The Dark Knight Hulme on Aussie Radio station Triple M...

The Fallen

Hot! Spicy! Tastes Great!
Reaction score
I managed to catch Humle on the radio (2 mins ago) co-hosting 'Get this' on Triple M and first thing they chated about was the rumors of him being cast as The Joker for the Begins sequal.

He said (going off memory):

-When asked if it was 'internet generated nonsense', he said yes SARSASTICALLY becaue it was on the internet, and that he can't talk about it.

-He knows about 'the varous Batman sites' and that Bettany and Law were 'getting a good run at it' (the role of Joker)

-Bettany was mentioned in that he 'shot himself in the foot' by playing the bay guy in Firewall and now Da Vinci, as Hulme said 'I hope so!' in a sly fashion

- He said 'I think the whole Joker thing came about because I resemble The Joker'

- "We (him and his agents) have met with the producers" that a quote

- Host brought up the fact that The Joker may only get 20 mins of screen time and that's why the big name actors not want the part. Hulme said to that "No comment"

- He has a glass case full of Batman memoribillia and is a Batman fan, even before this whole Joker thing happened, and said he could now clame the memoribillia on tax was research if he gets the bit!

-He was with the host of the show one time watching Begins, freezing particular shots and then getting the comic that that shot is from!

Overall he sounded like a really cool, funny guy.

I managed to capture the bit on mp3 on my iRiver, so I may post it when I get home, cos I'm at work.

-

Interesting, thanks for posting. That would be great if you could get that mp3 up.

for myself being such a large anti-hulme person, if this is true stuff...........i may not be as anti as before........still........go Bettany.

The Fallen said:
- He has a glass case full of Batman memoribillia and is a Batman fan, even before this whole Joker thing happened, and said he could now clame the memoribillia on tax was research if he gets the bit!
So do I.

Boom for The Joker :up:.

20 mins of screen time? that better be bull****

Yeah I am with you Bat Brain! I hope that 20 minutes of screen time is BS!

i doubt it, i mean 20 mins in a 2 and 1/2 hour flick is rediculous. The only reason Ra's had little screen time was to add to the shocker at the end cuz he's such a lame villain and they had to develop all the batman origin. People want to see the Joker. None of this "allude to him" and "mystery" crap. There's a reason they call him the Joker and the film makers had better realize that. I could understand him having smaller amount of screen time than Batman and Dent, thats fine. Batman should be the focus of the movie and we should develop an emotional attatchment to dent, only to have his tragedy let loose on us. But 20 mins? I agree, they better give us more than that.

Anjow1060 said:
i doubt it, i mean 20 mins in a 2 and 1/2 hour flick is rediculous. The only reason Ra's had little screen time was to add to the shocker at the end cuz he's such a lame villain
Spare me :rolleyes:.

Boom said:
Spare me :rolleyes:.

I have to agree, for the most part Ra's was a pretty lame villain. Mainly because he had so little time to show us -the audience- what a villainous character he really was. for me "the shocker" at bruces birthday party was more of a "oh, right, the bad guy. now get on with it".

in a movie situation, we have to actually see the villain doing villainous things (obviously) otherwise we don't have any reason to root for bats. joker needs a proper amount of screentime, and anyone who thinks he should be "in the shadows" is just plain missing the entire point of the character

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"