. Fights goku and gets defeated.
And the frieza saga. They head to namek. Frieza is there. Frieza wants the dragonballs. He fights goku. He is defeated.
And the buu saga. Buu turns up, wants to wipe out universe (well kid buu does), fights goku and vegeta. Is defeated.

There is more meat to them than that but that is the basic structure. underlying the lengthy stories.

The prob with the android/cell saga is it includes a twist which is integral. The begining of the story features the androids as the threat and they evidently want to destroy goku. The plot progresses and then cell turns up as the real threat. He absorbs them and evolves. He fights gohan and is defeated.

It seems simple but lets keep in mind that fox loves 90 min movies. To have the whole android/cell saga in 90 mins you either have to...

a)have to cut a lot of the android story which would be annoying as the androids are very cool and to have them as just one-line fodder to be absorbed by cell would be a great diservice to the original source material. We would also miss out on vegeat getting his arm bust up which will be an undoubted highlight.

b) have cell only turn up at the end. Kinda like venom in sm-3. which undoubtably sucked. so that isn`t a good plan either.

the best way is to have mech-frieza turning up, getting diced by trunks, the whole warning about the androids, the hunt for gero, the death of gero, the first appearance of the androids, their hunt for goku and their fights with the z-fighters in the first movie. With an end of credits clip showing a larval cell crawling out of the beaten up time machine.

Then in the second movie you feature trunks and gohan finding the time pod, their discovery of the larval shell, the devastation caused by stage 1 cell, piccilo vs stage 1 cell w/ cell`s origin explained, cell`s escape, cell vs android 17, cell stage 2, cell vs vegeta and trunks, vegeta allows cell to absorb 18, third stage cell ie perfect cell, cell defeats vegeta, plans his cell games, cell games begin w/hercule (mr satan) included in some form for comic relief, cell vs goku, defeats goku, cell vs gohan and cells eventual defeat.

It also works out better as you would have a franchise pan out thusly...

Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball Z - Frieza Saga
Dragonball Z - Android Saga
Dragonball Z - Cell Saga
Dragonball Z - Buu Saga

So an nice double trilogy as opposed to just 5 films if you have androids and cell as one movie.

I think 5 whould work better. sure it'll be a crouded movie, but I don't think theres enough story for each half of the cell/andriods saga to have there own hour and a half movie. ur prolly thinking why if theres not that much story, than howcome it was so many eposdes. well don't 4get 5 minutes in dbz can equal 20 episodes sometimes. plus instead of doing the cell games, he can just agree to wait for goku, because he wants to see how strong he become, and if he'll be more of a chalange than trunks and vegeta.

I think 5 whould work better. sure it'll be a crouded movie, but I don't think theres enough story for each half of the cell/andriods saga to have there own hour and a half movie. ur prolly thinking why if theres not that much story, than howcome it was so many eposdes. well don't 4get 5 minutes in dbz can equal 20 episodes sometimes. plus instead of doing the cell games, he can just agree to wait for goku, because he wants to see how strong he become, and if he'll be more of a chalange than trunks and vegeta.

But think of all the events that occurred during the android and cell sagas, alot of events which are either plot important or which the fans would hate to see disappear..

• set up the film and get events started.
  • Cyborg frieza.
  • future trunks turning up and warning them of the androids.
  • Goku gets sick.
  • Dr. gero and the z-fighters hunting him.
  • Dr. gero releases the androids they kill him.
  • Androids head out to find goku.
  • Androids fight vegeta and co.
  • Vegeta gets beat up bad.
  • Androids continue searching for goku.
  • Trunks and gohan find another time machine.
  • They also find a larval skin shedded by something.
  • Piccilo finds cities abandoned.
  • Piccilo meets cell.
  • Cell tells his origin.
  • Piccilo faces off against cell.
  • Cell escapes.
  • Piccilo vs 17.
  • Cell vs 17.
  • 17 is absorbed.
  • cell vs 16.
  • cell vs vegeta and trunks.
  • trunks shows off his ascended saiyan bit.
  • cell absorbs 18.
  • cell defeats vegeta.
  • cell sets up the cell games.
  • Goku gets better.
  • cell fights goku.
  • Gohan vs cell.
  • cell destroys 16.
  • gohan defeats cell.
  • wrapping up all the events.

You can`t fit that into 90 mins and how many of those plot points can be hacked away with massive fan annoyance.

But think of all the events that occurred during the android and cell sagas, alot of events which are either plot important or which the fans would hate to see disappear..

