Christopher Nolan's Inception

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatMatt

Superhero
Reaction score
Christopher Nolan has set up his next project with Warner Bros., an original screenplay he wrote called Inception. The "Dark Knight" director hopes to shoot the sci-fi action film in the summer for a release during summer 2010.

Nolan will produce with partner Emma Thomas, who served as a producer on The Dark Knight.

"Chris Nolan is a visionary filmmaker who continually raises the bar with each movie he makes," Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov said. "We are thrilled to be collaborating again with him and Emma on this exciting new motion picture."

Inception is described as "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind."

I'm happy for Chris to once again take a break between Batmans. If they're shooting this summer, there's no reason it would push Batman 3 beyond 2011 assuming Spring/Summer 2010 is the tentative shooting date for that film. I can't wait for more details to emerge

2 things. One, fine by me. I'm glad Nolan isn't doing B3 as his very next film, if he even comes back. (Though given this news, I highly believe he's coming back). Two, this project itself sounds interesting.

Nolan doing sci-fi? Sweet fictional Jesus! That is extremely good news.

I'm hoping he creates a Phillip K. Dick vibe with this. At least, it sounds like it has that kinda vibe to it.

Nolan has been extremely influenced by Blade Runner, one of the greatest Sci-Pi movies ever, should be cool if he incorporates some of that into Inception

Nolan has been extremely influenced by Blade Runner, one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies ever, should be cool if he incorporates some of that into Inception

Thats kinda what I was thinking of. I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot recently.

Sounds cool. Glad he isn't doing Batman back to back. I don't have much faith in 3rd movies anyway.

It sounds good also that they have a lot faith on Nolan with his films.Keep it up!

If there's anyone who can do a top notch, sci-fi mind f*** of a movie, it's Chris Nolan. However, with regard to his doing BB3, this would push that back to 2012. I don't see Nolan getting another Batman film out only a year after wrapping another project.

Do you think he might end up casting Bale for this one too ?? I mean, they seem to be starting that "Scorcese/DiCaprio" or "Burton/Depp" kinda relationship (which I absolutely adore, especially with Nolan and Bale):woot:.

Or maybe any other actor from Nolan´s Bat-universe, maybe Michael Caine or Morgan Freeman....

Just a thought...:o

Polux

If anything, I'd love to see Nolan use Oldman again. He's so brilliant - I'd love to see him in a sci-fi film.

If anything, I'd love to see Nolan use Oldman again. He's so brilliant - I'd love to see him in a sci-fi film.

You mean you dont love and own multiple copies of Lost in Space? :o:oldrazz:

Or maybe any other actor from Nolan´s Bat-universe
Anyone but Gyllenhaal :o

I'd love to see Eckhart get more work. Or, as Eggyman suggested, Oldman.

Bring it Nolan. glad he's making a film before batman 3. Loved getting The Prestige a year after Batman begins.

If there's anyone who can do a top notch, sci-fi mind f*** of a movie, it's Chris Nolan. However, with regard to his doing BB3, this would push that back to 2012. I don't see Nolan getting another Batman film out only a year after wrapping another project.

Depends on the size of the production for this shoot, and going by Nolan's past (Batman movies aside) his films have a short filming period. If he finishes filming this by Fall 09, he doesn't have to pick up filming Batman 3 till Summer 2010

While we don't have much info yet, the release timetable seems to indicate this would be a tentpole film. Which I'm glad, because Nolan always did know how to handle big budgets with an indie mindset. Sci-fi works best when the creative and production constraints are at a minimum. :up:

If he wants this for 2010, then judging by the amount of time it took him to do TDK after The Prestige I wouldn't expect BB3 until 2012.

Depends on the size of the production for this shoot, and going by Nolan's past (Batman movies aside) his films have a short filming period. If he finishes filming this by Fall 09, he doesn't have to pick up filming Batman 3 till Summer 2010

Thats all very well. But if he were to begin shooting Batman 3 in the summer of 2010 for a summer 2011 release, that would not give him enough time. As we know from Begins and TDK, Nolan's Bat-films have a very long shooting period.

Christopher Nolan doing a sci fi original film?!

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD. My ass is already in the seat.

Well going off hand here, for TDK, if I remember right TDK shot for a few weeks in April 07 for the prologue scene. The rest of the film was shot between June and October of the same year. It's too early to tell by this point I guess since we don't know when "shooting this summer" means exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"