Sequels Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I'd be iffy about CB just being the UK's attempt at their own Captain America. I like all the Merlin stuff. :csad:

Would CB be a FOKS property since he was in Excalibur?

I'd be iffy about CB just being the UK's attempt at their own Captain America. I like all the Merlin stuff. :csad:

Oh definately, but there's not a chance in hell CB would get a movie in his own right to show that stuff so I'd take anything I could get, frankly.

Would CB be a FOKS property since he was in Excalibur?

I would have assumed so but weirdly enough, despite the Psylocke/Nightcrawler connection I've never really saw Excalibur as an 'X' team per se. Maybe it's because I read Captain Britain and Betsy for years beforehand, I dunno. Maybe it's because Claremont and Davis kept them out of the 'X' world for the most part.

I wouldn't mind him popping up, but it would be silly to have him as a sole central character.

Captain Britain could be in a movie with the Black Knight, using the Otherworld saga as its basis, as in the early Marvel UK comics. CB could have his lionheart costume and sceptre and could get killed by the White Rider in battle but then brought back to life by Merlin and given his Union Jack costume.

Last edited:
If Wonderman comes up I want him to be played by Jake Gylinhal (can't spell), I've never seen him act, but he looks exactly like I imagine Wonder Man to be.

You know who also looks exactly like Wonder Man? (I've posted this one before on another thread):-

11-WONDERMAN-ROUTHAV11.png

That woud be an ironic bit of casting - from Superman to Wonder Man. :D

You know who also looks exactly like Wonder Man? (I've posted this one before on another thread):-

11-WONDERMAN-ROUTHAV11.png

That woud be an ironic bit of casting - from Superman to Wonder Man. :D

[YT]umDr0mPuyQc&feature=related[/YT]

I'd much rather any other woman who has been in the rooster.

Why? She is a great character, had a successful solo run in the 80ies so she proved she can work as alead character, had another awesome run in the early 2000s that showed an angle that might work as a movie, has a very charismatic fun personality that will imo connect with the audience and, personally, I think she is more interesting than her cousin, the Hulk.
Also, if MS doesn't get the rights to DD back and wants to do a courtroom drama, there is always good old Jen they could use.

If She-Hulk is going to be in any future movie, she had better not wear very much. I don't want them taking the same approach as either Elektra or the failed Wonder Woman pilot where they put the heroine in long pants, reasoning that they would be better protected and would never go around so exposed. She-Hulk doesn't need protection, and of all the characters, she is the one who should show off her body.

And as far as appealing to audiences, I think she could strike a chord with them. She has the humour and fun factor needed to be a really cool heroine, plus she would seem completely plausible as someone who could take on baddies because of her strength.

I think Joss Whedon or someone like that (maybe JJ Abrams) would be able to make her character shine for the big screen.

I don't recall Jen getting *that* involved with chickens.....:oldrazz:

But yeah, like Hythlodeus and DarkRaven said, Shulkie is awesome. She was probably the most popular female member of the Avengers for most of the 90s and early 00s, and a lot of that had to do with her great sense of humor and great writing. Writers always had fun with her.

Her part in F4 really just put me off her for good....

Her part in F4 really just put me off her for good....

You need to read John Byrne's run on her in The Sensational She-Hulk in the early 90s. Byrne is the one who *really* established the character of Shulkie.

I'll try and find it in the thousands (not exaggerating here) of comics that are lying about in my house.

You need to read John Byrne's run on her in The Sensational She-Hulk in the early 90s. Byrne is the one who *really* established the character of Shulkie.

If anything, that would put people off She-Hulk. I preferred her in Fantastic Four, where she was not such a spoofish character and didn't break the fourth wall. Sensational She-Hulk was just so whimsical and felt like a waste of time reading that. It was more like a series of skits when you think about it.

Byrne established in FF but then turned her into a joke in her own title.

How would people feel in later movies about Cap supposedly dying, and Bucky (Stan has been strongly rumoured to be signed up for 5 movies) taking his place and getting it down and jiggy with Black Widow.
That'll show Black Hawk shippers!
No but really, I love Winter Soldier.

I'm Definietly a fan of She Hulk.. Will love to see her join the franchise!! She also has probably one of the most straight forward and simple origin stories for a comic book hero....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"