Movies You'd Like To See

Thundarr

Superhero
Reaction score
This is a thread for you to post any movie ideas you have for films you'd like to see made. Is there a novel or comic book you'd like to see adapted to the big screen? Post it here. Is there a totally new and fresh idea kicking around in your head that you'd like to see? Post it here. Is there a classic movie you'd like to see remade? Post it here. Is there a TV show you'd like to see adapted into a movie? Post it here. All ideas are encouraged and valid. So get posting! I'm looking forward to reading your ideas.

I haven't read the, but they should adapt the Gabriel Hunt books.

legend of zelda (live action), final fantasy 7 (live action), gremlins 3, the last dragon remake.

A film adaptation of Full House, written and directed by Rob Zombie.

That's right.

Temeraire.

Peter Jackson recently bought the rights to it. I really, really hope it gets off the ground soon. It could be one of the most epic movies of all-time.

Adventures At Heretic's House, starring Jenna Haze

I'd like to see a Dr. Seuss adaptation in stop motion. Probably The Cat in the Hat, seeing as how the live action one was pure crap.

A film adaptation of Full House, written and directed by Rob Zombie.

That's right.

Made for $15 million dollars in two months that make Bob Saget a white trash Jerry Springer guest, Joey a pedophile, Uncle Jesse a transvestite, all three daughters as prostitutes and/or coke addicts? Then when Michelle is done killing them all all she shouts "You ****ing got it dude!"

?

Made for $15 million dollars in two months that make Bob Saget a white trash Jerry Springer guest, Joey a pedophile, Uncle Jesse a transvestite, all three daughters as prostitutes and/or coke addicts? Then when Michelle is done killing them all all she shouts "You ****ing got it dude!"

?

Exactly! ;):up:

Dragon Warrior, either based on the Erdrick stories (I-III) or the Zenithian one (IV), and The Legend of Zelda - but ONLY if Paul W.S. Anderson, Uwe Boll and all the other idiots who ruin video games movies stay the f**k away from them.

A Terminator future war movie with R rated Black Hawk Down/Saving Private Ryan style war scenes.

- Legend of Zelda: OOT
- Bioshock.
- Mighty Max (live action)
- Pirates of Darkwater (live action)
- Gargoyles (live action)
- a sequel to The Labyrinth
- a remake of Harvey, perhaps with a more 'supernatural' twist.
- a stop motion film of Enormous Crocodile
- The Twits with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter as The Twits.
- Monkey Island films with Zach Braff as Guybrush Threepwood and Brian Blessed as Le Chuck.
- Power Rangers reboot - http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=16108325&postcount=70
- live action Thundercats with Wentworth Miller as Lion-O, Ving Rhames as Panthro, John Leguizamo as Slithe and Hugo Weaving as Mumm-Ra. Directed by David Twohy, Francis Lawrence or Alex Proyas.

my own ideas;

Looney Tunes to the Rescue
An old black and white cartoon, bitter about been forgotten in the transition to colour and in particular the popularity of Bugs Bunny, kidnaps Bugs and threatens to 'rub him out'. The head of Warner has lead animator (Zach Braff) team up with a small team of Tunes - Daffy, Foghorn, Wyle E, Sylvestor (y'know, the funny ones) to search the Warner cartoons vaults and rescue Bugs.

Eden
A sci-fi horror set in the future. Scientists have found a distant planet suitable for colonisation, so a group of astronauts are sent to check it out. There they find a beautiful paradise but slowly come under attack from a race of aliens that had come to Eden long ago searching for the 'fountain of life'. They thought they had found it but it dried up, unable to die they became coporeal beings and so they inhabit other bodies to exist and feed.

John vs. The Underworld
Action/adventure similar to the 80's/Kurt Russell films style - John sells his soul to save his dying wife. When the Reaper comes for his soul, he says he lied and had his fingers crossed. Lucifer, furious, takes his wife down to hell. John commits suicide and finds himself in hell where he battles the Minotaur, Cerberus and the Hydra to save his wife.

No Name Yet
This could work as a sci-fi/fantasy film or a rom-com. About an average guy with no confidence and is always overlooked for promotions. One day he wakes up and people can't see him. He finds out that a doppelganger, a charming, flirty, more confident version of himself who goes after the ladies and promotions has appeared. As the doppelganger starts taking over his life he starts fading to grey. So he would have to start taking control and fighting back to avoid fading out of existence. If it was done with a sci-fi twist, I'd want it to have the first proper self vs. self fight. ie. not only showing one face at a time. Something similar to the 2 McGreggors scene in the Island.

No Name Yet
Sci-fi actioner. In the future there are 'time cops', belonging to a secret agency, who travel back in time to stop things like major political killings. It would be about 2 agents who go back in time on a job. 1 of them returns to find the future very different while the other (the villain) had changed the past so that he became president. It would be about the good time cop having to get to the president to steal his time bracelet, after his broke, so he can go back in time to stop his partner changing the past. (It would involve time based physics fights like fights in slow and fast motion and stuff.)

A Terminator future war movie with R rated Black Hawk Down/Saving Private Ryan style war scenes.

That would be great, makes me wish that's what Salvation was like.

a hard R, modern day-set remake/re-imagining of House of Frankenstein, with Dracula, Th Wolfman, and Frankenstein's monster. Make-ups by Rick Baker, directed by Guillermo del Toro.

- Bioshock.

Bioshock is being made, after a little stall over budget concerns a little while ago director Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy) has now pulled out due to doing another film and will stay on as producer while Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) fills in the director's chair.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/viva-la-bioshock-7805

Half-Life 2 adaption (not sure Half-Life 1 could be pulled off without changing a lot of source material), have Half-Life 1 story as refrences or flashback sequences in the film.

Mortal Engines (book over in the UK which achieved moderate success and spawned 3 sequels & a prequel), fantastic story, be amazing to see it onscreen.

The Dark Knight Returns, get Keaton back (right age-ish) and Burton directing.

Last edited:
An adaptation of Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, focus just on the revenge story, leave out the Vietnam stuff, make sure it's a hard R rating. Basically take the drug story from season 1 of the Wire crossed with Taken and the stealthiness of Splinter Cell.

i got lots but heres wat i could think of now
lord of flies remake
-more brutal and close to the book
Metal Gear Solid
Devil May Cry

A few of my old favorites:

The Cay
The Giver
The Poisonwood Bible
A Separate Peace

Copied and Pasted from an older thread.

-Something by David Sedaris. Probably the second half of Me Talk Pretty One Day, since it more or less has a continuous plot. One could also probably take various other essays of his and figure out the timeline for them, and make that into a movie.

-The Final Solution by Michael Chabon could be a really good, concise detective film. I would say The Yiddish Policemen's Union, but it's already being made into a film.

-Possibly Killing Yourself to Live by Chuck Klosterman. The pop culture analysis couldn't be featured as much, but the narrative itself would be entertaining for a movie.

-Although comic adaptations are so numerous these days that they no longer excite me, I'd like to see a 100 Bullets movie. I'd base it on the first three trades and tell the stories in an episodic style akin to Pulp Fiction. And then maybe a second movie that delves into the bigger story.

-Similarly, a Criminal movie would be cool.

-The stage musical Curtains should be one considered for a film adaptation.

-I usually abhor the notion of a video game adaptation, but I'd watch a Jet Set Radio movie just to see how bat **** insane it turned out.

New Additions:

-In light of Disney's purchase of Marvel, I'd like to see Pixar make a Fantastic Four movie.

-Another Basterds movie.

-I'd be on board for that Kill Bill anime prequel idea that Tarantino's talked about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"