• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War: How the hell is Iron man the bad guy???

LOL! Yeah, there was no need for that.

No, but really, if a criminal is fleeing, it doesn't mean you get the right to shoot him in the back. Only if he presents a real present danger to society, i.e. a petty thief is probably not going to go on a shooting rampage.

You tell him to stop, he stops or faces the consequences. Don't be so spineless. It's not like anyone is forcing them to flee, they choose to.

Faulty logic once again, you resist because you know you didn't do anything wrong. I mean, I'd like to think I would be all calm and nice if someone was arresting me for something I didn't do, but thats not always the case.

Running makes it worse, and makes you LOOK guilty, no matter if you are or not.

You tell him to stop, he stops or faces the consequences. Don't be so spineless. It's not like anyone is forcing them to flee, they choose to.

Its not about being spineless, its the law. Police officers have to follow the law too, this isn't NYPD Blue. This all came from a case where an officer shot a 16 year old kid in the back dead for stealing $16. If you think thats right, thats fine, but I'm willing to bet the majority of people don't.

Running makes it worse, and makes you LOOK guilty, no matter if you are or not.

Maybe, but that doesn't give a cop the right to shoot me. Are you understanding this?

And to bring it back, in the case of Goliath, Clor did have the right to do so, but of course, he wasn't programmed to do so.

Its not about being spineless, its the law. Police officers have to follow the law too, this isn't NYPD Blue. This all came from a case where an officer shot a 16 year old kid in the back dead for stealing $16. If you think thats right, thats fine, but I'm willing to bet the majority of people don't.

Kid shouldn't have run. It really is that simple. You may cry and crowe about it, but in that case, you might as well just abolish crime because nobody want's to be arrested. Might as well make everything legal.

That's the problem, some of you make out the criminals are the victims. T

Kid shouldn't have run. It really is that simple. You may cry and crowe about it, but in that case, you might as well just abolish crime because nobody want's to be arrested. Might as well make everything legal.

That's the problem, some of you make out the criminals are the victims. T

So you think the killing of a 16 year old is justified over $16?

Maybe, but that doesn't give a cop the right to shoot me. Are you understanding this?

And to bring it back, in the case of Goliath, Clor did have the right to do so, but of course, he wasn't programmed to do so.

Why, if you choose to run? YOU chose to run. If you hadn't you would be fine. It's that simple.

So you think the killing of a 16 year old is justified over $16?

I think it's justified as he stole, and then tried to get out of taking the consequences. If he had just taken the punishment which he deserved, he would still be alive. A cop's job is to bring criminals in. Criminals don't want to be brought in. You see the trouble there.

I must also add that it's not that he did a particularly terrible crime, it's that he had no intention of taking the consequences of it, and that he could have just been arrested and would be fine. He died because he was stupid, and selfish. Or better yet, had he not stolen in the first place he would still be alive.

Why, if you choose to run? YOU chose to run. If you hadn't you would be fine. It's that simple.

I can see you're not going to understand this. Running away doesn't give someome free reign to choose who lives or dies. This isn't the Wild West. I'm in the camp where killing someone over a couple of dollars just because they ran is wrong. You clearly don't think the same. Thats fine.

I can see you're not going to understand this. Running away doesn't give someome free reign to choose who lives or dies. This isn't the Wild West. I'm in the camp where killing someone over a couple of dollars just because they ran is wrong. You clearly don't think the same. Thats fine.

You're in the camp that thinks criminals are victims. To me, that's not fine, but it's your choice if you want to feel sorry for them. It's not like the cop said ''hey I'm gonna shoot someone today'', the kid sealed his own fate with his own actions.

I'm also of the camp that you shouldn't be stealing anyway, but hey, that's wacky old me.

I think it's justified as he stole, and then tried to get out of taking the consequences. If he had just taken the punishment which he deserved, he would still be alive. A cop's job is to bring criminals in. Criminals don't want to be brought in. You see the trouble there.

I must also add that it's not that he did a particularly terrible crime, it's that he had no intention of taking the consequences of it, and that he could have just been arrested and would be fine. He died because he was stupid, and selfish. Or better yet, had he not stolen in the first place he would still be alive.

I don't know, I rather live in a world where people don't get killed over the amount of the price of a CD. Whether he ran or not is irrelevant to me.

But we live in the day and age of tasers, so things like this happen less often.

I don't know, I rather live in a world where people don't get killed over the amount of the price of a CD. Whether he ran or not is irrelevant to me.

But we live in the day and age of tasers, so things like this happen less often.

You think I think it's good he died....not at all....but at the end of the day he brought it on himself. Would a taser have been better? Yes. But I'm not crying over someone who could have prevented his own fate.

You're in the camp that thinks criminals are victims. To me, that's not fine, but it's your choice if you want to feel sorry for them. It's not like the cop said ''hey I'm gonna shoot someone today'', the kid sealed his own fate with his own actions.

I'm also of the camp that you shouldn't be stealing anyway, but hey, that's wacky old me.

Yeah, stealing is wrong, I agree. But you know, the world isn't a perfect place.

And no, I don't think criminals are the victims, I just realize that criminals are humans too. While I agree mostly with your stance on murderers and rapists, I don't think petty crimes are things people should get killed over.

Yeah, stealing is wrong, I agree. But you know, the world isn't a perfect place.

And no, I don't think criminals are the victims, I just realize that criminals are humans too. While I agree mostly with your stance on murderers and rapists, I don't think petty crimes are things people should get killed over.

I don't think he should have been killed for his crime, but I'm not gonna blame the cop for what happened. The guy ran. Should he have died? Did he deserve to die? No to both. But I can understand why the cop did it. I'm not gonna make him out to be the bad guy. It was unfortunate but it wasn't really his fault.

Darth despite our many differences, I think you are a good guy, but I just can't blame the cop. I'm not saying the kid deserved to die, but that I can't blame the cop either.

What does that even mean Mr. junior psych major?

I remember you complaining about you being pulled over or searched and how it was some big conspiracy or something wah wah wah and all that.

Oh yeah, and you were being a total *****e bag then. Now I remember you. Yeah, you're still a nazi.

Oh yeah, and you were being a total *****e bag then. Now I remember you. Yeah, you're still a nazi.

LMAO Yeah, I'm really a nazi because I don't believe people should use race as an excuse. Yeah, I'm up there with hitler. Nevermind taking personal responsibility, it's always someone else's fault right Anubis? :whatever:

So if you drive through a crime-ridden do you deserve to be a victim? We're not being realistic. He stole $16; I'm even willing to grant a broken limb, but death? Come the hell on. He got what he deserved? That's a tad extreme.

So if you drive through a crime-ridden are you deserve to be a victim? We're not being realistic. He stole $16; I'm even willing to grant a broken limb, but death? Come the hell on. He got what he deserved? That's a tad extreme.

Never said he deserved to die, just that it wasn't really the cop's fault. The kid didn't HAVE to run, and he would have been ok.

Is it normal to wish bad things on him, so he realizes how evil his line of thinking is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"