• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Christmas catalogs from the "good old days"

searswishbook1979cp634kf2.jpg

I was never much of a sports fan myself, but my football-loving next-door neighbor had an electric football game, and it was pretty fun.

From the 1983 Sears Christmas Wishbook:

searswishbook1983p577ek0.jpg

I always found the no-name generic rip-off toys interesting as well, like the bendy figures at the top right.

searswishbook1983p575ws3.jpg

This GI Joe stuff is all pretty much still available in stores right now.

I clicked on this thread thinking I wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about...then I realized that I remembered seeing these damn things! Oh man...you've just made me feel very old...and very nostalgic. Thanks. :up:

The ones quoted are my fave :heart:

Lunar_Wolf said:
Best toy as a small kid, was frankenstein.
The tools were in his head.
You could open he's chest and use the tools to fix him.
lol, TOOLS IN HIS HEAD?

What a great 'do dude...

cc1.jpg

This is how Wil got started

cc2.jpg

I SOO wanted the camper shell awesomeness

cc3.jpg

I'll neeever teeeeelll...

really though...who the hell could afford that damn aircraft carrier??

SearsWishbook1985ECP442.jpg

I thought I loved He-Man...

SearsWishbook1985ECP444.jpg

...when everyone knew that Voltron was 10x better.

SearsWishbook1985ECP440.jpg

Prerequisite for being a boy who appeared in these ads is that you have to look effing punchable to the max.

Look at those kids.

I loved my Batman toys as a child (after i moved on from masters of the universe) Though i always wanted the gotham city sets from the TV ad's, man i wish you could have bought those.

Whoa, this really takes the ole girl back, thanks. :csad: :up:
I always dreamed about having a motorized car. :mad:
I saw myself driving up and down the sidewalk, maybe even hauling around my crew.....of stuffed animals. :o

From the 1983 Sears Christmas Wishbook:

searswishbook1983p577ek0.jpg

I always found the no-name generic rip-off toys interesting as well, like the bendy figures at the top right.

searswishbook1983p575ws3.jpg

This GI Joe stuff is all pretty much still available in stores right now.

<-------SCREAMS WITH GLEEE my god I remember that, the good ol'times..

I always laughed when they did things wrong in the catalog. Like how Voltron isn't assembled correctly in like 2 pics, or that Shipwreck appears like 5 times on the Aircraft carrier.

searswishbook1979cp634kf2.jpg

HA!!!! I had the hockey and the NFL Game!!! You could line up the football players and the guy with the ball would run the wrong way or to the sideline! :woot: :woot: It just vibrated.

HOLY ****!!!!! The Lizard and Knowsbleed you are my new best friends!

MAN i MISS those catalogs.

if anyone has the catalog scan of the Inspector Gadget toy I will cry. I remember the good old says of an inkpen and circling and dog-earring every damn page!

I got a Japanese Soundwave for Christmas once.
I guess my dad thought that If I got other toys I'd become like a crack addicted swindler or something, because after that I just got some bootleg constructicons or something:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"