Christmas catalogs from the "good old days"

searswishbook1979cp634kf2.jpg

I was never much of a sports fan myself, but my football-loving next-door neighbor had an electric football game, and it was pretty fun.

From the 1983 Sears Christmas Wishbook:

searswishbook1983p577ek0.jpg

I always found the no-name generic rip-off toys interesting as well, like the bendy figures at the top right.

searswishbook1983p575ws3.jpg

This GI Joe stuff is all pretty much still available in stores right now.

I clicked on this thread thinking I wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about...then I realized that I remembered seeing these damn things! Oh man...you've just made me feel very old...and very nostalgic. Thanks. :up:

The ones quoted are my fave :heart:

Lunar_Wolf said:
Best toy as a small kid, was frankenstein.
The tools were in his head.
You could open he's chest and use the tools to fix him.
lol, TOOLS IN HIS HEAD?

What a great 'do dude...

cc1.jpg

This is how Wil got started

cc2.jpg

I SOO wanted the camper shell awesomeness

cc3.jpg

I'll neeever teeeeelll...

really though...who the hell could afford that damn aircraft carrier??

SearsWishbook1985ECP442.jpg

I thought I loved He-Man...

SearsWishbook1985ECP444.jpg

...when everyone knew that Voltron was 10x better.

SearsWishbook1985ECP440.jpg

Prerequisite for being a boy who appeared in these ads is that you have to look effing punchable to the max.

Look at those kids.

I loved my Batman toys as a child (after i moved on from masters of the universe) Though i always wanted the gotham city sets from the TV ad's, man i wish you could have bought those.

Whoa, this really takes the ole girl back, thanks. :csad: :up:
I always dreamed about having a motorized car. :mad:
I saw myself driving up and down the sidewalk, maybe even hauling around my crew.....of stuffed animals. :o

From the 1983 Sears Christmas Wishbook:

searswishbook1983p577ek0.jpg

I always found the no-name generic rip-off toys interesting as well, like the bendy figures at the top right.

searswishbook1983p575ws3.jpg

This GI Joe stuff is all pretty much still available in stores right now.

<-------SCREAMS WITH GLEEE my god I remember that, the good ol'times..

I always laughed when they did things wrong in the catalog. Like how Voltron isn't assembled correctly in like 2 pics, or that Shipwreck appears like 5 times on the Aircraft carrier.

searswishbook1979cp634kf2.jpg

HA!!!! I had the hockey and the NFL Game!!! You could line up the football players and the guy with the ball would run the wrong way or to the sideline! :woot: :woot: It just vibrated.

HOLY ****!!!!! The Lizard and Knowsbleed you are my new best friends!

MAN i MISS those catalogs.

if anyone has the catalog scan of the Inspector Gadget toy I will cry. I remember the good old says of an inkpen and circling and dog-earring every damn page!

I got a Japanese Soundwave for Christmas once.
I guess my dad thought that If I got other toys I'd become like a crack addicted swindler or something, because after that I just got some bootleg constructicons or something:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"