Chris Benoit Life Bio Film in Works

I recently saw a video on You Tube claiming that Benoit's death and that of his family wasn't a murder/suicide, but in fact a triple murder. Maybe they could play the "conspiracy theory" angle in the film. It would certainly make for a more entertaining watch. And by not making the WWE out to be the "big bad" in the film, they'd have a better chance of having their cooperation.

[YT]fG4rl_zTsFM[/YT]

:doh:

And I thought 9/11 conspiracies were stupid.

People state that what happened was the result of head injuries from wrestling like it's a proven fact.

It's totally not.

I'll pass on this one. His actions were despicable & I'm not trying to relive the memories of finding out all that information by watching a film on his life. He doesn't even deserve it anyway.

As far as I'm concerned this movie isn't even being made.

People state that what happened was the result of head injuries from wrestling like it's a proven fact.

It's totally not.

There was definately brain damage of some kind. How much that played into the actual murders is anyone's guess.

The role would be difficult to pull off accurately. Chris Benoit was a very mild mannered humble type of guy who kept to himself. What happened to cause him to snap is entirely speculation.

Also the last thing wwe wants is for his name to come up again. This really put a mark on the industry. I couldn't see wwe cooperating under any type of circumstances

There is no denying his wrestling career at the very least contributed to it but there is no factual proof it was the primary reason for it. That he had brain damage from years of wrestling isn't speculation.

This movie may actually work as a film about suicide, depression, mental illness and drug abuse and the consequences of those things, but I would remove all references to Benoit and make it an 'inspired by' kind of thing. Like change names, dates, locations and circumstances but keep the same idea of a humble and quiet guy turns into a crazed man after years of abuse and illness.

The message of helping those suffering from mental illness should be the central point of even making this film, however. No glitz and glam about the wrestling business or celebrities, just a moral lesson about mental health in modern America.

There is no denying his wrestling career at the very least contributed to it but there is no factual proof it was the primary reason for it. That he had brain damage from years of wrestling isn't speculation.

That's not true whatsoever. It's possible certainly. It seems very likely that yes he had brain damage. But saying it definitely played a part in this and wrestling carries some blame is far from indisputable. Simply proving he had brain damage doesn't prove it was the cause of this. None of us have any idea of the details and we never will. So I'll continue to put the blame squarely on Benoit.

It's more comforting to think that this tragedy must be the result of outside circumstances, but that doesn't make it so.

Defending wrestling is somehow better though? Nope, not buying that. The truth is that sport is brutal to the people who participate in it and trying to dismiss any claims of it contributing is white knighting it.

Well that's a very black and white interpretation of it. It's also fantastically inaccurate.

I'd like to see where I defended wrestling. I wasn't aware that not blaming it based on zero evidence counted as such. I'm not white knighting anything, and I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm simply saying that proof of brain damage is not proof of it being the cause of this. Proof of wrestling being brutal is not proof of it being the cause of this. Which is true. Much as saying "Anyone who disagrees is... (insert claim here)" doesn't make it so.

Correlation does not imply causation. Did wrestling cause his brain damage? Most certainly. He was an especially dangerous performer. But again, that's not what we're talking about here.

Last edited:
This will be an interesting movie to follow the development of. Especially the WWE and all it's apologists that will make it sound like his full contact sporting didn't cause any brain damage at all.

Ugh... Why do I even bother?

People just read what they want to read I guess.

I believe zeroapoc is saying we don't know if Benoit's condition is what lead to the act being committed or if he fully understood what he was doing at the time. I tend to believe the that the brain trauma did cause this but zeroapoc is saying that there is no knowing whether Benoit was legally sane at the time. Which is different from outright denying his condition.

Last edited:
Ugh... Why do I even bother?

People just read what they want to read I guess.

When did I post anything about you? You neither work for the WWE (I think) or are saying they did nothing wrong.

You are not whom I am talking about at all. It was a general statement about how much of a circus this will become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"