Apocalypse Certified Fresh or Fresh or Rotten? The ROTTEN TOMATOES Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I think they made just about every wrong decision they could with that movie.

Hahahaha ^ that won't happen in this. They don't do anything on that level. I still remember watching Last Stand and thinking wtf and then when Rogue walks in and said she got the cure I turned to my sister and said lets ****en leave lol. It was the ending anyway but I was just so pissed off.

Hahahaha ^ that won't happen in this. They don't do anything on that level. I still remember watching Last Stand and thinking wtf and then when Rogue walks in and said she got the cure I turned to my sister and said lets ****en leave lol. It was the ending anyway but I was just so pissed off.

Rogue is the biggest screwed up in the X-Men franchise imo.

I'm sure she'll be very different next time we see her.

Agreed. I think they made just about every wrong decision they could with that movie.

Well, it was Brett ****ing Ratner that directed that movie. And it was a rushed production because he decided to throw out Singer's Dark Phoenix script and focus on that dumb curr plot and to kill off main characters and cure Mystique part way through the film.

We really should never have expected that movie to be anything other than a hot steaming pile of HIV infected monkey feces.

Oh dear that 48%... 10 points lower than X3 which almost got a fresh rating!

I don't particularly blame the critics for how they've reviewed the movie. I can kind of understand they would.

But I loved it. Thank god.

I don't particularly blame the critics for how they've reviewed the movie. I can kind of understand they would.

Sithborg, we are of one mind on this movie! I was sitting there thinking, "yeah, this probably should get around 50% on rt... but I want more"

I honestly could have sat there for another 2.5 hours.

Sithborg, we are of one mind on this movie! I was sitting there thinking, "yeah, this probably should get around 50% on rt... but I want more"

I honestly could have sat there for another 2.5 hours.

Same here I didn't want the movie to end, it went by so quickly I was so into it.

I'm so happy that all the other users on here are finally watching it.

Yeah, I can see why it got some of the reviews it did....but hell, I enjoyed it anyway. What worked outweighed what didn’t. At least for me.

The faults that people are finding with this film are the faults I found with FC. I actually put XMA above FC, easily. DoFP is still this trilogies X2, though.

Yeah, I can see why it got some of the reviews it did....but hell, I enjoyed it anyway. What worked outweighed what didn’t. At least for me.

So true the good very much outweighed the bad for me as well.

XMA is the most comic-booky X-film we've had. Glad we are moving in that direction.

Guess this will be one of those times when critics and audience reactions are polar opposite.

Screw the critics tbh. I loved it lol. I'm probz not gonna be going back to rt to check the score anymore

Who cares about the score all that matters is you enjoyed the movie. None of the friends I went with bothered checking it on RT we just went and all enjoyed a good movie. It's best to get your own perspective on a movie.

I just got back from the theater.

Where do I write a quickie review? Here? Who's awake?

I think the User Rate, Review, and React thread is what you are looking for.

EDIT: Anywhere works as well. It's all chaos in the post release madness.

It's not shocking that critics aren't taking to it. The film isn't bad it's not good either. I think it's a solidly okay movie. Apocalypse is a lousy antagonist and does look like a power rangers villain. Many of the visual effects are poorish. The performances were fine and it had some really good scenes. It's too bad it all feels so rehashy, so derivative.

6/10

Anywhere! :yay:

Well, this is what I posted earlier. But I'll add my own score here for the sake of this thread's topic:

7/10

Overall...I really, really liked it. So many great things were done:

1.) The classic opening sequence with the standard X-Men score fare--sent chills down my spine
2.) The actors are soooooo good with what they're given
3.) It was nice seeing a different villain than Magneto for once
4.) Great balance of humor and action
5.) I was THRILLED with the arrivals of the new Scott, Jean and Storm
6.) And speaking of Jean....something she did left me speechless and our entire audience cheering

But sadly...there was a LOT wrong with this film and I can see why the critics are hammering it so badly. As a diehard X-Men fan I try to look at things in an unbiased way and yes...the reviews are right about a number of things. There were many, MANY missed opportunities, especially with a number of the characters. There were many times where I felt the film was about to embark on sheer greatness but it kept getting in its own way.

It is also clear that FOX is feeling the pressure of Marvel Studios' success: this film was trying to be Avengers in terms of style and that's just not what Bryan Singer is made of. It's not his gift. But I applaud Bryan for trying. It was refreshing to see an effort to break free of the "realistic" X-Men approach he started 16 years ago.

For the umpteenth time: get rid of that damn Kinberg. :rant:

i think it will end with better rt score than bvs but the box office will be lower than bvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"