The Mandalorian Chapter 19 Spoiler Discussion

this was clearly a rangers of a new republic episode and a whole lot of eh

This Scientist guy:

mob-gangster.gif

Quite possibly the coolest opening to a Mandalorian episode ever with the chase between the Tie Interceptors and Mando & Bo

Though the episode heavily focused on Dr. Pershing and Gideon’s former officer, I found it to be quite interesting to get insight into life in Coruscant post-ROTJ. Most of the stuff having to do with Pershing and the officer felt like something you’d see in Andor

So far this season has been taking off most excellently

Good episode. Plot development, cool action, and some interesting developments in cloning times.

Oh, and Gideon's officer is totally breaking him out.
Maybe he'll be an effective villain this time instead of coasting on trusting that Giancarlo Esposito can just sound intimidating. :o

I'm not sure I'll know how to feel about that episode until I see where it fits into the whole picture of the season tbh. And I got some "my buddy dragged me to a surprise Klan meeting and they inducted me" vibes from Bo-Katan at the end. :hehe:

I'm not sure I'll know how to feel about that episode until I see where it fits into the whole picture of the season tbh. And I got some "my buddy dragged me to a surprise Klan meeting and they inducted me" vibes from Bo-Katan at the end. :hehe:
Her head movement. Had real suss vibes. She's already figured out how to use this to her advantage. :hehe:

Given the two plot lines they put together, plus the title "The Convert," my assumption is they mean to draw a parallel between Bo's "conversion" and the comms officer's, a.k.a. Bo's gonna be going around saying "hey, stop being in a cult" until they stop being in a cult. :o

I thought this was a very good episode and had me waiting for the shoe to drop and when it did I felt so bad for Dr. Pershing. Different type of episode but still good. Loved the opening and the bookend of the episode and can’t wait to see where this all leads.

Rangers of the New Republic indeed. Or immigrants I guess. I absolutely loved this episode. We're finally getting a bit more "show, don't tell" about all the issues of the New Republic. Amazing use of Pershing and a random officer that said like 3 lines in season 2. Some of it was a bit on the nose, sure, but I really dig it!

Curious about what Bo's plan is. Rip her castle. Given that she didn't tell Mando about the Mythosaur, she might try to take over the entire covert. :D

I think this also takes care of the last trailer shots that we have. Going in fully blind now.

Help destroy the New Republic, when Snoke shows up. Outside shot they somehow produce fully grown Rey dad. :hehe:
Both have already been alive for years at this point. Rey's father since 12 BBY and Snoke even earlier. Guessing he was created much closer to Bad Batch. The doctor is talking about strand-casts here, which is the type of combined DNA 'clones' that Snoke and Dathan are. No other examples in canon yet. He refers to "the first casts" here.

Last edited:
Once in college, my roommate dragged me to a dinner a local church was having. He promised it "wouldn't get religious at all", and I figured a free meal is a free meal for a poor student such as myself. But in order to get to that meal, I had to sit through a three-hour lecture from a youth pastor about the dangers of promiscuity, alcohol and drugs. I thought I was just getting some lasagna, but instead I'm watching a PowerPoint about STIs and being asked to commit to a youth group that meets every Thursday. So, I understand Bo's reaction at the end. I didn't think you could see someone cringe through full armour, but I felt that.

I would also like some travel biscuits.

Amazing film quality action for the opening this episode. All the (limited) Mandalorian bits were great in the episode and the Andor-type parts interesting. Looking forward to seeing what that’s building to.

The ship battle at the beginning was really cool and exciting.

As much as I really enjoyed and was engaged by this episode, my point about the dialogue and it’s stiff delivery in this show feeling like it was generated by AI still stands.

“It’s the end of the train.” No s**t.

Also, agree about the use of the Volume. Seeing Coruscant in Andor and now here, the quality is night and day. Everything looked so flat and washed out.

Interesting how this episode to begin with two characters feeling uncertain about their current path, and ended with each of them being “inducted” into their respective collectives. Definitely got very big cult-y vibes.

If I could use one word to describe the feeling and the theme of this episode, it would be “uneasy”.

Last edited:
I also loved the change of pace in this episode. After that badass battle at the beginning, I definitely wasn't expecting us to get that much world building, but man was I eating it up.

The Pershing stuff was super interesting and the kind of stuff I want to see more of in this show. Andor already did an amazing job expanding scope while also creating more intrigue to the overall SW universe and it was really refreshing/unexpected seeing some of that influence here as well.

This much better than last week's episode IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"