Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

It basically comes down to this - he's the bad guy for the sake of there being a bad guy. He's in the same vein as Nero from Star Trek.

Really? I thought Nero was a lot more interesting. He was a man with motivation and a plan.

He was also menacing, he destroyed armadas and he destroyed worlds and he stuck snails down Pike's throat. Contrast that to Malekith, who was going after a smoke that is to the colour red as Galactus is to white and Parallax is to yellow.

No it's not, it simply makes him boring and uninteresting. The whole "he's obsessed with keeping his race alive" thing was done much better with General Zod in MOS.

Oh god, no. I'm not going to get into this with you, we're clearly not going to agree.

Wasn't there originally scenes cut where Malekith's wife and children were killed by Bor and his men? Or have I had six beers?

Eh.....no. He's Nero from Star Trek.

Yeah I can see that. I could probably name several similarities to other characters in films.

I thought Eccleston did a good job, but I wasn't expecting much.

I thought Mal was perfectly fine. There were plenty of scenes with him, he was hell-bent on finishing what he started 5,000 years ago.

This is just a theory, but my feelings are if the DE's had spoken English the entire time, people wouldn't have said it felt like Mal was barely in the movie. There is something about having to focus your eyes down on the translation that is distracting from watching the characters on screen.

My only qualm with Mal was that they simply did not know how to utilize him during the fight sequence in the climax.

I don't mean to resurrect dead threads, but I just saw this flick and thought it was pretty good. As for Malekith, I was fine with his motivations (or lack of). I'm personally tired of every villain in fantasy/sci-fi epics having some kind of sympathetic justification for what they're doing. Sometimes I just want evil guys doing evil things just for the sake of being evil.

we reeeeeeeally need to see all the deleted Malekith scenes one day soon. Did Marvel really despise them so much that not only did they delete them but forbid them being released in any form?

Yea Marvel seems to cut scenes that have much needed development. They did it in Thor and Incredible Hulk. Yea if there is superfluous scenes sure, cut them. But don't cut the scene that shows us why Malekith despises Asgard. It's just bizarre.

As it stands, Malekith, for me, was the weakest Marvel villain so far. Alongside Vanko. Two great actors completely wasted. You could even say Hugo Weaving's Red Skull didn't reach his full potential too. Marvel really need to sort this issue out. If Lee Pace's Ronan gets the same treatment then well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"