The "real bad guy" of civil war..?

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
Okay, at ign.com they have a preview of new avengers #30, read it here: http://comics.ign.com/articles/784/784129p1.html

They say this issue is gonna set the course for marvel's big 2008 event. Read what Luke Cage says. Civil war, secret war, they're all linked and somebody's manipulating everybody. Goodness, it looks like marvel's planning on undoing the civil war already. I dont know whether to feel relieved or cheated. But if Luke's right, then this could change everything, if there is a real mastermind behind civil war. What are your thoughts?

I dunno. I doubt it just on principle. At this point it would take backseat retcons of ungodly proportions to make Civil War seem like "just" someone manipulating things at the start. We know why the war started. We know why things went down the way they did. People like Tony and Reed have been seeing it coming for years now. If someone really were manipulating things, it would just have to be little nudges and suggestions as opposed to the big-scale whammies that Cage is suggesting. At this point it just seems like Luke wants someone to blame...someone that they can still win against.

And sweet Buffy...Bendis should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be allowed to write Spider-Man again. Ever. "WHAT IF WE'RE BAD GUYS NOW KINGPIN THOUGHT HE WAS GOOD TOO." Christ on a ****stick.

Is it just me... or does Wong look like Pieface in that last picture. I'm sticking with it for a little why longer, because Cage is right, we do have a lot of unanswered questions, and Tony and crew aren't asking them, but I agree with Brian, Bendis cannot write Peter for #$^%.

Yu is going to get in trouble one of these days, Luke's baby is looking a little Ebony White there.

Awesome, good thing I wasn't talking about the complexion.

Yep! Fury disappeared at Secret War and has been behind the scenes in CW. He knows something and I'm sure he knows who the real bad guy is. It would have to be someone with immense power or technology to put all this together. I say Kang or some new villian. I would say Loki but Asgard is gone so it couldn't be him.

I did wonder when Marvel will have its own version of Infinity Crisis. With the decisions made the last 2-3 years, this would be a good time to mindwipe everyone cuase even though the stories were ok, there's only so far you can go with them.

Actually, Cage's theory does have some merit. We never did find out who ordered that Prison Break. Or just how What's her face suddenly became head of SHIELD. There's definitely something there. If you look back. But is it some massive conspiracy by someone, or someones? I don't know. This whole thing just got a bit more interesting.

Oh, and I doubt theres any real power involved here. That's ole fashioned manipulation right there. I'm guessing someone smart, someone cunning, and someone whose had a lot of time to get their ducks in a row. Probably some obscure Villain Bendis likes.

I'm very very intrigued but wouldnt it be a VERY bad cop-out? I mean Marvel just finished reforming the whole marvel universe with civil war and this whole registration thing, and now they're gonna just retcon it? I dunno guys, i think the civil war changes are here to stay, and didn't Joe Quesada specifically say that there definitly was no "evil mastermind" behind civil war?? I thought civil war was just a natural occurence of events, the people have had enough of reckless super-heroes and so they want them registered. How could their be manipulation there?

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that old Spiderman villian the Jackel? I know he hasn't been seen or heard from in YEARS but he was very good at manipulating people. Unless I missed a comic(which I probably did) he just "walked away" and was never seen again.

I believe Jackel was killed in Maximum Clonage. I forget how exactly, but i just remember there was a big battle with all the clones (scarlet spider, spider-cide and kaine) vs the jackel.

Jackal was a good villian! They should bring him back!

Actually, Cage's theory does have some merit. We never did find out who ordered that Prison Break. Or just how What's her face suddenly became head of SHIELD. There's definitely something there. If you look back. But is it some massive conspiracy by someone, or someones? I don't know. This whole thing just got a bit more interesting.

Oh, and I doubt theres any real power involved here. That's ole fashioned manipulation right there. I'm guessing someone smart, someone cunning, and someone whose had a lot of time to get their ducks in a row. Probably some obscure Villain Bendis likes.

The Hood?

The real question is, after years of alluding to some conspiracy, does anyone still care? I mean, "government conspiracy" stories were played out 2 years ago. :whatever:

could it be the red skull in conjuction with dr.doom??

that'd be interesting.

How about Mesmero or the Six Fingered Hand. They are both all about manipulation and have played in the big leagues before. They are also not high profile.

It's Dr. Doom. Someone asked Joe Q if we'd see any big Doom stuff in the Marvel universe soon, and Joe Q replied, "keep an eye on New Avengers" or something to that effect. Doom is the new Norman Osborn and the entire Marvel publishing line are his '90s Spider-Man comics.

Edit: Curse my infernal memory. It's Mighty Avengers that's supposed to feature Dr. Doom. I guess he could be the villain for NA #30 as well, though. Maybe he's what reunites the two Avengers teams.

It's Dr. Doom. Someone asked Joe Q if we'd see any big Doom stuff in the Marvel universe soon, and Joe Q replied, "keep an eye on New Avengers" or something to that effect. Doom is the new Norman Osborn and the entire Marvel publishing line are his '90s Spider-Man comics.

Edit: Curse my infernal memory. It's Mighty Avengers that's supposed to feature Dr. Doom. I guess he could be the villain for NA #30 as well, though. Maybe he's what reunites the two Avengers teams.

I doubt it. Like it was mentioned, Doom's popping up in Mighty Avengers, which has a completely different tone than New Avengers. If Doom is showing up in MA, it's because there's going to be a giant slobber knocker throwdown between him and the MA, not because he's part of a conspiracy.

LOL! Corp pwned himself and now he's trying to justify it.

Yep! Fury disappeared at Secret War and has been behind the scenes in CW. He knows something and I'm sure he knows who the real bad guy is. It would have to be someone with immense power or technology to put all this together. I say Kang or some new villian. I would say Loki but Asgard is gone so it couldn't be him.

You're giving Marvel too much credit. To think they could possibly allow a villian to be responsible is out of the question. Heroes are the new villians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"