• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Characters you hate but everyone else loves

I don't hate him but I don't like Daredevil. Others would be Spawn, hawkeye, gambit, cable. I think Carnage is a little overrated. I really don't/have no interest in The Senry. I loved the orginal mini but anything after I have no interest in.

Odd; I do like the Sentry (at least as an idea) and I actually have that same opinion about him. :)

I've never liked the Sentry for the exact reason that I've always hated Superman. Too much power just seems boring. I mean really, who could take these guys down?

Also: Wolverine. I don't hate, or even dislike, the character but the overexposure is killing me! This guy doesn't need to be in twenty plus books per month. It's like a good song that's been played to death. Seriously Marvel, lay off for a while.

Last edited:
Plenty of people can take Superman down. Even more now that all those Kryptonians are back since Kandor was restored to normal.

And the Sentry's power level after the first mini-series seems to have stabilized to somewhere comparable to the other major powerhouses of the Marvel universe like Hercules, Thor, the Hulk, etc.

Cable, Punisher, Bishop, Gambit (THese guys just never really grabbed me, y'know?) and pretty much the whole of the DCU, apart from the Bat-Family.

dont mean to rain on anybody else's character but..

Venom- ( sorry VenomX)sure the slobbering tongue and the white and black suit makes all sort great eye candy ,but i never saw what people see in that dude. okay! yeah peter ruined brock's reputation ,but you get past that and it's like what?like why would he go against Iron Man? great villians are not only someone's arch villian ,but can go against other Heroes too. Now the original scorpion is the dude and 20 bazillion other Venom symboites too!! forget that! Plus what the hell is with dude eating people??

Booster Gold- I dont like self absorbed jerky heroes ( yes i've looked at his new series and he's changed ,but dude stole that oufit.that's really not a great way to start off being a hero.every since then i cant stand that dude

Deadpool- yeah breaking the fourth wall and the inane banter was cool( actually i think she- hulk did it better) but once you get past that gimmick. you are left with a second rate wolverine and i am already tired of wolverine

Last edited:
Is Booster Gold really that popular? I like his costume but nothing about him ever grabbed my attention.
Oh-add Silver Surfer to my list. My problem with him (apart from not really liking the whole "galactic adventurer" angle in a comic) is similar to one of my two main problems with Spawn: Galactus/Malebolgia gave Surfer/Spawn his powers for a specific purpose; Surfer/Spawn uses said powers against Galactus/Malebolgia. Why can't Galactus/Malebolgia punish his defiant servant by taking them back?
My other really big beef w/Spawn is this: Al Simmons was dead for 5 years, right? Cyan (Terry & Wanda's kid) speaks in perfect sentences, so I figure she's at least four. When did Terry make his move? At the funeral?
Venom-the more I see of him, the less sense he makes. I hate you, I hate everything about you, but I wear your symbol & mimic your motif. You destroyed my innocence by capturing a serial killer, & yet I kill innocent people all the time. Plus, Venom has brought out the absolute WORST in Spider-Man. Cowardice & compromise are the order of the day when it comes to dealing with Venom. Spidey has gone up against baddies FAR more powerful than Venom & never once backed down, but when he sees Venom he either tries to run & hide, or cuts deals with him so Venom will leave you alone. How does that play into "With great power comes great responsibility"?

yeah booster is pretty popluar alot of people loved the Justice league with him and blue beetle and the BWAHHHAHAHA's that went along with that group of leaguers. He's popular enough that his book is still going on while in my opinion better books like Manhunter have been canceled.
Oh and on Deadpool i forgot to mention another reason for my disliked is that dude has the dubious pleasure of being created by Rob Leifield. that along warrants burning every book that dude shows up in.I pretty much hate every character every created by Leified.

Mister Sinister

Wolverine, way too overused just not the character he used to be.
Green Goblin has never really interested me either. I could never see him as spidey's chief villain ya know? probably because the guy had a man purse and a pink costume.

Heh, yeah, he's a little too much of a planner, not enough of a doer. But I suppose that's bound to happen when your primary concern is splicing genes rather than your typical world domination or getting rich or the extinction of the entire human race.

Not a big Sinister fan, either. Name is hokey, purpose is unclear. Also, I'm not big on Apocalypse. I'm not even sure what his powers are, nor what his plans are. And the guy is, what, 6,000 years old and has accomplished NOTHING? If you haven't taken over the world in 6,000 years, give it up!

He's a very, very patient villain. Just another couple eons and he'll finally be ready to strike! ;)

I always thought Apocalypse, if written well, could be a Thanos level threat.

Too bad he's almost never written well. He just pops up now and then to be angry that weak people are around and get his ass kicked by whichever mutants happen to be around at the time.

Yeah, that's why I'm not a fan of his. So much potential there, too. :(

I can't think of any characters I truly dislike at the moment, but then again I usually just focus on my favorites and ones that interest me, rather than ones who either don't hold my interest or I find to be lame.

We'll always have the Age of Apocalypse.
Which is the one & only story centered on him that I really like. At least he accomplished something!
And I have to nail Ra's Al Ghul as well, for accomplishing nothing in his 600 years.

Which is the one & only story centered on him that I really like. At least he accomplished something!
And I have to nail Ra's Al Ghul as well, for accomplishing nothing in his 600 years.

And Vandal Savage.

The Punisher. "Oh look at me, I kill mobsters. I'm such a hardass." Eat **** and die, Frank. If you do that, it'll do more good than you have since you first popped up.

Not seeing your POV there, but to each his/or her own.

Wolverine has always been overexposed. And are there actually a lot of Green Arrow fans? Connor seems Ok but Oliver annoys me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"