Apocalypse Certified Fresh or Fresh or Rotten? The ROTTEN TOMATOES Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
See all I had to do was post a gif of a smiling tree to get my point across. :o

Being less than an 80% and not being fresh certified is an aberration.

TRUST ME, I'm not a blinded fanboy. I've always criticized The Last Stand, Origins Wolverine, even The Wolverine on its flaws.

I LOVED X-Men Apocalypse. I loved the feels. The nods to previous movies. The dialogue.

I still don't understand why this rating.

I do believe most of the critics expect to see a MCU fan-fest on every comic book movie they review.

I think we all have our favorites. Maybe instead of a C, we'd give something a B.

But I've seen enough posters across different messageboards where you know how they're going to vote from a mile away. "I know this movie isn't getting the best reviews, but I'm going to rely on my own experience." After seeing movie,"Oh wow!!!!! It was a masterpiece. They couldn't have done it any better. (Insert director here) did it!!!
No, my favorites are go like this, "It is fantastic, sure it had issues, but no movie is perfect". Then you see them go and post about a movie from a rival studio with a good RT score, "It was okay, I don't get what the hype was about. Overrated". :funny:

TRUST ME, I'm not a blinded fanboy. I've always criticized The Last Stand, Origins Wolverine, even The Wolverine on its flaws.

I LOVED X-Men Apocalypse. I loved the feels. The nods to previous movies. The dialogue.

I do believe most of the critics expect to see a MCU fan-fest on every comic book movie they review.
Why did you lie to us in the same post? At least space it out. :funny:

And yes, because DoFP and Deadpool are very MCU fan-fest friendly. :doh:

Hmmm, what dominance was had in 2014? DOFP won that year haha ;)
It did
but Marvel put out at least 2 films that year
so combined revenue ... vote MCU

also

GOTG mad overrated
I enjoyed it but the ending was extremely underwhelming

It did
but Marvel put out at least 2 films that year
so combined revenue ... vote MCU

also

GOTG mad overrated
I enjoyed it but the ending was extremely underwhelming
GotG won the year by itself. Yeah that mad overrated movie about D-listers won.

That was worse foreplay then me and I SEE SPIDEY. I now understand Sawyer discomfort.

Sir or Madam, your last paragraph is a falsehood of the highest order.

One, Loki is stronger then Iron Man. All the Asgardians are.

Eh, while I agree with the rest of your post, I actually wouldn't go with this. Thor certainly is way stronger than Iron Man, but I think its a stretch to say all the rest are definitely stronger. I'd say Loki is either as strong as Iron Man, or a little less so. I'm comfortable saying he's *tougher*, certainly, if only because he has superhuman stamina and endurance to back up his raw durability, and isn't reliant on armor that can be damaged.

Loki's fairly harsh beatdown of Cap in Avengers 1, compared to how Iron Man did, is at least as much because Loki is far more agile and skilled than Iron Man.

there is some truth to it.some critics are like why can't x-men have fun like the avengers.
Days of Future Past came out after The Avengers and got very good reviews from the vast majority of critics. How do you explain that?

lol cmon man
the last 2 Cap movies were not the happy go jolly MCU films trend
and folks loved it
TDK wasnt either and its one of the best CMB films ever , and recognized as the best of among reviewers

I think we all have our favorites. Maybe instead of a C, we'd give something a B.

But I've seen enough posters across different messageboards where you know how they're going to vote from a mile away. "I know this movie isn't getting the best reviews, but I'm going to rely on my own experience." After seeing movie,"Oh wow!!!!! It was a masterpiece. They couldn't have done it any better. (Insert director here) did it!!!

Hmmmm. That's very funny that you say that because we can also see those who were never going to like this movie from a mile away. They constantly talk about what they don't like l about these x-men movies, automatically believed the negative reviews but never paid much attention to what people liked, said they were either going to lower their expectations or not go at all, started talking about reboots (for what?) or giving rights to marvel or firing the whole staff, finally watch the movie and then come back here and......GASP!!!..said they didn't like the movie! We would have never known by what you've been posting all along!

I thought DOFP was going to be bad. I changed my mind.

Days of Future Past came out after The Avengers and got very good reviews from the vast majority of critics. How do you explain that?

And it seems like the critics are using FC and DoFP comparisons more than MCU ones.

Fresh: Apocalypse includes everything you'd want in an X-Men movie, including two of the best superhero set pieces ever. But after Days Of Future Past, it feels a tad underwhelming.

Rotten: Following two excellent entries, this third prequel sets out to deliver a grandiose adventure with a cataclysmic dramatic reckoning, but mostly falls flat.

lol cmon man
the last 2 Cap movies were not the happy go jolly MCU films trend
and folks loved it
TDK wasnt either and its one of the best CMB films ever , and recognized as the best of among reviewers
People largely ignore that the Captain America films have been serious films. Sure there is levity in them but for the most part they are serious films. That's part of the reason that I like them the most out of all of the MCU films.

Last edited:
I thought DOFP was going to be bad. I changed my mind.

As did alot of people with First Class. There wasn't much good will with that film prior to the release.

Sir or Madam, your last paragraph is a falsehood of the highest order.

Just my opinion :yay:

I'm a more emotion-driven person. That's why I enjoy the X-Men Universe more than the MCU. I don't want to raise a controversy on here but, I loved all of the emotional scenes on XM:A. Which in my opinion is something Civil War lacked. And don't get me wrong, Civil War is an amazing movie. I had lot of fun. But in the end it was just a fan-fest. No further substance. Besides the scene of the reveal of what happened to the Stark family, no more feels within the movie. Just action and fun (which again, nothing wrong with that).

It's the end times isn't it. :(

Nah, just a Thur in the X forums.

I will never understand this zero sum game fanboys play. If you don't like what I like, you must hate it. Or you can only like one property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"