• set up the film and get events started.
  • Cyborg frieza.
  • future trunks turning up and warning them of the androids.
  • Goku gets sick.
  • Dr. gero and the z-fighters hunting him.
  • Dr. gero releases the androids they kill him.
  • Androids head out to find goku.
  • Androids fight vegeta and co.
  • Vegeta gets beat up bad.
  • Androids continue searching for goku.
  • Trunks and gohan find another time machine.
  • They also find a larval skin shedded by something.
  • Piccilo finds cities abandoned.
  • Piccilo meets cell.
  • Cell tells his origin.
  • Piccilo faces off against cell.
  • Cell escapes.
  • Piccilo vs 17.
  • Cell vs 17.
  • 17 is absorbed.
  • cell vs 16.
  • cell vs vegeta and trunks.
  • trunks shows off his ascended saiyan bit.
  • cell absorbs 18.
  • cell defeats vegeta.
  • cell sets up the cell games.
  • Goku gets better.
  • cell fights goku.
  • Gohan vs cell.
  • cell destroys 16.
  • gohan defeats cell.
  • wrapping up all the events.

You can`t fit that into 90 mins and how many of those plot points can be hacked away with massive fan annoyance.

I think we can make it where the 1st androids we see are 17 and 18, and when they get unleashed they kill human gero. (similar to trunks' timeline in the show.) and we can make cells 1st apearence him fighting piccolo and 17. i think theres ways to combine some important story elements, and leave out others. (19 wasn't all that cool.)

I think we can make it where the 1st androids we see are 17 and 18, and when they get unleashed they kill human gero. (similar to trunks' timeline in the show.) and we can make cells 1st apearence him fighting piccolo and 17. i think theres ways to combine some important story elements, and leave out others. (19 wasn't all that cool.)

That still wouldn`t cut it down to 90 mins. You would have to lose important 17 and 18 scenes or important cell scenes. So you would either make 17 and 18 seem pointless cannon fodder or you`d make cell like venom in spidey 3.

It would just be easier to have 2 90 min movies and allow the story the room to play out.

That still wouldn`t cut it down to 90 mins. You would have to lose important 17 and 18 scenes or important cell scenes. So you would either make 17 and 18 seem pointless cannon fodder or you`d make cell like venom in spidey 3.

It would just be easier to have 2 90 min movies and allow the story the room to play out.

no, cell would be more like davey jones in PotC2. he didn't actually show up till half way thru that movie.

no, cell would be more like davey jones in PotC2. he didn't actually show up till half way thru that movie.

But that proves my point. Davey Jones turned up halfway through because it was 2 films back to back. If the events of potc 2 and 3 couldn`t have been fit into one film then the android and cell sagas can`t be fit into one film either.

I mean if you rushed the events you might just fit it into a 2 and half hour flick but a) fox doesn`t do 2 and half hour movies usually b) why rush the events and have no time for dialogue scenes or charatcer development just to fit it all into 1 movie?

But that proves my point. Davey Jones turned up halfway through because it was 2 films back to back. If the events of potc 2 and 3 couldn`t have been fit into one film then the android and cell sagas can`t be fit into one film either.

I mean if you rushed the events you might just fit it into a 2 and half hour flick but a) fox doesn`t do 2 and half hour movies usually b) why rush the events and have no time for dialogue scenes or charatcer development just to fit it all into 1 movie?

ya, but the 3rd 1 had about as much to do w/ the 2nd movie as the 2nd movie had to do w/ the first. what I'm saying is they could have ended the story of the 2nd pirate movie easily. most of the stuff that hapened in AWE was unrealated to the actions of the 1st 2. (do u know wut im sayin?)

ya, but the 3rd 1 had about as much to do w/ the 2nd movie as the 2nd movie had to do w/ the first. what I'm saying is they could have ended the story of the 2nd pirate movie easily. most of the stuff that hapened in AWE was unrealated to the actions of the 1st 2. (do u know wut im sayin?)

yeah but it was loosely connected to the third film. Especially in relation to Davey Jones. Davey Jones was introduced in POTC DMC but didn`t fight until POTC:AWE. So although you could have not bothered making the 3rd movie that would have taken something away from the character as we would have had a cool character setup who would never have had an actual fight with anyone. The charactter only works as a whole because of his intro in potc 2 and the payoff in potc3.

Here's how they could have ended # 2. davey jones fights jack and will kills him to rescue his father. and since it's in the 2nd movie, he doesn't need to take jones place. end of story. but ya, the more I think about it the more I think it could work both ways. 1 or 2 movies 4 cell and androids. I just think that even though they'd cover less ground by combining the stories in 1 film, I'd still prefer the streem lined version.

They should leave out Android 19 and 16.

Just have the main ones.

And they should maybe leave out Cyborg Freeza

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"