Childhood messed with again! New Thundercats Show!

Majin Boo

Superhero
Reaction score
and no, it isn't april's fool anymore :cmad:

2005641192994820587_rs.jpg

"WB animation is remaking the Thundercats as an animated TV series. The animation style is whimsical, Americanized-anime, along the lines of Teen Titans.

The setting is modern-day Earth, in a major city (possibly LA). The Thundercats are all teenagers. Their leader is Snarf who is now a mystic with a "third" eye. Each of the Thundercats has a weapon with an "Eye of Thunderra" and transformative powers (not just Lion-O).

When they aren't fighting evil, the Thundercats play together as a rock band.

Mum-Ra now has wings."

Whoa, that's jacked up. They just killed that series for me. :dry:

s**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Transformers: Armada
He-Man
Bugs Bunny

Now Thundercats

Nothing compared to the Original.

The only one I can say is definitively better is Justice League/Batman/Superman over Superfriends.

Why does he look gay?

I hate when artists try to give men thin waists. Why do they do this? Real men don't have thin waists.

ok April Fool's Day is over. You can stop the pranks. :o

Please tell me this is a prank. :csad:

Why does he look gay?

I hate when artists try to give men thin waists. Why do they do this? Real men don't have thin waists.

Uh...and he didn't look gay before? :huh:

Seriously, the only difference in gay-ness between the old and new is that the old is a bear and the new is a twink. :o

Uh...and he didn't look gay before? :huh:
lol. exactly what i was thinkin'...

apart from how skinny he is, i actually like the new design better. he'd look way better if he weren't so wimpy looking but i think his costume and hair are way cooler...

The look doesn't bother me as much as the premise.

Located in LA?

Teenagers?

Rock Band?

Snarf who was the comic relief is now in the Jaga roll? :down

yeah...the premise IS pretty stupid. i guess they're trying to capture a new audience (today's youth).

Horrible Mistake # 1 : WB animation is remaking the Thundercats as an animated TV series.

Horrible Mistake #2 : The animation style is whimsical, Americanized-anime, along the lines of Teen Titans.

Horrible Mistake #3 : The setting is modern-day Earth, in a major city (possibly LA).

Horrible Mistake #4 : The Thundercats are all teenagers.

Horrible Mistake #5 : Their leader is Snarf who is now a mystic with a "third" eye.

Finally, ladies and gentlemen, the straw that breaks the camels back: When they aren't fighting evil, the Thundercats play together as a rock band.

Booooo! :down:cmad:

WB exec #1 -"I got an idea for the new Thundercats! It's the crappy Masters of the Universe movie meets Josie and the Pussycats!!!"

WB exec #2 - "Brilliant!"

it's all one big lie folks, this rumour had been around for ages and ages....

it's not going to happen...

someone has just done an artist's impression to try and piss people off more and make it seem more geniune

Horrible Mistake # 1 : WB animation is remaking the Thundercats as an animated TV series.

Horrible Mistake #2 : The animation style is whimsical, Americanized-anime, along the lines of Teen Titans.

Horrible Mistake #3 : The setting is modern-day Earth, in a major city (possibly LA).

Horrible Mistake #4 : The Thundercats are all teenagers.

Horrible Mistake #5 : Their leader is Snarf who is now a mystic with a "third" eye.

Finally, ladies and gentlemen, the straw that breaks the camels back: When they aren't fighting evil, the Thundercats play together as a rock band.

Booooo! :down:cmad:
ha, so you are ok with mum-ra having wings????

that's just as bad as the rest of it.

We got this info half a year ago, and we were told WB decided to drop remaking thundercats. End of story its not happening.

ha, so you are ok with mum-ra having wings????

that's just as bad as the rest of it.

Since Mum-ra transforms into different forms anyway I didn't see it as quite the same level of blasphemy as that other stuff.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that the project didn't get off the ground.

its old and was nothing but a pitch that went no further than a few designs

if there was going to be a new series then http://www.thundercatslair.org/ would be the first place to get wind of it,

and on a side note i must be the one of the few that actully enjoyed the myp masters of the unvierse as much as the filmation one

and on a side note i must be the one of the few that actully enjoyed the myp masters of the unvierse as much as the filmation one

You know, I was going to mention that too. I really didn't have a problem with the 2003 He-Man series at all. A few of the episodes were filler and not as well animated as the others, but overall it was pretty good. A Thundercats update that was similar to that Mike Young Productions series would actually be quite a bit better than the original series.

You know, I was going to mention that too. I really didn't have a problem with the 2003 He-Man series at all. A few of the episodes were filler and not as well animated as the others, but overall it was pretty good. A Thundercats update that was similar to that Mike Young Productions series would actually be quite a bit better than the original series.

agreed, i wish mattel would pull there heads out of there ass and get the series on dvd, its a shame the third season was due to inculde the horde, them winning and ruling eterina, the masters becoming freedom fighters, she-ra being introduced and as a series finale skeletor vs hordak with skeletor winning:csad:

Well at least the Four Horseman sculptors are still releasing the statue figures of those updated MOTU characters.

05_Hordak.jpg

that new lion-o design is freaking awesome... and i don't mind the idea of mum-ra having wings, that could look kind cool. everything else though, is so gay i could kick a little kid in the face.

Well at least the Four Horseman sculptors are still releasing the statue figures of those updated MOTU characters.

05_Hordak.jpg

agreed, arghhhh damn me having little space and no money:cmad: :woot:

i must admit lizard i didnt know you were a MOTU fan

if they were to put lion-o in another costume, then it should be this one...

it's like the best costume ever designed for any character

13036.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"