"Christian" Review of X3

Casius--J said:
He takes too long to get on with the criticism so i couldnt be bothered to read all of that.
yeah, the bible takes a good long while to get to the point too. I gave up somewhere around when it was talking about putting several billion animals onto a cruise ship. It's like "hey, just get the that Jesus dude already, would ya?"

As some of you have said...I also am devoted to God for the rest of my life...in fact it is the most important thing in my life....i belive that one Christians review of a movie should not change our veiws...I have not seen the movie but REALLY, REALLY want to...as a matter of fact my Youth Pastor is going to go see it to...so obviously we should just ignore him...cause i heard the same about LOTR and guess what...My Youth Pastor took our whole groupe to go see that so the dude can just shut his face.

That article is exactly why I stopped going to church years ago.

I am a Christian, and I think is too ignorant to just demonize a movie because it represents a movement. Everybody makes a relation with the gay movement but is not only that, what about Black People, Jews and even Christians cause theres places and ocasions where and when Christians are not liked (like when they throw their judgments unnecesarily), Jesus and his apostols where persecuted, and ended up with his dead because of tirany, intolerance and unacceptance of what is diferent, but I am pretty sure that if Jesus was to watch this film, he would be more interested in the message of tolerance and acceptance being that he had been victim of the two. Jesus came to give a message of love, nobody was cheking for how lovely was his hair, or how lovely his robe was or Oh my God his sandals are dirty!! they should focus more on the message the movie is trying to send rather than the unnimportant details. I think this movies and the whole X Men foundation is pretty big, and everybody can relate because there is always a moment in someones life when someone else had made you feel you dont belong, weather you are Black, Latino, Jewish, Gay, Lesbian, Muslim, Christian ...Mutant.

actualy something funny....i was listining to yes fm which is a christian rock station on the radio...and they promoted X3 as when hey find a cure for the mutant gene and how mutans are like christians and all this stuff so OBVIOUSLY SOME PEOPLE DONT KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT(like that dude who needs to shut his face about X3 cause it is not EVIL)<idiot

spartin2008 said:
i belive that one Christians review of a movie should not change our veiws
spartin2008 said:
as a matter of fact my Youth Pastor is going to go see it to...so obviously we should just ignore him...cause i heard the same about LOTR and guess what...My Youth Pastor took our whole groupe to go see that so the dude can just shut his face.
seems a bit contradictory. Sounds like you're dismissing one Christian's analysis because it's not one you want to hear, and listening to another because he's saying what you do want to hear. One second you say you shouldn't care what other christians think, the next you're using your youth minister as your example implying you trust what HE thinks.

Which is it?

This guy uses passages from the bible to show why this film is wrong, has your youth minister used passages to tell you why it's not? Or are you just siding with him because it's the answer you want to hear?

Well i see nothing wrong with it and neither does he...that is why...once me or him find something wrong with it i would let you know but its a MOVIE :eek: i really dont see how a movie, based on a comic book can be SO BAD...that is what i ment.

O and thanks for changing that for me:D

This pisses me off. These idiots can **** off. They are hating on the movie just because it promotes evolution. Its just entertainment.

Scared that the truth might come out?

If all these things they talk about are sins then every person on earth is going straight to hell.

unless they believe in Jesus. That's EXACTLY what they're saying, Phoenix, because that's exactly what the bible says

I can't wait to see his review on the remake of the Omen

...that should make the billows roll! :eek:

Elijya said:
unless they believe in Jesus. That's EXACTLY what they're saying, Phoenix, because that's exactly what the bible says

Then the bible can go **** itself. It is passed on for generations, dont you think there could have been SOME misunderstandings over all that time?

Well, that was an interesting read, to say the least.

Well, I went to see X3 with a friend who practices Christianity and he fully enjoyed it. He's clearly not a nutjob like the guy who wrote this silly religious commentary.

I read the review (again), and it's even more hilarious the second time. :p

Jean's unholy resurrection. :p

I've read quite a few Christian reviews, 9 out of 10 had nothing but good things to say about Jean!
One of them was a bit bold in the dislike of the Infimery scene...but nothing else.
That person gives Christians a bad name. :down

PhoenixRising said:
This pisses me off. These idiots can **** off. They are hating on the movie just because it promotes evolution. Its just entertainment.
Scared that the truth might come out?
If all these things they talk about are sins then every person on earth is going straight to hell.
PhoenixRising said:
Then the bible can go **** itself. It is passed on for generations, dont you think there could have been SOME misunderstandings over all that time?
...well aren't we a ray of sunshine? :rolleyes:

"Nutjobs"? "Idiots"? Maybe we shouldn't be so ready to judge someone because of their idealogical views.

Hey, guess what? I didn't like the movie, niether did this person, but some others liked, dare I say "loved", X3, does that make anybody wrong? No. It just defines us all as individuals. You liked it, I didn't. Big whoopdiedoo! Who cares?

how can healing be unholy?? i mean is the bible the book of the devil or somthing??

God, i hate religion.

Not to offend religious people or anything...

SuperFerret said:
"Nutjobs"? "Idiots"? Maybe we shouldn't be so ready to judge someone because of their idealogical views.

Hey, guess what? I didn't like the movie, niether did this person, but some others liked, dare I say "loved", X3, does that make anybody wrong? No. It just defines us all as individuals. You liked it, I didn't. Big whoopdiedoo! Who cares?
yeah, but Ferret, the guy's not just expressing his opinion on the film, he's saying all of us should follow the bible and thus feel the same way, and you're not a good person if you don't

Sigh...where do these people come from...i'm a Christian and this guy gives us all a bad name. What a freak.

Elijya said:
yeah, but Ferret, the guy's not just expressing his opinion on the film, he's saying all of us should follow the bible and thus feel the same way, and you're not a good person if you don't

So? Let him say what he wants. I know I'm a (generally) good person, that's all that really matters to me.

All I'm saying is that calling someone an idiot or a nutjob or just basically ridiculing someone for thier beliefs is very much akin to something like saying that a moive promotes evil values and if one doesn't follow a certain sacred text they are not good people.

Elijya said:

Nothing wrong with feeling like people are wrong. That is part of his opinion.
But when he goes out of his way to point fingers and look down on you...judge you...that completely goes against the Bible.

I think what we have here is a perfect example of someone using God as a convience to push their own personal feelings. Much like the Crusades had nothing to do with religion...the Crusades were started by arrogent men in power who wanted absolute control and used the most convienent thing they could find. (religion) Had there never been such a thing as religion, they would have used something else to justify their actions. Human nature. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"