• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Children of Men

Yurka

Let The Games Begin!
Reaction score
So I just got back from seeing this film and I am speechless. from the opening scene the visuals are simply amazing and the plot is extremely interesting. There are a couple shots in the movie that I've been thinking about for the last half hour and have just thought, wow, how did they do that???

After seeing this movie I wanted to know what other people thought of it. After I saw it some a$$hole in front of me was like, "well that was ok, the begining and the ending kind of sucked" and I felt like drop kicking that punk in the head.

others who have seen it, what do you think of it and how would you rate it 1-10?

I think I'm going to see this tomorrow.
The commercials make it very compelling.

yea they do,
I went in thinking that some of the shots I saw in the trailer looked really cool and that they showed all the good stuff in the trailer, but I was wrong, in the movie there was stuff that boggled my mind. I loved it, I hope you do too

I still can't figure out why people would turn into mad max style thugs just because they couldn't have babies.

Can someone explain this to me before I see it?

I don't want to waste two hours of my life if it sucks.

Just got back myself, thought it was absolutely amazing. Very depressing and sad, but absolutely an awesome movie.

I saw the ending only, kind of strange

i'll be honest, the previews didn't do a whole lot to pique my interest, but after reading the incredible reviews, i'll definately be watching this as soon as i can.

9/10

One of the best movies of '06 that i have seen. The story did make an impact on me , probably because i'm a hindu guy.
To me at least , a movie doesn't always need stellar performances to see the underlying message and symbolism.
Children of Men is one of them.

Granted the movie did have some pacing problems in certain scenes and i would've preferred some other colored woman to have the baby as opposed to a black lady ( how an indian lady or a chinese lady or a muslim lady for once...).
Still Children of Men , at least in my opinion , is a great movie and will become a classic

9/10

One of the best movies of '06 that i have seen. The story did make an impact on me , probably because i'm a hindu guy.
To me at least , a movie doesn't always need stellar performances to see the underlying message and symbolism.
Children of Men is one of them.

Granted the movie did have some pacing problems in certain scenes and i would've preferred some other colored woman to have the baby as opposed to a black lady ( how an indian lady or a chinese lady or a muslim lady for once...).Still Children of Men , at least in my opinion , is a great movie and will become a classic

Why is that? :huh:

Also Muslims come in all races, ethnicities, and nationalities.

Can someone explain the ending to me?

Why is that? :huh:

Also Muslims come in all races, ethnicities, and nationalities.

I know , i should've said an arabian muslim woman.I mean if Children Of Men is already taking on the subject of minorities being used the reason for the death of humanity , why not use a Arabian Muslim woman. It would also be a better way of showing muslims as opposed to the idiots we see in the middle-east . Or an lady from india :huh:
It's not that hard to find indian actresses who can speak english quite well , specifically those who live in England

As for the why ?
Well it's just that i would like to see other races also being put forward too. I mean everytime you need someone with a different race in movies for various reasons ( such as in this case an a immigrant woman who is the hope for humanity or to have a variety in an otherwise all-white cast) the person they usually sette on early in a black guy/woman.

Unless of course it is a movie where you specifically need certain races such as movies in Africa needing black actors ( Blood Diamond) or movies in the middle east ( Syriana)

I'm talking about movie roles where you could basically cast any other race . Only now do we see other races being shown in movies such as in Inside Man you had a sikh or even Kall Penn acting in SR/

I want to see this, but I don't feel like driving for an hour to find a theater that has it.

I'll just have to wait for the DVD. (Damn!)

I know , i should've said an arabian muslim woman.I mean if Children Of Men is already taking on the subject of minorities being used the reason for the death of humanity , why not use a Arabian Muslim woman. It would also be a better way of showing muslims as opposed to the idiots we see in the middle-east . Or an lady from india :huh:
It's not that hard to find indian actresses who can speak english quite well , specifically those who live in England

As for the why ?
Well it's just that i would like to see other races also being put forward too. I mean everytime you need someone with a different race in movies for various reasons ( such as in this case an a immigrant woman who is the hope for humanity or to have a variety in an otherwise all-white cast) the person they usually sette on early in a black guy/woman.

Unless of course it is a movie where you specifically need certain races such as movies in Africa needing black actors ( Blood Diamond) or movies in the middle east ( Syriana)

I'm talking about movie roles where you could basically cast any other race . Only now do we see other races being shown in movies such as in Inside Man you had a sikh or even Kall Penn acting in SR/

They should have gotten Aishwarya Rai :cmad: (girl in my avvy) :p

The girl they got though was real good, though.

As for the why ?

I understand. Hollywood does need to acknowledge that there are more than 2 or 3 races. (White, Black, and Hispanic.)

Ok, I just saw it.
I'm giving it a 9.
Everything was well done, and I like how there was either no or very little CGI involved.
My only problem was the ending.
It felt incomplete. I wanted to see
her get on the boat and sail off into the fog
. Just having that little bit extra would have made it better.
Though the ending is sad, yet you can't help feeling that Theo completed what he set out to do.
I found it kind of funny that Pam Ferris(Miriam) was such an admirable character. The only time I've ever seen her is in Harry Potter as Marge.
I always find post-apocalyptic worlds fascinating, but this is the only time that I've seen one that is so real and raw.
And the cinematography of the film is the best I've ever seen. I'd added to it's realness.
For those of who want to see a good movie in a weekend of pure crap, this is it.

**** had a known this was good I would have seen it today.
I hope it doesn't pull out of theaters too quick like The Fountain.

This movie, unlike The Fountain, makes sense.

Amazing. I voted 10, though I meant a 9. Some of it moves too woodenly (if that is a word) for me. But yes, the movie stunned me.

Saw this yestersay, For the first time in my life, i was actually excited, and I had no idea what was going to happen next. My heart was actually racing in that scene in the woods, best chase scene ever.

Ok, I just saw it.
I'm giving it a 9.
Everything was well done, and I like how there was either no or very little CGI involved.
My only problem was the ending.
It felt incomplete. I wanted to see
her get on the boat and sail off into the fog
. Just having that little bit extra would have made it better.
Though the ending is sad, yet you can't help feeling that Theo completed what he set out to do.
I found it kind of funny that Pam Ferris(Miriam) was such an admirable character. The only time I've ever seen her is in Harry Potter as Marge.
I always find post-apocalyptic worlds fascinating, but this is the only time that I've seen one that is so real and raw.
And the cinematography of the film is the best I've ever seen. I'd added to it's realness.
For those of who want to see a good movie in a weekend of pure crap, this is it.

exactly what I thought :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"