Child's Play remake

Hopefully its opening weekend ends up better than the current tracking, which has been very off this year for a lot of films.

Domestically, also opening is Orion/United Artists Releasing’s re-imagination of the late ’80s series Child’s Play at 3,007 theaters. The film, we understand, is comping closely to Universal/Blumhouse’s Ma and could earn $16M-$18M.

‘Toy Story 4’ To Cure Summer Sequelitis & Set Global Opening Record For Animated Film With $260M – Deadline

I read a review. Seriously, this is why he's an evil doll?

zenh5.jpg

Good to hear.
The casting of Aubrey Plaza and Brian Tyree Henry piqued my interested, and I started to get really excited about the film ever since the very first (great) teaser trailer made its debut. Subsequent trailers and spots confirmed my initial impression. Hope my instinct was right!

I'm pumped to watch this. I was on a horror forum and they were blasting it when the trailer first released and I was the only who said it actually looked interesting. I'm just glad it's back to being serious instead of the comedy that the early 2000s ones had.

Last edited:
I meant in terms of marketing penetration. I like the tone and creative aspect of the marketing, but its feel to me like there isn't enough of it.

Halloween was everywhere leading up to its release.

Huh? Child’s play is everywhere. I see ads on Instagram, Facebook, youtube. The push for this is crazy. Aubrey plaza has a trending video. I’m seeing more media than toy story which comes out the same day. The marketing for this is huge.

:twisted:
''Aubrey Plaza Snorts Milk While Eating Spicy Wings | Hot Ones'' on youtube. a lot of cursing.

I'm pumped to watch this. I was on a horror forum and they were blasting it when the trailer first released and I was the only who said it actually looked interesting. I'm just glad it's back to being serious instead of the comedy that the early 2000s ones had.

It's not a full on "dark and gritty" remake. There's plenty of tongue-in-cheek moments. But one thing I love about the movie is that it makes you sympathize with the doll, even though it's LESS human than it was in the original.

Haven’t seen it yet but been listening to the score. If nothing else, the music is insanely great. A cross between classic Danny Elfman, Gremlins and the score from the 1988 original.

yeah that is awesome

Saw the new one last night, I dug it overall. Mark Hamill is no Brad Dourif, but he does have his moments.

This was a solid, well-made flick. I liked it, but didn't love it.

Up until the end, it plays more like an episode of Black Mirror rather than a remake of Child's Play. In fact, other than brand awareness, I don't really see why they had to make this a Chuckie movie. They could have turned this into an original horror/thriller concept, rather than "CINO".

I think that by removing Chuckie's scathing true personality, you lose part of the dynamic that made the original so interesting. Also, I really didn't think I'd be so underwhelmed by Hamill's voice performance. It's not his fault, but he primarily talks in this kiddie voice for 97% of the film.

The musical score was the best part for me.

Just got out of this, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I would honestly consider this a perfect example of how franchise could remake/reboot their original films. This is different enough where I didn’t feel like I was just watching a rehash, but also stayed true to enough of the concept that I understand why it’s a Child’s Play movie. I think I like it more than the original. It’s sitting somewhere around an 8/10.

This movie was ****ing hilarious. The kills were the best part. Hamill nailed the vocals, mostly because he's in on the joke.

So apparently the budget for this thing was only 10 mil and it's already made 6.

Last edited:
It definitely felt like they saved their money for Chucky which is where it needed to really so it works. I thought he looked great.

Didn't like every choice they made script wise but I really enjoyed it and had a ball. Right from the beginning I was laughing with the Kaslan commercial. Gabriel Bateman was fantastic as Andy, he really sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"