Batman Begins Chris Nolan's name always mentioned

GregComicFan

movie and comic buff
Reaction score
Hi,

I was watching Batman Begins on AMC, or TBS, or TNT, or Spike, or some channel on tv (I forgot which), and after every commercial break the voice-over-guy said "We now return to Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins"...and it struck me that Nolan's name has really been amplified by the success of Batman Begins and TDK. I've never seen Spiderman on tv and the voice-over-guy said "We now return to Sam Raimi's Spiderman" or "We now return to Bryan Singer's X-Men".... I just thought it was an interesting observation that Nolan's name was mentioned by the voice-over-guy.

Hi,

I was watching Batman Begins on AMC, or TBS, or TNT, or Spike, or some channel on tv (I forgot which), and after every commercial break the voice-over-guy said "We now return to Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins"...and it struck me that Nolan's name has really been amplified by the success of Batman Begins and TDK. I've never seen Spiderman on tv and the voice-over-guy said "We now return to Sam Raimi's Spiderman" or "We now return to Bryan Singer's X-Men".... I just thought it was an interesting observation that Nolan's name was mentioned by the voice-over-guy.

TDK definitely bumped up his profile.

I think so did, ironically, not getting nominated for an Oscar. His name was paired with the movie itself as being snubbed in just about every article I read concerning Oscar. Also, his accepting awards on his and Heath's behalf (at the Golden Globes and the People's Choice) put him in the public eye probably more than ever before.

It's probably being done to distinguish his Batman from Burton's. I know it's been a while since B89, but Nolan certainly isn't as well known as Tim Burton YET....

It's probably being done to distinguish his Batman from Burton's. I know it's been a while since B89, but Nolan certainly isn't as well known as Tim Burton YET....
I agree with this, also, Nolan has had such a huge role in this franchise (writer, director, producer) that if you are going to label the NEW franchise as anybody's...it would be Nolan.

.... I just thought it was an interesting observation that Nolan's name was mentioned by the voice-over-guy.

What are you, dense? Are you ******ed or something? Don't you know who he is? He's the god damn Chris Nolan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"