If Harry Potter were a comic book

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
We all know how much everyone loves Harry Potter, from men to women to little kids. But if Harry Potter was a comic book series (still written by J.K. Rowling) instead of seven books, do you think it would still be popular?

Edit

Wait, do you mean what if it started out as a comic instead, or what if they made a comic now that the books are done?

Cuz if it started out as a comic, theres noway it would have been as popular.

I can tell you that if a Harry Potter comic book was published now, it'd go straight to number one, and I'd buy 5 copies.

If it had started out as a comic book it wouldn't have been as successful i don't think
But if they started a comic series now after the 7th book has been released i think it could work (Haven't read the last book, so don't know what happens, don't spoil it plz) :D

Here's to hoping that if Harry Potter ever graces the pages of a comic book, Humberto Ramos stays the hell away from it:

ramos_potter.jpg

I can tell you that if a Harry Potter comic book was published now, it'd go straight to number one, and I'd buy 5 copies.
Same here.

And I'm not even THAT big of a fan.

Now I haven't read the last book, and don't plan to (see, told you I wasn't that big of a fan), but ideally if they put something out like Harry Potter running around as an adult, as an Auror or something that would be great. You could simply have a series of almost bounty hunter-like adventures exploring the magical world. That'd be something I'd really want to read about, personally.

Of course, I wouldn't go near the book if they made it a manga. :o

Edit

Wait, do you mean what if it started out as a comic instead, or what if they made a comic now that the books are done?

Cuz if it started out as a comic, theres noway it would have been as popular.
I meant if it started out as one. But if it did, and everyone loved it as much as they do now and gets a lot of good reviews, J.K. Rowlings might be considered the best (if not only) female comic book writer today to some.

I meant if it started out as one. But if it did, and everyone loved it as much as they do now and gets a lot of good reviews, J.K. Rowlings might be considered the best (if not only) female comic book writer today to some.
What, if Harry Potter started as a comic book, Gail Simone, Louise Simonson, Devin Grayson, and all the other female comic book writers would've ceased to exist? :confused:

They're trendy right now if you visit any college campus. They were just never good.

They're trendy right now if you visit any college campus. They were just never good.

This depends on what your definition of trendy is. I mean, I could go any trailer park in middle America and see dozens of stained wife beaters. That doesn't make it trendy.

It's trendy to the trailer park crowd. You just don't travel in the right circles. You probably don't even have to avoid any beer spills in your circles. :o

It's trendy to the trailer park crowd. You just don't travel in the right circles. You probably don't even have to avoid any beer spills in your circles. :o

I can assure you that when I'm involved, beer is never spilled.

Because you're some kind of freakishly super-coordinated drunk? :confused:

Sure, a lot of the comic buying public might think she's the awesome, but would it have attained the popularity it has as a set of novels? Sadly, no. Comics don't have the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"